Decisions of WICB Board of Directors Meeting of September 15-16
Sat, Sep 22, '12
St John’s, Antigua – The Board of Directors of the West Indies Cricket Board met in Barbados on Saturday September 15 and Sunday September 16. Following are synopses of the critical decisions taken and updates received and presentations made at the meeting.
1. The Board approved the appointment of Mr. Michael Muirhead as the new Chief Executive Officer to succeed Dr. Ernest Hilaire.
2. The Board approved the recommendation of the WICB Cricket Committee to retain the Selection Panel – Chairman Clyde Butts, Robert Haynes and Courtney Browne – for another two year term – October 2012 to September 2014. Stuart Williams and Lockhart Sebastien will serve as alternates for the same period.
3. The Board approved an increase in the number of Annual Retainer Contracts (ARCs) to be offered to male players from 15 to 20 for 2012-2013.
4. The Board approved the list of players to be offered Annual Retainer Contracts (ARCs) for 2012-2013. The list will be announced at a later date once the players have been advised and offered the ARCs.
5. The Board approved the budget for the financial year 2012-2013.
6. The Board approved an updated Draft Schedule of Cricket (DSC) for 2012-2013. Management will share the DSC with WIPA. As a result the DSC will not be publicly released at this time.
7. The Board approved the recommendations of the WICB International Fixtures Committee for the host venues of Caribbean Twenty20 2013. Management will share the venues with WIPA. As a result the venues will not be publicly released at this time.
8. The Board approved the recommendations of the Umpires and Match Referees Committee for six promotions to the WICB Senior Umpire’s Panel. They are: Zahid Bassarath, Patrick Gustard, Leslie Reifer Jr, Danesh Ramdhanie, Nandkumar Shivsankar and Verdayne Smith.
The Board also approved the recommendations of the Umpires and Match Referees Committee for six umpires to retain their positions on the WICB Senior Umpire’s Panel. They are Lennox Abraham, Gregory Brathwaite, Nigel Duguid, Norman Malcolm, Peter Nero and Joel Wilson.
The WICB Senior Umpire’s Panel has been appointed for two years.
9. The Board approved the recommendation for the formation of a Public Relations and Communications Committee.
- The Board received the CEO’s Report. It was Dr. Hilaire’s final report to the Board before he demits office on September 30.
- The Board also received a report on the WICB and stakeholders meeting with the CARICOM Prime Ministerial Sub-Committee on Cricket.
- The Board received updates on:
i) proposed MOU between WICB and Territorial Boards
ii) WICB Coaches Education Programme
iii) WICB Commercial programme
iv) a commercial T20 League in the Caribbean
v) preparations for CT20 2013/14
vi) the WICB Player Relations Programme
vii) the WICB Grassroots Youth Development Programme viii) Guyana situation