The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Banish these two players from any future Windies test plans!!!!

BatQuake 2014-08-29 23:39:02 

Two players who were considered for selection to the Test squad have opted to play in the Champions League which has an ICC approved window on the international schedule. The players’ decisions will not have any deleterious effect on consideration for future West Indies selection.

This is bare utter foolishness. I want to know who these two players are.

The name of a particular player comes to my mind. Is it the same player who.................hmmmmmmmm......

If it is him, then I say never consider him for any test duty for the West Indies again. NEVER EVER!!!!!!

What utter rubbish is dis. These two players refusal to play for the West Indies should have deleterious effects on their considerations for future test cricket for the Windies.

BatQuake 2014-08-29 23:59:28 

Can anyone tell me why is Sunil Narine not in the West Indies test team?

Can anyone tell me if a club team by the acronym KKR is going to be part of the Champions League which is just another form the IPL manifests itself as?

bravos 2014-08-30 00:05:22 

In reply to BatQuake

Quakie make up yuh mind,you want Narine in the team or not,you confusing me meng..

BatQuake 2014-08-30 00:07:09 

Look at what I see on Cricinfo:

Aside from representatives in the Caribbean Premier League champion Barbados Tridents squad, seven other West Indies players are participating in the Champions League Twenty20. Among those possibly in line for Test selection out of that group are Sunil Narine and Dwayne Bravo.

Hold up....aye, hold up dere, look at what else I see on Cricinfo's comprehensive report.

Narine was not considered for selection for all three Tests against New Zealand in June after opting to play for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL Final on June 1. It caused him to miss the start of a West Indies training camp ahead of the first Test starting on June 8. It paved the way for both Shane Shillingford and Sulieman Benn to make their returns to Test cricket during the series.

........(gasp).........so wait awhile nuh......but wait a minute,............(gasp)........

CC.com Newsroom, please take note of what a comprehensive report is eh. Phew!!! Dem kind of chicken back-a-neck news reports all you like to give must come to a screeching halt.

bravos 2014-08-30 00:16:10 

In reply to BatQuake

It paved the way for both Shane Shillingford and Sulieman Benn to make their returns to Test cricket during the series.

So you and Shillingford should be grateful,stop being deceitful man,that's how Shilly got on the telly,you love Shilly on the telly,and you loved the machinations that allowed that to happen at the time. You know Narine is a direct threat to Shillingford,you know deep down inside you much prefer his absence,especially against Bangladesh,who he would've undoubtedly bamboozled and completely put Shilly in the shade at the bottom line.

But you choose to go the deceitful route,anyway that's the route you always take with Narine,but you just taking it from a different angle now...

Nice man.

BatQuake 2014-08-30 00:27:31 

In reply to bravos

Quakie make up yuh mind,you want Narine in the team or not,you confusing me meng..

I was asking a question bravs. Why is Narine not in the Test team? Care to tell me why he isn't in it?

After all, y'all claim he is 'ready'.........

BatQuake 2014-08-30 00:29:19 

In reply to bravos

You know Narine is a direct threat to Shillingford,...........

bravs,......... lol lol..........boy your imagination does run really wild sometimes eh.

Narine is a direct threat to who? Come again...

BatQuake 2014-08-30 00:32:15 

In reply to bravos

But you choose to go the deceitful route,anyway that's the route you always take with Narine,but you just taking it from a different angle now...

But......but........bravs, but why you putting me on a route that is more commonly traversed on this MB by the Lenks and jacksprat type of posters?

bravs, I take the route of truth with regards to Narine. Narine ain't no Test spinner; he just isn't. His bowling loses its venom in the longer version of the game. Bangladesh should you all that; England told you all dat but y'all heads just hard hard hard.

By the way, how much wickets did the mysterious mystery spinner called Sunil Narine get in the recent ODI series vs Bangladesh?

I pointed out to you all about a year ago that Narine's wicket taking abilities in ODIs is taking a worrying dip. I warned you all about dat eh......but y'all head just hard hard hard.

jen 2014-08-30 00:42:53 

In reply to BatQuake

My guess is those players are POllard and Narine.

But, nonetheless, you can't be vex with them men. If you get a higher paying wuk, you go tek it. Ah mean, if Windies decline to select them after, they shouldn't complain...

BatQuake 2014-08-30 00:48:12 

In reply to jen

But, nonetheless, you can't be vex with them men. If you get a higher paying wuk, you go tek it. Ah mean, if Windies decline to select them after, they shouldn't complain...

Tell dem that when the higher paying job is in its off-season and the lower paying job has moved on without them, that they should not then look to call their Sista named P, their union and their delusional fans to try and get them back into the lower paying job.

And you see the utter nonsense about how this move by the two players won't affect their chances for future test considerations.

Boy I really hope that is just diplomatic talk for de media but behind the scenes, dem selectors forever intend to cross out these two players from future Windies test plans.

granite 2014-08-30 08:53:20 

People should consider one fact,maybe Narine and Pollard have given up the idea of playing test cricket,and why not.Narine was given the elbow for the NZ series for a petty reason,now he has shown those who didn't want him,he doesn't care for them...no harm done.As for Pollard,Windies cannot do without him in the Limited version of the game.We all know that BQ is well pleased that Narine is not around,isn't he pleased that "Shilly pon de telly".

mikesiva 2014-08-30 08:59:31 

Given that Big Bravo was considered for Test selection against the Kiwis, he's probably one of them....

If we're fighting a battle against the IPL and the Champions League, we're going to lose, as we did in the past. The sensible course of action is ensuring we don't schedule tournaments that clash with the IPL and the Champions League.

cherri 2014-08-30 10:36:18 

In reply to BatQuake

You want to know why Narine is not in the West Indies team?

HE PICKED KOLKOTA KNIGHT RIDERS INSTEAD............hope that satisfies you.....
Btw....the other player was Andre Russel........

bobby 2014-08-30 13:01:19 

In reply to BatQuake
We always knew you were not very bright now you have proved it. Cricket is now internationalised. It is a business. The IPL is sanctioned by the ICC and the WICB who will be sending the Barbados Tridents to the same competition that the 2 players have opted to play in. Suppose there were more Tridents, other than Jason Holder, who were eligible to play for the West Indies? What choices would they have made? Holder has chosen to play for the West Indies over the Tridents but I guarantee you that if his IPL team had qualified he would have been on his way to India.
What is the problem and what have they doner wrong?
The insularity displayed here by so many is a clear indication that in the minds of many petty and ignorant West Indians there is no West Indies Team unless the team is filled with their homeboys.
Decisions by the payers not opting to represent this so called West Indies is just an extension of this reality.

bravos 2014-08-30 13:36:11 

In reply to bobby

Couldn't have said it better myself!! cool

Halliwell 2014-08-30 13:37:25 

I C C Window

Understand dat?

When was time to whinge allyuh was mouse

BatQuake 2014-08-30 20:24:40 

In reply to cherri

You want to know why Narine is not in the West Indies team?

HE PICKED KOLKOTA KNIGHT RIDERS INSTEAD............hope that satisfies you.....
Btw....the other player was Andre Russel........

wink wink wink wink.......Aye Cherri, I now see a report indicating that so I will now have safety cover to state what I suspected all along.

Sunil Narine ought to be banned from all future West Indies test team considerations.

Sunil Narine ought to be and MUST BE punished for this.

Tell him to go and join Gambhir in India for good. Is dem dat is his masters....

bimbo 2014-08-30 20:49:33 

In reply to BatQuake

Boss, you must be a very rich man to spend so much time on this MB writing crap.

BatQuake 2014-08-30 21:43:16 

In reply to bimbo

I am he whom ye doth not know.

Now run along......or away.

BatQuake 2014-08-30 21:44:02 

In reply to bobby

Holder has chosen to play for the West Indies over the Tridents but I guarantee you that if his IPL team had qualified he would have been on his way to India.

Provide the evidence to support your guarantee.

lovethegame 2014-08-31 01:48:20 

In reply to BatQuake
I am amazed that someone who claims to have experienced God's grace, in turn give so little grace himself.
"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

BatQuake 2014-08-31 01:50:05 

In reply to lovethegame

Stop twisting and quoting sripture wrongly inorder to generate falsities okay.

Here's some friendly advice: Before you quote a scripture with some point you are trying to make, first know the context within which the scripture was used and the reason why it was used.

Just trying to help you out to avoid making erroneous statements like what you just did above.

Here's one way I could use the wrong logic you implied with your use of that verse to trap you. Since Jesus said let him (in the context it could also mean anyone) that is without sin cast the first stone and Jesus did not cast any stone, is that an acknowledgement that Jesus had sin in his life?

You see what I mean comrade. Be careful.

BatQuake 2014-08-31 01:51:47 

In reply to lovethegame

I am amazed that someone who claims to have experienced God's grace, in turn give so little grace himself.

I don't give grace to unprincipled disgraceful moves okay.

Wrong is wrong.

natty_forever 2014-09-01 18:46:51 

In reply to BatQuake

Here's one way I could use the wrong logic you implied with your use of that verse to trap you. Since Jesus said let him (in the context it could also mean anyone) that is without sin cast the first stone and Jesus did not cast any stone, is that an acknowledgement that Jesus had sin in his life?

You see what I mean comrade. Be careful.
... huh? SMH.
So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.”

BatQuake 2014-09-01 19:35:31 

In reply to natty_forever

I'm impressed by your analysis natty. Well done.

I was more going along with the scripture quote as put forward by lovethegame:

lovethegame 8/30/14 9:48:20 PM
In reply to BatQuake

Your scripture reference of John 8:7 is the more accurate one.

powen001 2014-09-01 19:56:36 

In reply to BatQuake

confused

tsk tsk tsk.

please to leave our Lord and Saviour out of your biased stuff BQ.

MUST BE PUNISHED???

be careful what you ask for...same measure comes to mind...that is in the Bible too...

always brimstone n fire with you...surely you more at home with the Taliban policies.

BatQuake 2014-09-01 20:06:56 

In reply to powen001

The above is possible your most confusing post to me to date. Not sure whether I should laugh or cry.

Please de-confuse the confusion you wrote above so that I could understand at least a sentence.

...smh.............

P.S. - Do you have a PhD in the typing of airy fairy confused writings? Just wondering...

Petrus2 2014-09-01 20:13:53 

In reply to BatQuake This for u to think about as profess christian

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

And more importaqntly....to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.
Where is your forgiving spirt?

Drapsey 2014-09-01 21:52:27 

In reply to Petrus2

BatQuake would be like Donald Trump on The Apprentice: "You're Fired!".

Hopefully he is not in, and will never be in, a position of authority.

BatQuake 2014-09-01 22:47:41 

In reply to Petrus2

This for u to think about as profess christian

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

And more importaqntly....to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.
Where is your forgiving spirt?

I mean really now padner, is dis what you are coming up with?

Earlier in this thread, I cautioned the poster lovethegame about the misuse of scripture when it is taken out of context and just look at what you have done.

....smh............

Sir, please stop plucking scriptures out of the Bible and twisting them to push erroneous ideas.

And you asked where is my forgiving spirit? Okay, I forgive you for judging me despite you claiming OF YOUR OWN ACCORD that we ought not to judge.

Scar 2014-09-02 02:22:53 

If every team had to schedule Tests when it doesnt collide with the IPL etc we may not have many Tests. Each country has their mother nature unplayable season. Last tjme WI tried that rain affected almost all the matches deep into the rainy/hurricane season, if I recall correctly.
Also why ban players who it seems are not committed to Tests by volunteerily banning themselves? I am concerned about Russell though as with proper mentoring he could be something special with both bat and ball.

imusic 2014-09-02 03:07:34 

In reply to Scar

Please define your interpretation of "proper mentoring"

natty_forever 2014-09-02 15:02:08 

In reply to BatQuake... a guess you don't use it out of context ... just the wrong context.

big grin

Scar 2014-09-02 15:04:38 

In reply to imusic

Russell needs a FC cricketer preferably an all rounder to volunteer to guide/assist him in reaching his true potential. I know this is not normally done in WI circles but he is a special talent that can be nurtured to success. He has all the shots as a batsman, a genuine hookshot which our current bats dont have, beautiful offside shots from longoff to 3rd man. Alas he has been pigeonholed into bash cricket when I think he can be a genuine #6 batsman.

A Sobers ir more recent allrounder maybe a Collis King should take him under their wing