The Chuckers Getting Called Out

Ridge 2014-09-27 14:19:25 

Almost every day now.
Hafeez on the list with another South
African.
Now Devon Smith will say he was pelted
down by Hafeez all those times lol

BeatDball 2014-09-27 14:22:31 

In reply to Ridge Now, will all those board members, retract those cussing he got? Im trying to remember if i wuz ever on that donkey cart?!!!!

BatQuake 2014-09-27 15:18:47 

In reply to Ridge

They calling everybody except...........

I wonder why since his action is worse than some other bowlers who were reported recently.

db 2014-09-27 15:50:44 

In reply to BatQuake

They calling everybody except...........
Selectors better keep him away from tests, unless he'll be one of 2 spinners. I question whether his action can remain legal for 20 to 30 pvers in a day. They'll need him for the world cup, so no test

pufftrini 2014-09-27 15:52:32 

In reply to db

take your balls from Quakie mouth and call de name

Verstehen 2014-09-27 20:26:48 

They're going to go after Narine next, I think.

And guys like Shillingford will continue to have a problem.

Real-cricket 2014-09-27 20:43:24 

interesting

djdrastic 2014-09-27 21:26:31 

Subrayen definitely throws it.Sucks because he's been our best spin prospect in donkeys years sad

Btw didn't some of you geniuses on here say there is no agenda by the ICC to get illegal actions out of the game ? Think some real genius said it was only because of one umpire ?Let met go dig out the archives and shame this dunce ...

Norm 2014-09-28 01:32:35 

Narine will never be on the chuckers' list. We will see.

hotarobin 2014-09-28 03:11:19 

I think the safest spinner will be Benn...

BatQuake 2014-09-28 04:45:40 

In reply to Norm

Why do you think so?

SpudsMcKenzie 2014-09-28 05:56:20 

In reply to BatQuake

I was looking at Benn recently. i was surprised he looks like he's pelting too.

@RMc@

Norm 2014-09-28 06:00:53 

In reply to BatQuake

Why do you think so?

He does not have to pelt to get wickets.

hubert 2014-09-28 07:06:12 

In reply to Ridge

This has taken waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo LONG

granite 2014-09-28 07:56:37 

Narine does not bowl a"doosra",he bowls a ball that moves away from the right handed batsman.Some commentators describe it as a leg-cutter,he therefore does not have to resort to bending his arm at the moment of delivery.Take a look at Ajmal,Murali,Shillingford,Senananyke,Saqlan and Hafeez,there may be others,but we will soon hear about them;those bowlers i mention were blatant pelters,Narine's arm looks the same when he bowls the off-break,as it does when he bowls the leg cutter,not a bloody doosra.
I forgot to mention Ashwin,he doesn't look too bad,but we'll soon find out,Narine safe like a bank.

BatQuake 2014-09-28 09:02:49 

In reply to granite

I forgot to mention Ashwin,he doesn't look too bad,but we'll soon find out,Narine safe like a bank.

Safe like a bank? Since when are banks safe?

Banks have safety........deposit boxes. But banks being safe? Ummmmmmmm...........

BatQuake 2014-09-28 09:03:37 

In reply to Norm

He does not have to pelt to get wickets.

Listen here, quite a number of the bowlers who have been reported recently have action which are not as 'bad' as his own.

It seems like now if your elbow has even a slight kink when bowling, you will be reported. But then, how comes ..... has not been reported in this new wave of reporting.

Have any Indian bowlers been reportedly recently? Is it also possible that if the BCCI likes you, then you may be somehow ignored even if your action is worse than others who have been reported?

Norm 2014-09-28 09:23:27 

In reply to BatQuake

how comes ..... has not been reported in this new wave of reporting.

No need to feign modesty here. We all know you mean "Narine", just as we all know that your gripe with Narine is really to make a case of Shilly being singled out unfairly.

Long story short - time will tell if Narine is being "protected by the BCCI", as you imply.

Even if he is, perchance, that would not change the history of Shilly's bowling one iota.

I suppose there is some kind of sadistic pleasure in the "crab in barrel" mentality that seeks comfort in universal failure.

Let's just hope that those that allowed Shilly to live in false hope do not similarly mislead others.

granite 2014-09-28 09:24:15 

In reply to BatQuake

Yea,I have to agree,"safe like a bank",not safe these days,but yuh get my meaning.

BatQuake 2014-09-28 09:27:37 

In reply to Norm

.....just as we all know that your gripe with Narine is really to make a case of Shilly being singled out unfairly.

Not really. My issue is that the one you have mentioned (not Shilly...the other person) appears to have a worse action than a number of bowlers who were reported recently.

Let's be true to what our eyes see. Al-Amin, Utseya, Hafeez and some of the others have actions which are no worse than........

So how comes ...... has not been reported in this recent wave of reportings?

BatQuake 2014-09-28 09:28:28 

In reply to granite

Yea,I have to agree,"safe like a bank",not safe these days,but yuh get my meaning.

lol lol..........so you mean is only a matter of time before..........?

Norm 2014-09-28 09:38:20 

In reply to BatQuake

So how comes ...... has not been reported in this recent wave of reportings?

Great observation. Now, a little thinking would produce the answer.

Narine does not need to pelt!

Now, so as not to go around in circles, let me point out something. I never said Narine never pelts.

Shilly, on the other hand, is quite ordinary without pelting.

BatQuake 2014-09-28 09:55:44 

In reply to Norm

Narine does not need to pelt!

Aye Norm, take a look at this especially the slow motion replays and then get back to me.

Norm 2014-09-28 10:01:18 

In reply to BatQuake

I will have Spuds give you English lessons.

I did not say he never pelts. I said he does not need to.

BatQuake 2014-09-28 10:10:12 

In reply to Norm

The same can be said of other bowlers who were reported recently.

grugru 2014-09-28 10:19:36 

In reply to BatQuake

was Shillingford unfairly called for throwing?
Is Narine unfairly not being called for throwing?

BatQuake 2014-09-28 10:24:04 

In reply to grugru

was Shillingford unfairly called for throwing?
Is Narine unfairly not being called for throwing?

My position on these matters are well known here. And you know them.

Norm 2014-09-28 10:24:10 

In reply to BatQuake

The same can be said of other bowlers who were reported recently.

No, the same cannot. Ajmal, Seneya (SL player), Shilly and others who bowl the doosra by rolling the wrists obviously failed the 15-degree rule when tested.

The right-arm finger flickers like Narine and Mendis do not need to bend the elbow to produce the leg break. The same goes for traditional wrist spinners.

Narine seems to break the rule sometimes (to me, at least) when he bowls the faster delivery or the really big off-break.

He would probably be slightly less effective without his faster ball, but his main weapon, the flicked leg-break, would still be available.

BatQuake 2014-09-28 10:25:29 

In reply to Norm

Wait nuh.....so what you really trying to say? That Narine is the only spinner in the world who can be lethal without pelting?

Norm 2014-09-28 10:35:32 

In reply to BatQuake

That Narine is the only spinner in the world who can be lethal without pelting?

Absolutely not. Graeme Swann did a great job by working out batsmen, for example. He got Shiv (of all people!) out several times by bowling a specific line to him, about middle and leg.

Herath, the SL left-arm spinner, does a great job at drifting and looping the ball. So too does Jadeja(?). Benn's very high trajectory could be a problem for many batsmen.

Ridge 2014-09-28 10:43:36 

If Hafeez is called for chucking, sure
he Narine must be on the hit list soon cry

granite 2014-09-29 04:26:31 

In reply to BatQuake
When I first looked at this when the match was played,I thought Narine pelted every ball,but when I see it in slow motion it dose not look too bad,in fact it appears that his shoulder action is producing the extra pace,he definitely doesn't look past the 15 degrees.
The other bowlers mentioned,show a bent arm past the 15 degrees in normal speed,you don't need to slow it to see it.

Ridge 2014-09-29 16:53:57 

I said it a few days ago and here
we go another called for illegal mango picking. lol

WestDem 2014-09-29 17:01:51 

In reply to Norm

Narine seems to break the rule sometimes (to me, at least) when he bowls the faster delivery or the really big off-break.

The charge was laid by on-field umpires Anil Chaudhary and Chettihody Shamshuddin along with third umpire Kumar Dharmasena and specifically relates to Narine's quicker ball.

Like yuh call de umpires after this post? lol lol lol

Ridge 2014-09-29 17:06:43 

Off break bowlers better take up a new trade.
No career in cricket for you guys now.
The legal bowlers will struggle to get people
out.

Commie 2014-09-29 17:07:44 

Murali laughs....and says...records never to be broken.

Ridge 2014-09-29 17:11:38 

In reply to Commie
This is a real travesty of justice
when the likes of Murali got away
with trickery for 20 years.
The cricket police all need to be fired

rolleyes