The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

This Was Coming

Norm 2014-10-18 21:11:53 

Cameron and his predecessor handled the Guyana Cricket Board crisis exactly the same way they handled the players crisis.

First of all, you side with the party that supports the WICB interests, regardless of the interests of regional cricket, or the legitimacy of said party.

Then you stick stubbornly with said party, regardless of the manner in which things unfold. It's ok to hurt the interests of real cricketers along the way.

Enjoy West Indies cricket while it lasts.

camos 2014-10-18 21:23:15 

In reply to Norm

well said was thinking about the Guyana crisis and the situation in Leeward were people claim the election was improper.

POINT 2014-10-18 21:50:01 

In reply to Norm

You are absolutely right ; and I agree with you .

Norm 2014-10-18 22:32:35 

In reply to POINT
Thanks, POINT.

I also agree with you - that the WICB will try to blame the players, except that you did not take that to the next step.

The next step is: divide and conquer. The WICB will attempt to get some of the players to distance themselves from the strikers, claiming that their apparent participation was against their will.

The BCCI will be forced to suspend relations with the WICB, which will then try to ban players. Being such a weak team as it is, they will try to minimize the banning by dividing.

Watch WI players retire en masse from international cricket, as WI cricket move to dead last in everything. Despite this, the WICB will not want to give up control of regional cricket - like the GCB.

Hendra 2014-10-18 23:09:50 

[b]In reply to Norm[/b\
So you support the action of the players to refuse to play and blame the Board for not siding with the players against their Union.

All the players had to do was complete the tour and thereafter, change their executive if, if, they had the majority on their side.

Other players have problems/ pay disputes with their Boards but they dont go on strike. THe dispute was not even with WICB but these guys at the bottom rungs of intl cricket had to go on strike.

Its time u guys stop supporting nonsense from the players. You may well be one of the players, who knows.

Tt bugs me that with some people, the Board is ALWAYS wrong!!!

jen 2014-10-18 23:24:58 

In reply to Norm

naw man, nobody naw retire, fact is, many of them can't find ah wuk home that comes anywhere close to matching a west indies match income, whether cut in half or not, especially the ones who don't have no ipl contract.

#2, BCCI owe WICB with that big 3 plan, which may help save them to an extent. Indians love west indians too, them might get some sympathy there to lol

Pacy 2014-10-19 00:46:27 

In reply to Hendra

Tt bugs me that with some people, the Board is ALWAYS wrong!!!

WICB had clearly stated that they did not have time to run through the MOU with the players... And anyone would be able to understand their grievance since the salary was reduced by more than 50%...

While Player sacrifice is an option the other easier option is for the board to simply say "We will continue with the old pay structure for this series and discuss the issues at the end of the series". Why is that not an option Hendra?

Pacy 2014-10-19 00:47:30 

In reply to jen

Jen, Do you think slashing salaries by more than half is a good management decision?

Norm 2014-10-19 06:48:05 

In reply to Hendra

So you support the action of the players to refuse to play

Absolutely.
and blame the Board for not siding with the players against their Union.

The WIPA is irrelevant to the tour. The WI players on tour are the responsibility of the WICB, which is the party that contracted (probably implied) with the BCCI.
All the players had to do was complete the tour and thereafter, change their executive if, if, they had the majority on their side.

In other words, accept the pay cut and hope for the best, right? I think Bravo and company made it clear how they felt about that.
THe dispute was not even with WICB

Wow! The players withdrew from a tour to India because they didn't like their union rep ...! "Pay cut" was really an excuse to settle personal grudges with the union rep ...!
Its time u guys stop supporting nonsense from the players.

Protesting pay cuts, "more than 75% in some cases" = "nonsense". Players, after all, are just donkeys that need to be quiet.
It bugs me that with some people, the Board is ALWAYS wrong!!!

It amazes me that with some people, the players are NEVER right!!!

BTW, how big a pay cut did Cameron and other WICB officials take, for the same reason for which the players' salary was cut?

Chrissy 2014-10-19 08:57:10 

In reply to Norm

Tell them Norm.

Chrissy 2014-10-22 15:49:31 

In reply to Norm

Ding ding we have a winner - divide and rule.

FullToss 2014-10-22 16:53:28 

In reply to Hendra

THe dispute was not even with WICB but these guys at the bottom rungs of intl cricket had to go on strike.

WRONG. The dispute is with the WICB and sellout WIPA.

Who are the players contracted to? ..... WICB

Who signs the players' checks? ..... WICB

So if there is a problem with their pay it ultimately rests with the WICB to rectify the situation.

POINT 2014-10-22 17:06:21 

In reply to Norm

I agree with you , but as I have stated elsewhere in this Forum , The WICB is sorely in need of Supervision . My take is that if the ICC that is always bleating about Governments not intervening in Cricket , does nothing to supervise the WICB ; then the only resort left is Governments taking
action .

WE have had enough of the crass incompetence of the WICB , a entity that MUST be restructured from top to bottom .
to state that the ICC cannot talk to the Idiots in the WICB is no freaking excuse .

As I have stated before if the ICC & the
WICB are so big & powerful , why didn't they file an amicus brief with the GCB , and sit with it in the Court ??

nick2020 2014-10-22 21:43:20 

In reply to FullToss

"So if there is a problem with their pay it ultimately rests with the WICB to rectify the situation."

Explain to us the role of WIPA?

np 2014-10-22 22:01:15 

In reply to Norm

Well said Norm ... hendra has to be one of dem WICB peeps ... to hold those positions of his -- Darn! big grin big grin big grin

A very anti-worker, pro-plantation stance here!!!