The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The ICC

Commie 2014-10-22 16:44:00 

Are not concerned about the WICB other than their ability to control their players.

A Board which cannot control its resources, whose rights are being sold as part of a global package, is a risk to the monetising of the game.

Members get nervous as well about other player unions getting ideas that could harm their control.

The ICC like FIFA and IOC have no interest in engaging risk.

POINT 2014-10-22 16:57:29 

In reply to Commie

The point I am making is that the image of the ICC whether it is interested or not gets tarnished .

Imagine a simple little thing like insuring that the Regional Cricket Boards are Incorporated escaped the WICB . HELL IS IS FREAKING SMALL STUFF .

My take is that if the ICC cannot or refuses to address the Incompetence and failure to address the issue of good governance by the WICB . THEN GOVERNMENTS
HAVE A RIGHT TO BE INVOLVED IN CRICKET .

In essence , the WICB & the ICC MUST STOP
BLEATING ABOUT GOVERNMENTS INTERFERENCE ,
When the WICB as it is always prone to do , fails the test of being a good Steward of West Indies Cricket .

Commie 2014-10-22 17:26:56 

In reply to POINT

In essence , the WICB & the ICC MUST STOP
BLEATING ABOUT GOVERNMENTS INTERFERENCE ,

That wont stop.

The ICC is a venture dominated by making money. Not in some good governance exercise from some workers rights manual.

Now that it is run by India, its taking that money making zeal into overdrive.

Indian players dont mess with the BCCI. They get banished into the stone age. Noone worldwide cares.

When the RCB owner couldnt pay his airline employees, the players didnt go, lets all band together for workers right. The Kingfisher employees pleaded with Gayle and other stars to lobby on their behalf.

Fellas took their coin and moved on.

That my friend is professional sport.