Commie 2014-10-22 19:01:57 

In reply to Misologist

Marlon is not wipa and is a free agent.

Simple.

century 2014-10-22 19:06:22 

Sing Marlon, sing for you supper big grin

FanAttick 2014-10-22 19:10:06 

In reply to Misologist

Kudos to Helegance. Let your Mothertrucking bat do the talking.

West Indies captain material right there .

This proves that Bravo lied when he sent email "on behalf of the West Indies team"

JOJO 2014-10-22 19:16:33 

In reply to century

Sing Marlon, sing for you supper

Marlon is simply doing what Bravo, Sammy, Shiv and all the others do---he is looking after his own interests. That's all. His interests do not align to that of Bravo. So what?

Misologist 2014-10-22 19:18:20 

In reply to FanAttick

To me it simply sounds like Marlon is not looking forward to another ban from cricket. I like Marlon but it really sounds like he is simply trying to avoid any punishment (which makes a bit of sense since he already spent 2 years in the wilderness).

By the way, given his previous experiences in India maybe it's a good thing Marlon doesn't go outside or answer any summons to "meetings". Just stay inside the hotel room and focus on cricket.

FanAttick 2014-10-22 19:19:29 

In reply to Misologist

Don't hold your breath waiting on Admin's " Samuels speaks" thread lol lol

silver 2014-10-22 19:26:52 

In reply to Misologist

Don't forget Samuels was banned for two years and he's always the one getting drop after a bad series

sunfish 2014-10-22 19:37:54 

The cracks amongst the players have started, like I predicted in a recent thread.

imusic 2014-10-22 19:51:05 

In reply to sunfish

With him in the squad, there will always be a crackhead

BatQuake 2014-10-22 19:54:37 

In reply to Misologist

I suspected Marlon was not one who sided with the strike. A certain photo on Cricinfo of the team during the coin toss of the last ODI put that suspicion in my head.

BatQuake 2014-10-22 19:56:46 

In reply to FanAttick

Kudos to Samuels indeed. It does appear to me that Samuels is a fella who excels when adversity is around and is also one who will not just side with the team in doing its antics.

Hence it causes me to wonder if certain in the members in the team are not to fond of him.

Chrissy 2014-10-22 19:58:51 

Dear Marlon

KYS!!

Dat is all

OneUp 2014-10-22 19:59:48 

Why the hate

OneUp 2014-10-22 20:00:46 

Roach and Holder next

Commie 2014-10-22 20:06:09 

In reply to FanAttick

Unfortunately for the player group it only had to take one to invalidate consensus.

I am not surprised because Marlon is actually ahead of the game in being a proper free agent and holding all of his own image rights.

imusic 2014-10-22 20:06:34 

In reply to OneUp

THIS ROACH?

Commie 2014-10-22 20:06:55 

Ryan...

Dinas give you an answer fuh Marlon yet?

Marlon like to run out Trinis yes...

OneUp 2014-10-22 20:10:44 

Unionization is the worst thing to happen to WI cricket; unions destroy the middle class in America

imusic 2014-10-22 20:21:46 

In reply to OneUp

It's the paradox of our times.

Unions are evil.

YET

EVERYONE....and I do mean EVERYONE....benefits from the unions existence.....including those that aren't part of the union.

Employers pay the wages that they do not because they're benevolent...but because of market forces

And what largely dictates those market forces? The unions.

Headley 2014-10-22 20:29:29 

In reply to sunfish

The cracks amongst the players have started, like I predicted in a recent thread.

But you could not predict it in a recent thread when Marlon exited WIPA years ago.

unitsypher 2014-10-22 20:29:44 

In reply to BatQuake

Kudos to Samuels indeed. It does appear to me that Samuels is a fella who excels when adversity is around and is also one who will not just side with the team in doing its antics.

Hence it causes me to wonder if certain in the members in the team are not to fond of him.
That is a correct assumption I think. If you think back to the fact when Sammy was captain and all the other players were clearly not behind him Samuels never seemed to care and the coach Gibson always sang Marlon's praises.

Not saying he necessarily makes good or bad decisions but it seems he generally does his own thing and not side with anyone for the sake of it.

This whole thing is a farce though, couldn't believe they actually abandoned the tour. I know they had issues but clearly abandoning the tour should never have been an option!

Admin 2014-10-22 20:30:13 

If Marlon didn't back it, it's his right to say so. He is not a member of WIPA ever since they banned him over the match fixing allegations. In the grand scheme, this means nothing. He can't vote to keep Wavell.

_ryan

ProWI 2014-10-22 20:32:47 

Marlon, now the fly in the player's oinment

Comrade Samuels has withdrawn his solidarity from the players and seems keen to attach his sails to Big Dawg Dave and Lil Poodle Wavell.

imusic 2014-10-22 20:34:55 

In reply to ProWI

Comrade Samuels has withdrawn his solidarity from the players

When did he ever have solidarity with the players?

spider 2014-10-22 20:35:27 

In reply to Admin

Will the regional players vote to keep Wavell?

CricketLuva4 2014-10-22 20:35:34 

In reply to Misologist

Of course he didn't back it, he was scoring runs... lol lol

Nemesis 2014-10-22 20:35:45 

In reply to unitsypher

Abandoning tour should never have been an option

Its as simple as that for me....not only that they made sure their IPL contracts were fine before the abandonment.

jacksprat 2014-10-22 20:36:16 

In reply to Admin

In the grand scheme, this means nothing. He can't vote to keep Wavell.

And why would you think Marlon entertains any interest in wanting to vote to keep Wavell?

Don't let the passport fool you!!!

FuzzyWuzzy 2014-10-22 20:38:29 

In reply to imusic

He had it when he ran out Lara

nick2020 2014-10-22 20:43:57 

In reply to imusic

Unions are an archaic structure. With the right labour laws in place and an arbitration process I fail to see the point of them.

Commie 2014-10-22 20:48:15 

In reply to Admin

If Marlon didn't back it, it's his right to say so. He is not a member of WIPA ever since they banned him over the match fixing allegations. In the grand scheme, this means nothing. He can't vote to keep Wavell.

Dinas speaks !

through ryan big grin big grin

Man...I cracking up.

Admin 2014-10-22 20:57:13 

In reply to Commie

That's eye pass on so many levels. But I'll let it slide.

_ryan

Commie 2014-10-22 21:02:26 

In reply to Admin

good on marlon.

Free agent and JAMAICA to the WORLLLL.

Whats the saying again....1 from 15 leaves zero.

sunfish 2014-10-22 21:05:10 

Marlon, I applaud you for not following the others like sheep.

imusic 2014-10-22 21:13:32 

In reply to nick2020

Unions are an archaic structure. With the right labour laws in place and an arbitration process I fail to see the point of them.

We disagree.

Unions came into being to protect against unfair management practices

Left to so called "market forces" without at least the THREAT of a Union, management WILL pillage and plunder their workers. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Study the Union models in Scandinavian countries, Germany etc. Management and Union are by and large, a partnership. It's not what you typically see practiced in North America and the Caribbean.

At the end of the day, Unions help to stabilize society, not undermine them. At it's core, it is the equalizer between management and worker.

Commie 2014-10-22 21:18:54 

In reply to imusic

Unions have their place in certain scenarios and especially are useful for working class workers especially in large industries where the inclination to pay low wages and churn human resource is great.

Dont know about scandinavia or germany but...

In NY and NJ in the Outdoor ad industry and construction it is a mafia magnet and you get extorted like hell.

In fact the biggest shock I had was being exposed to the differences in pricing for doing stuff in NJ.

That isht is scary.

Commie 2014-10-22 21:20:31 

Btw...I can guarantee you all that Dinas is NOT Marlons agent. big grin

Admin 2014-10-22 21:29:49 

In reply to Commie

Whatever happened to Arliss Pinnock?

Commie 2014-10-22 21:37:27 

In reply to Admin

No idea.

summergon 2014-10-22 21:52:59 

The players need a real union to represent them. They need professional negotiators who are skilled; experienced and understand the business of running a professional sports business. Cricket is big business. WIPA is an association run by past cricketers many of whom never had any labour relations training or experience. WIPA as a player representative is a disaster.

TheTrail 2014-10-22 21:53:42 

In reply to Commie

I expect Marlon to go in a. different direction whenever Bravo is in a leadership role.

Who here remembered that rumble in the dressing room? Had not for Dwayne Smith Marlon would have beat the living shyte out of Bravo.

Most of those titties got lots of mouth anyway...
lol

Sent from my iPad

nick2020 2014-10-22 21:55:04 

In reply to imusic

Saying Unions balance the force is laughable.

Unionized workers pay dues and expect representation. How can someone be truly impartial with that arrangement off the bat?

Hogwash.

A bunch of people are pooling money together in case one or more of them need representation where individually we could not afford it. Mix in the addition leverage of people who ordinarily wouldn't care for you joining in solidarity (striking) and presto that is a union.

Well written Labour Laws have no conflict of interest. Employers, Employees, and Unions do.

hubert 2014-10-22 21:56:49 

In reply to imusic

Marlon left WIPA a long time ago. But all non members benefit from WIPA's bargaining as tht is the yardstick that determines other's benefits as well.
At least that how it works in principle.They do things differently in (Denmark) West Indies smile

It would be more instructive to hear from a dissenting WIPA member who was paert of the ODI squad.

Superfly 2014-10-22 22:17:20 

I'll hazard a guess that the likeliest fault-line will be between those with T20 contracts with overseas leagues and the others without.

Runs 2014-10-22 22:24:15 

In reply to summergon

Yep

spider 2014-10-22 22:34:46 

In reply to hubert

All of them are dissenting WIPA members. isn't that the crux of the problem?

Jabari18 2014-10-22 22:37:15 

In reply to nick2020

Who has these so called well written labour laws for us to examine its effectiveness/relevance?

carl0002 2014-10-22 22:42:30 

1 down 14 to go, and they not even in court yet.....
lol lol lol lol

che 2014-10-22 23:18:38 

Samuels: I did not support abandoning Indian tour

Fuss intelligent lines in dis really awfully bad B movie...

lol lol lol

ponderiver 2014-10-22 23:31:37 

For the record, Samuels never seh he support WIPA or the Board . He seh he never support abandoning the tour.

Nain wrong with that

Samuels is his own man,that has been apparent for quite some time.

He is the most maligned of all the players, yet he appears to be mentally tougher than all of them put together.

imusic 2014-10-22 23:59:49 

In reply to ponderiver

He is the most maligned of all the players, yet he appears to be mentally tougher than all of them put together.

You basing that appearance on what exactly?

ponderiver 2014-10-23 00:06:10 

In reply to imusic

the t20 final, the current brouhaha , his début in Australia.

His comeback from injury, the Lara runout and finally the ban.

not forgetting his public support for gayle at Sabina Park during the dottie wars

he seems to up his game in the face of adversity.

Controversy 2014-10-23 00:49:59 

In reply to ponderiver

always been a fan of marlon prior to the run out of the Prince...

hes a good batsman but should stay away from the mic and get his facts straight...

imusic 2014-10-23 01:06:51 

In reply to ponderiver

he seems to up his game in the face of adversity.

I seem to remember him shitting his pants after finding out that he was caught spot fixing and he was going to be banned.

He was coming off his best year ever and as soon as he got that news, he started "stepping up" to single digit scores

Then of course after getting poleaxed by Malinga, he "stepped up" to so many single digit scores that he had to be dropped.

That's just 2 examples. There's more. Outside of one domestic season, ask Jamaica if you think I lie

JahJah 2014-10-23 01:11:28 

In reply to imusic

With him in the squad, there will always be a crackhead

I think you mean cracked head. Is nuh him duss out Bravo in the dressing room? Oh sorry, that should have read: "With him in the squad alongside DJ Bravo,..."

JahJah 2014-10-23 01:19:12 

In reply to imusic

When Pollard got hit in his face what happened? He stepped up right? That's why he now averages over 30? Or does he usually just shit his pants on the field?

Maybe Marlon should do Barath and keep stepping up in that manner. Or maybe he should cry like a likkle bitch and run home to mommy when team mates bowl hot pepper at him in the nets.

imusic 2014-10-23 01:35:54 

In reply to JahJah

And how has Pollard or Barath come into this?

Typical

However, if you want to chat bout running ...you have the perfect example in Wavell.

And if you really want to talk bout crying like a little bitch....on the field of play no less...look no further than Robert Samuels

ponderiver 2014-10-23 02:12:13 

In reply to JahJah

Booom !!! big grin big grin big grin big grin

poor musi walked right into that one cool

Walco 2014-10-23 02:13:24 

In reply to Commie

Whats the saying again....1 from 15 leaves zero.

smile A 75% pay cut followed by a strike equals a 100% cut.

Or from another perspective, refusal to meet with the players over a US$2 million pay cut and calling off a series, which results in a potential liability that's greater than $2 million by several orders of magnitude and suspension of bilateral tours with India, equals bankruptcy, insanity and incompetence of the highest order.

Not even another team bonding expedition to Disney can fix this shite.

Halliwell 2014-10-23 02:23:06 

In reply to ponderiver

Hold on

Bravo at the toss in the final game said all the guys on the field were behind him in unified action

Was Marlon in that group THEN?

JahJah 2014-10-23 03:05:01 

In reply to imusic

However, if you want to chat bout running ...you have the perfect example in Wavell.

Wavell (and Sylvester) ran from 3 hulking Samoans. Lara ran from Frankie, hiding behind some slightly built mulatto dude begging for help.

Oh yeah - Marlon Black ran as well, but being a slow-poke they caught up with his nosey rass and gave him what he was looking for - a good seeing to. Too bad for him his legs weren't as fast as his deliveries!

And if you really want to talk bout crying like a little bitch....on the field of play no less...look no further than Robert Samuels

Ironic that it was another bitch that comforted him. The bitch that spat his pacifier out when he wasn't handed the captaincy. I'm glad I'm made of sterner stuff!

And you speaking of typical? Your silly responses to someone saying Marlon stood up in the face of adversity is very typical of you indeed. If you cannot see that Marlon Samuels, however idiotic or skuntish a person he is, displayed great character to come back from that shows how blinded and badminded you are.

PS: Pollard came in it cause he too got hit in the face, and didn't do shit after. In fact, he didn't do shit before either. So you right.

FanAttick 2014-10-23 04:16:22 

In reply to JahJah

That is why Titties cannot be trusted unless they are on some broad....Samuels is now the villain..they railroaded Gayle out of the West Indies captaincy because he said he wouldnt be so sad if Test cricket died...they said that he disqualified himself ...but they circled the wagon around "talk nah" Ramdin who displayed the most uncouth behavior imaginable against the greatest batsman in the history of West Indies cricket...

now Bravo (who is at best a bits and pieces player) singlehandedly destroyed West Indies cricket and he is a saint while Helegance(who has the guts to be independent) is a sinner...

facting disgusting pieces of human excrement these Titties are.... lol lol

hubert 2014-10-23 08:11:48 

In reply to spider

All of them

Who is the all and who is the dem. Name them

NineMiles 2014-10-23 08:19:20 

In reply to Commie

Marlon looking after #1 and with an eye on the cappoship...

Larr Pullo 2014-10-23 08:20:19 

In reply to NineMiles

Like his stint with the Hawksbills? lol lol lol

NineMiles 2014-10-23 08:21:43 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Yep, and we know how that went lol