The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Samuels in talks for SA tour

CaribbeanCricket.com 2014-10-29 09:20:18 

Marlon Samuels is the only player from the ill-fated tour of India whom the West Indies selectors are likely to pick for the upcoming tour to South Africa in December. The West Indies are due to play three Tests, five limited overs internationals and three T20 matches. Sources told the Guardian that the selectors have already contacted several players about the possibility of being part of the team, and only Samuels of the 15-member squad which abandoned the tour in India, has been contacted.

Full Story

WestDem 2014-10-29 09:37:00 

According to the player: “These men sent flight information at 1 am on Saturday for a flight to Jamaica which was carded for 8 am. When men showed up for the flight the plane broke down, so we could not get over there for the meeting. “We asked that the officials from both sides converse with us via skype and they refused saying that there was no Internet coverage at the Pegasus.” The player continued saying:

Why is it so hard for the player that said the above not give his name? Its about time they get ballz and put their darn name to anything that they say to the media about this ongoing crisis!

jacksprat 2014-10-29 09:37:56 

The WICB is a joke of an organization!

How far will they take their quest for victimization and exacting their pound of flesh from the aggrieved players who had the temerity to want to secure their rights?

....Tino Best, Johnson Charles, Devon Smith, Kraigg Nkrumah Bonner.......Devon Thomas.....

So some of these players who were deemed not good enough to make the A team-or outright failures- or the senior team are now being eyed for spots in the 15-man squad to SA!

Oh well!!

Wally-1 2014-10-29 09:40:06 

In reply to jacksprat
this move is a very smart one, the board is not excluding anyone as of yet, contingency is what it is.

WestDem 2014-10-29 09:43:07 

In reply to jacksprat

So some of these players who were deemed not good enough to make the A team-or outright failures- or the senior team are now being eyed for spots in the 15-man squad to SA!

That in itself smells badmindedness!!! I bet you the Saffie tour will be cancelled...Saffie probably reaching out to Zim to replace WI!

jacksprat 2014-10-29 09:45:09 

In reply to Wally-1

Sorry, It is about credibility!

Divide & Rule!

I can't see SA wasting time on a group of greenhorns, has-beens and never-weres!

The WICB 'contingency' is to have a core group of players that was just trounced by SL-A parading as its standard bearers?

Joke business dat!

Stilbatn 2014-10-29 09:58:43 

In reply to jacksprat

Serious business that -if true

Nemesis 2014-10-29 10:13:25 

I will support the new team wholeheartedly and so should everyone.

Arawak 2014-10-29 10:23:37 

In reply to jacksprat

The WICB is a joke of an organization!

True, but this is representative of the region, including the players who bailed on their employer to spite their own union, and the mindless cretins who supported them in this.

Bravo and company should be banned from all WICB activites for a period of time, and a different set of mediocrities selected for licks in South Africa.

Arawak

camos 2014-10-29 10:28:01 

In reply to Arawak

bro! you give a man a job without a contract and then tell him you not talking to him?

Arawak 2014-10-29 10:31:30 

In reply to camos

Stop lying. Tell the whole story.

spider 2014-10-29 10:33:11 

In reply to camos

What if the person you chose to represent you, the person you insisted to your employer that he should negotiate with, worked out an agreement with your employer. And not that it is right but I'm sure this is not the first time they toured without having a contract in hand.

jacksprat 2014-10-29 10:33:37 

However well paid, the West Indies players are still workers and I will always support the workers' right to withhold their services.

Whatever little gains that we have attained as a people were forged on the agitation of the workers-whether enslaved labor or trade unionism-so my sympathies will always be with the players despite how misguided some of the moves tend to be!!!

FuzzyWuzzy 2014-10-29 10:34:34 

In reply to camos

The man didn't have to accept it

FuzzyWuzzy 2014-10-29 10:36:49 

In reply to jacksprat

The sub 35 players are no better

camos 2014-10-29 10:38:30 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

that is exactly what happened!
lol

Commie 2014-10-29 10:39:28 

That whole story is a placed piece.

Pretty shallow and obvious.

Arawak 2014-10-29 10:41:17 

In reply to jacksprat

Your ideology is tired and outdated, and not applicable here.

FuzzyWuzzy 2014-10-29 10:44:33 

In reply to Arawak

...particularly now the so called oppressed and the oppressors are "brothers"

camos 2014-10-29 10:46:05 

In reply to spider

And not that it is right but I'm sure this is not the first time they toured without having a contract in hand.

does that makes the custom acceptable?

Cleg 2014-10-29 10:50:58 

In reply to jacksprat

the West Indies players are still workers and I will always support the workers' right to withhold their services.

Thank you!!!

jacksprat 2014-10-29 10:50:58 

What is outdated & tired is the crass plantation mentality that thinks that the lowly players should know their place and do as they are told..or else!

Thankfully, giants like Michael Manley, Errol Barrow etc were on the side of protecting workers' rights so this haughty, first instinct to fire those who wish to secure their rights will not happen without a fight!!

Slowly the players are asserting their rights and agitating for their worth!!!

MASSA DAY DONE!!!

anandgb 2014-10-29 10:51:51 

In reply to Arawak

True, but this is representative of the region, including the players who bailed on their employer to spite their own union, and the mindless cretins who supported them in this.

Bravo and company should be banned from all WICB activites for a period of time, and a different set of mediocrities selected for licks in South Africa.

I agree, while I think the WICB and WIPA are just as culpable, these players should have had better sense tan to down tools.

I hope the Non IPLers are feeling very stupid now that Bravo & company will be collecting 20/20 paychecks from around the world.

Baje 2014-10-29 10:57:42 

In reply to jacksprat

However well paid, the West Indies players are still workers and I will always support the workers' right to withhold their services.

And it is the employer's rights not to hire them. Let us say that the WICB is not intending to change the fee structure. Lets say that the players who withheld their services are not willing to work for that "meagre" pay. Why would WICB contract these same workers?

camos 2014-10-29 11:00:11 

In reply to anandgb

WICB was irresponsible, lots of businesses from time to time eat costs they did not intend to bear to facilitate smooth continued operations.

spider 2014-10-29 11:00:28 

In reply to camos

Did you read where I said it wasn't right?

camos 2014-10-29 11:01:39 

In reply to Baje

would you support such a path?

jacksprat 2014-10-29 11:03:29 

In reply to Baje

And it is the employer's rights not to hire them.

That is fine!

Thankfully the players have alternatives so if the WICB wants to cut off its nose to spite its face face let it go right ahead.

However mediocre, the Gayles, Bravos, Taylors, Benns-are our best, most marketable players so let the WICB try that nonsense again like when it sent a third-string team to the Champions Trophy.

It may find itself going the way of Zimbabwe-being banned for a period from all international cricket. Lest you forget the BCCI owns the WICB so it may soon call in chip with that $65 million in punitive damages!!!

When the indignant-the BBCI-is upset with the indigent-the WICB- the latter would be advised to tread carefully!!

FuzzyWuzzy 2014-10-29 11:07:03 

In reply to jacksprat

...marketable to whom? Ipl etc? They are already there and can stay there.

jacksprat 2014-10-29 11:14:10 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Just 3 years ago the autocratic WICB tried to prove that it did not need 'stars'-the likes of Shiv, Gayle, Taylor, Sarwan etc to create their 'star team' of untalented but malleable players.

How did that work out again?

FuzzyWuzzy 2014-10-29 11:16:01 

In reply to jacksprat

We all know the caved to political pressure...but the results have not improve with them back...so doing it again is no issue

Cleg 2014-10-29 11:16:29 

In reply to Baje

And it is the employer's rights not to hire them.

You may think that .....but in the case the WICB...THAT MEANS NOT FIELDING A TEAM AS GOOD AS zim!

Now or in the future.

Baje 2014-10-29 11:17:23 

In reply to camos

would you support such a path?
. The long term competitiveness of our test team, depends on a good professional first class structure, not on the talent and skills of the current lot. So that structure must be given a high priority.
Eventually an employer makes a salary offer, and potential employees can choose to refuse or accept based on their options. If they refuse, then WICB has to decide whether to accept replacements, or make a higher offer.

Arawak 2014-10-29 11:19:35 

In reply to jacksprat

You are so out of touch with reality. They opened your heads up in the 60s and 70s, poured all this racial unionista stuff in, and then sealed it back up. Nothing been in or out since then. Always afros, handshakes, and dashikis.

There was a time and place where this all this stuff made some sense and was needed. In most of the western world, that time is long past. Not saying at all inequalities have been dealt with, but the tools are different. The generation that came after you is more willing to think for ourselves and challenge what we have been told, instead of mindlessly regurgitating it.

And, in some cases, the balance has swung too far the other way. "Workers" with a sense of entitlement are just as fond of bleeding "the man" dry as the "the man" is of bleeding the "workers". Only now the system favours the other side.

Not under any illusions that I will change your mind... that concrete set and cured too long ago. But still it needs saying.

camos 2014-10-29 11:21:19 

In reply to Baje

If they refuse, then WICB has to decide whether to accept replacements, or make a higher offer.

well! we are certainly at that point.

timeless99 2014-10-29 11:26:01 

i think its time the icc intervene cause this is getting ugly as i said before sending an a team to south africa would do more bad than good its best west indies pull out of international cricket for a year to sort things out and in the mean time not issuing no NOC to any westindian player to take part in no foreign domestic cricket

Commie 2014-10-29 11:26:37 

This is going round in circles.

WI players are well paid by intl standards. 5th best paid EVEN when you minus the sponsorship money.

The idea that they represent any average metaphor of Caribbean working life is total bs.

Noone gets increased pay for worse performance.

It is on that same premise that the BCCI / ICC / Big 3 engaged the WICB on. You dont produce revenue, so back me and I will try to help you make more money but you really dont deserve it.

Ironic...both parties are in the same boat.

If the WICB doesnt get paid, most of these players will struggle to get paid in turn. Well except for those who have gone through enough salary cycles and have IPL contracts.

WI has to select those same players, pay them their sponsorship money and send them to SA and then to the WC. They will have all the leverage to change the team after this anyway. WI are not going anywhere on the field. At the same time the players will get their paydays for the tours, IPL and the World Cup.

Nice goodbye money.

They should cancel the pro league. Its a waste of money at this point given it depends on money that is core to the dispute.

The Super 50 can still go ahead because its a ODI WC year and maybe someone outstanding might be able to come into the reserves.

camos 2014-10-29 11:31:39 

In reply to Commie

have any idea how many millions were thrown / given up in India to try save $600,000?

jacksprat 2014-10-29 11:35:34 

In reply to Arawak

You are so out of touch with reality. They opened your heads up in the 60s and 70s, poured all this racial unionista stuff in, and then sealed it back up. Nothing been in or out since then. Always afros, handshakes, and dashikis.

Talk about being out of touch! All that crap you just posted about 'racial' "afros", dashiki etc is apropos of what?

You have not exhausted all the stereotypes because I think you neglected to mention "lazy" and the "spear in the nose" !

What about the equally offensive tact by talking about 'you people'?

Come on, you disappoint me!

Is that your so-called race card that you seek to introduce to derail the discussion?

You seem so defensive and immune to reality that you are willing to revert to same racist, garbage, insulting stereotypes that even the most intransigent cavemen have long abandoned.

It is impossible to even have an intelligent discussion with you with your closed mind because you evidently think the status quo is/was just fine!!

So you don't support unions and the rights of worker? Well I do-unapologetically!!!

The good old days and the way-it used-to-be are not so fondly remembered by most of the people of the Caribbean.

crapaud 2014-10-29 11:36:45 

I don't know enough about the ins and outs to speak authoritatively but standing back it looks odd for the same players that have caused the abandonment of a tour to be picked for the next one. I have no confidence they will last the tour and we can't afford one pull out let alone 2. Is Bravo credible as a captain anymore?

camos 2014-10-29 11:39:38 

In reply to crapaud

so you don't think the parties should iron out the problem before the team leaves for SA?

crapaud 2014-10-29 11:42:19 

In reply to camos

Oh course they should iron out things but a certain amount of trust is gone for me. I still shudder at the embarrassment of near bottom of the table posers making idiots of themselves on tour.

Commie 2014-10-29 11:43:13 

In reply to camos

This isn't just about 600k.

Its about the MOU and a whole heap more money and leverage.

However both parties will ultimately lose.

I just want the mythology to stop.

WI intl players are well paid.

WI fc players are not.

The WICB were wrong, the players were wrong and attaching blame doesn't actually solve things going forward.

Disciple 2014-10-29 11:48:31 

I don’t think it will be an A team if the regular test players who were not in India agree to go to SA. As I posted on positiveg’s thread, a lot hinges on the decision of Gayle, Narine & Roach. The test team could possibly be:

Gayle
Paint
Kuk
Samuels
Shiv
Blackwood/Carter/Fuda
Walton (wk)
Narine/Bishoo/Flingingford
Roach
Edwards
Gabriel/Cotterel/Tino /other useless fast bowler

Cuter 2014-10-29 11:50:52 

my sympathies will always be with the players despite how misguided some of the moves tend to be!!

thats where one has to stop reading and have no further discussion with the person who post this !!

spider 2014-10-29 11:56:09 

In reply to Cuter

Hard to think a sane and sensible person could write that. But for quite a few its just reflex and the merits of each case matters not.

mitch44 2014-10-29 12:06:38 

In reply to jacksprat

I am reminded of the story told to me by a cousin; a Jamaican riding along a country road falls off his bicycle, he gets up and tells a bystander. " Is the bicycle knock mi down."

jacksprat 2014-10-29 12:11:05 

In reply to mitch44

That one went over my head! big grin

Admin 2014-10-29 12:19:43 

In reply to Commie

The WICB were wrong, the players were wrong and attaching blame doesn't actually solve things going forward.

How exactly do you propose we move forward?

_r

Commie 2014-10-29 12:47:22 

In reply to Admin

Said it already.

Cancel the fc season, home and away 4 days (Keep the Super 50 as it is paid for and in one locale). The pro league will just add more debt and will commit the WICB to arguing.

Give the players back their 35k USD until the negotiations on the new MOU is engaged and a decision is made to the contrary.

Select a team for SA and a provisional WC squad

Outside of that WIPA have to commit to having their AGM and the WICB their meeting (which they should agitate to bring forward) to get consensus on who is going to do the negotiation on the MOU for both sides given the lack of trust.

Admin 2014-10-29 13:00:43 

In reply to Commie

Select a team for SA and a provisional WC squad

Are you considering the full-strength team? Or are you referring to a "replacement" team?

_r

PS: Co-sign on everything else.

Commie 2014-10-29 13:04:42 

In reply to Admin

They are all the same strength. Shite.

The regular players should go to SA and the WC. This Board I would have you remember made decisions that ensured they did not transition from those same players. Why axe them now before the SA tour and the WC and put prospects in a position where they can only fail.

Nope.

The entire normal squad should go.

Admin 2014-10-29 13:09:43 

In reply to Commie

The entire normal squad should go.

Okay, then co-sign 100%.

_r

mitch44 2014-10-29 13:10:28 

In reply to Admin
Seriously? You calling the present team "Full Strenght?"
You could send a school boyteam and they would be no worse.

Commie 2014-10-29 13:10:56 

In reply to Admin

The WICb would also score a reverse PR win as well for themselves...if they really want to negotiate with Wavell.

Cause if they did this...no way would the fc players vote for a changed WIPA.

Commie 2014-10-29 13:12:16 

I just remembered WI havent got a coach. smile

spider 2014-10-29 13:15:58 

In reply to Commie

How would they vote if you tell them they going to get more money and probably have them make plans and draft them only to scrap it? Would they have faith it would happen sometime in the future?

Commie 2014-10-29 13:20:24 

In reply to spider

You asking answers.

FanAttick 2014-10-29 18:16:13 

In reply to Arawak

The end of the world is imminent. That's the only explanation for me being in total agreement with you and my total rejection of Spratty's nonsense. . lol lol lol

JamMack 2014-10-29 18:44:38 

In reply to jacksprat

Sounds like you will side with labor even if they are wrong. I guess I mis-calculated in thinking that you would side with "right" rather than "wrong". Players were wrong in this case and so was WIPA. WICB has not handled the situation very well, but I see WICB as the victim of the untimely industrial action. IMO WICB should be lauded for the MOU. If the MOU survives then it will be a boon for cricket in the region's teams over the long run. No doubt!

Wavell was trying to do the right thing for cricket in the region, but he was not trying to fo the right thing for some highly paid individuals. Cause the 2 mutually exclusive. Furthermore, Wavell wearing too many hats, confuses his roles and exposes his conflict of interest.

watchman 2014-10-29 19:10:07 

In reply to camos

Don't give a man a contract and expect him to take it and grin is how some of us privileged ones of the petite bourgeoisie feel things should always be......

watchman 2014-10-29 19:10:08 

In reply to camos

Don't give a man a contract and expect him to take it and grin is how some of us privileged ones of the petite bourgeoisie feel things should always be......

jballer84 2014-10-29 19:48:10 

In reply to Commie

Please stop saying they should cancel the first class season as this is long overdue and certainly needed. The board needs to raise more money for the first class season and also engage sponsors but the season must go on.

Lengthening the season alone will not help our cricket. The coaching structures must also be improved to help the first class players and the pitches also need to be improved.

jahmekyah 2014-10-29 20:25:43 

In reply to Arawak

GOOD MOVE WICB. ALL THE PLAYERS WHO ABANDONED THE TOUR OF INDIA SHOULD BE PERMANENTLY BANNED
AND ALL THIER STATS SHOULD BE STRICKEN FROM THE RECORDED BOOKS

evil

imusic 2014-10-29 20:49:12 

In reply to jahmekyah

ALL THE PLAYERS WHO ABANDONED THE TOUR OF INDIA SHOULD BE PERMANENTLY BANNED
AND ALL THIER STATS SHOULD BE STRICKEN FROM THE RECORDED BOOKS

Agreed.

PS.....samuels included too right?

tha-liner 2014-10-29 20:51:19 

In reply to Commie and mitch44

If the WICB can find no good players this bunch or the next and they cant be considered full strength, who the hell fault is that. If you cant find/develop 11 good players and your responsible for cricket then there is only one organization responsible. When you consider that at least 7 of the legitimate first pick players are main cogs in their international franchise teams then it paints another picture. Good one place, but aint worth shyte the next place begs to question why.

In reply to baje

Play the new players and dont address these issues this will simply happen again and again and again. Happened with Lara, Gayle and Sarwan dropped contract with C&W and conformed. Lara again prior to Sri Lanka, Shiv and Ramdin toe the line. Prior to Bangladesh, Sammy and Roach toe the line. Then the Gayle controversy, Bravo and Pollard toe the line. Who are the new shyte protesting players now? Do we want to keep turning this corner forever and ever? Why are all these various type of players with various characteristics, temperaments, country of origin, ethnicity, education level, all having the same problem. The players messed up, really badly but this is a seemingly ongoing muck up after muck up when none of the other cricketing organizations and their players seem to be having these problems, including when the said West Indies players work with them.

unitsypher 2014-10-29 21:01:35 

In reply to jacksprat

How far will they take their quest for victimization and exacting their pound of flesh from the aggrieved players who had the temerity to want to secure their rights?

Why are you surprised? It was evident from the time the India tour got cancelled that the players on that tour would have been out of the side at least until the world cup or after this administration is changed.

At this point I have to admit I don't care what happens to these players, I've said from the get go abandoning this tour should NEVER have been an option!!!!!!!

I absolutely hate the WICB and generally side with the players. But 3 wrongs don't make a right and the players were a part of this catastrophe and can't complain if they are left in the cold.

Commie 2014-10-29 21:29:57 

In reply to tha-liner

Because it is t20 shit.

Thats why.

Commie 2014-10-29 21:33:06 

In reply to jballer84

Indebting yourself to run a 4 day fc season before a odi wc doesn't make sense.

tha-liner 2014-10-30 00:27:22 

In reply to Commie

Most of the players who left the India tour dont play test cricket. The test cricketers also are "shyte". If the WICB:

1. Cant find any players in their region for which they are in charge of the development to create a decent test side.
2. Cant motivate the same critical 7 and more players who play superbly for every other Tom, Dick and Harry in T-20 shyte.
3. Can't seem to go 2 years without a controversy.

If the shoe fits!!! Outside of the WICB influence the players perform and dont strike/threaten to strike. At some point a spade has to be called a spade. If the key issues continue to be swept under the rug we will be here in the next 2 years, with the new batch of established players with the new batch of B and C players waiting in the wings to step in to replace strikers

Commie 2014-10-30 02:00:46 

In reply to tha-liner

If the shoe fits!!! Outside of the WICB influence the players perform and dont strike/threaten to strike. At some point a spade has to be called a spade. If the key issues continue to be swept under the rug we will be here in the next 2 years, with the new batch of established players with the new batch of B and C players waiting in the wings to step in to replace strikers

WI won the T20 2012 WC so they can perform at all levels in T20. The reason is simple. It suits their lack of technique and lack of attention span. Excepting Gayle, who has some success as an intl cricketer in other formats, most of the guys who do well, are mediocre cricketers in other forms of the game. Dwayne Smith, Sammy, Pollard are good examples.

In 50 overs and test cricket the examination of skill and stamina is much greater. This is why WI have been a mediocre ODI team for close to 18 years.

And that is why the ODI WC will be infinitely more difficult for a team like WI than the T20 WC.

With regards to strikes, how are they going to strike ? The IPL just discards you. There is no tolerance for union representation. I cited an older example where Ronnie Sarwan stayed 18 months without payment and stayed meek as a mouse. Can you imagine if the WICB didnt pay Ronnie for 18 months ?

You would be hearing him wailing all now.

The BCCI has money and as such these players are willing to shut up and do what they are told, because they need the coin more than the BCCI needs them. Note that you dont hear the same players asking how much the BCCI is making of the use of their image rights, which they give up willingly. Admin claims that is because they are compensated so well...

Controversy is a natural byproduct of confrontation. Because WI have a MOU that governs it as part of a dialogue between the parties, it depends on the goodwill of the people involved.

Except for the Caucasian boards, the rest of the boards dont have active players unions or any advocacy representative of a dialogue. The players would simply be dismissed.

The other boards all have issues. They just arent as willing to wash their dirty linen in public. That happens when people have agendas and little regard for relationship.

Example 1

Example 2

Note that WI have had a player association (WIPA) since the 1970s and was inc as a proper entity in the early 2000s. The idea that a group of well paid intl cricketers, who are the 5th best paid in the sport, are oppressed, is patent nonsense. It insults real oppression happening all over the region and world.

Admin 2014-10-30 02:45:32 

In reply to Commie

Dude, it's almost 3am in your time zone. Yuh got bed bugs?

_r

mikesiva 2014-10-30 04:03:45 

In reply to Commie

"The other boards all have issues. They just arent as willing to wash their dirty linen in public."

That's because the other boards are national entities...countries, in other words. The West Indies is not a country.

I've yet to see a Caribbean sports man or woman go on strike against his country....

Norm 2014-10-30 06:22:08 

The players were right to stand up for themselves. After all, they are the ones laying the golden eggs. The WICB preferred asserting its control over the players, even at the cost of ending the tour prematurely. The BCCI expressed a similar view.

RSA, Eng, etc, will not accept a WI second XI, especially if players were excluded for non-cricketing reasons. Though WI will be in the upcoming World Cup, all other tours would probably be suspended for the next year or so.

The WIPA too has been effectively dismantled, and would probably take years to recover. The MOU may very well have died in infancy.

Times are indeed changing, but WICB still seems unable to both keep its best workers and business partners. We all know where that takes you.

Commie 2014-10-30 07:53:19 

In reply to Admin

Working with Chinese.

dwinston 2014-10-30 08:17:43 

In reply to jahmekyah

Hallelujah. AGREED. BAN Them.

Admin 2014-10-30 08:48:34 

In reply to Commie

Working with Chinese.

Keep getting dem cheques.

_r

Chrissy 2014-10-30 08:53:51 

In reply to Norm

The players were right to stand up for themselves. After all, they are the ones laying the golden eggs. The WICB preferred asserting its control over the players, even at the cost of ending the tour prematurely. The BCCI expressed a similar view.

Control is all they want - control of people's lives, control of money others earn.
They disgust me.

Larr Pullo 2014-10-30 08:54:22 

In reply to Admin

I think we should form a committee....

Chrissy 2014-10-30 09:00:11 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Is Mookie in talks too?

Larr Pullo 2014-10-30 09:02:17 

In reply to Chrissy

Who's Mookie?

Larr Pullo 2014-10-30 09:03:00 

In reply to Chrissy

Control is all they want - control of people's lives, control of money others earn.
They disgust me.

WICBC

SirGarny 2014-10-30 15:04:50 

In reply to anandgb

I hope the Non IPLers are feeling very stupid now that Bravo & company will be collecting 20/20 paychecks from around the world.

Seriously...there is enough T20 cricket played worldwide to give these guys a comfortable life. Turn them loose...why do they still need to play Windies cricket when their loyalties are clearly to the highest bidder?

Right now their attitude seems to be, "When no T20 cricket is playing, I'll play for Windies to collect a little change."

cry sad sad

SirGarny 2014-10-30 15:16:19 

In reply to crapaud

I don't know enough about the ins and outs to speak authoritatively but standing back it looks odd for the same players that have caused the abandonment of a tour to be picked for the next one.

SirGarny 2014-10-30 15:21:05 

In reply to imusic

PS.....samuels included too right?

Good one! lol lol lol

imusic 2014-10-30 16:22:12 

In reply to SirGarny

Seriously...there is enough T20 cricket played worldwide to give these guys a comfortable life. Turn them loose...why do they still need to play Windies cricket when their loyalties are clearly to the highest bidder?

They could cut them loose.

It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

They were cut loose before and plenty people, including you if I not mistaken, demanded that they return to the team.

And what happens to successful replacements? Think they'll be content to represent WI based mainly on pride while others get to secure their families future in a far more lucrative form of the game?

Just wait until these same replacements realize that their toil on the field of play is fully subsidizing those that aren't as good as them.

West Indies Welfare....cricket style. It's the West Indian way

Larr Pullo 2014-10-31 04:15:29 

In reply to Commie

Working with Chinese.

Facilitating the exploiters....