The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

It will be very foolish if >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

POINT 2014-10-29 23:27:09 

The WICB decides to suspend Players & send a second rate Team to South Africa . That will not only be Fool hardy , but I seriously doubt that Cricket Fans in South Africa are going to turn up to see the matches .

I also have no doubt that this can bring a Law suit against the WICB ; which these days must tread very softly due to its precarious
Financial standing .

Star 2014-10-30 08:11:09 

In reply to POINT

The WICB decides to suspend Players & send a second rate Team to South Africa . That will not only be Fool hardy , but I seriously doubt that Cricket Fans in South Africa are going to turn up to see the matches .

I agree with you. That statement is 100% on the ball.

I also have no doubt that this can bring a Law suit against the WICB

Not sure who you are referring to here that can bring a law suit. Is it SA or the omitted players.

If it is SA, a law suite will not prevail.

If it is the omitted players, there might be a loop hole to bring a law suite if the WICB Directors instruct the selectors not to include specific players by name.

Not likely to happen since Mr.Sudden seems to be working a little harder these days to justify his retainer fees.

POINT 2014-10-30 14:51:41 

In reply to Star

Definitely our Players , and perhaps South Africa . BTW the WICB financially aint in great shape , hopefully commonsense will prevail , but I aint about to hold my breath .

CricketFan 2014-10-30 15:17:14 

In reply to Star
But at the same time, some action is needed against the players. May not all 15, but its high time, not to select Bravo, Sammy for west indies anymore.

POINT 2014-10-30 16:03:00 

In reply to CricketFan

I guess in your opinion , the WICB is never ever wrong . Perhaps the fact that it
is a very run Entity , why it is in Financial trouble ; Right .

WestDem 2014-10-30 16:16:21 

In reply to CricketFan

But at the same time, some action is needed against the players. May not all 15, but its high time, not to select Bravo, Sammy for west indies anymore.

Yuh gotta be facking kidding? What kind of justice is that? Man yuh too nasty minded! evil evil

tc1 2014-10-30 16:46:14 

In reply to WestDem

agreed, the Wi will get rid of' the so-call trouble makers and the less than fringe players'.

selection to the team it not performance driven, but who is on the selection panel.

imusic 2014-10-30 18:40:56 

This will be the 15 man test squad announced for the 3 match SA test series beginning December 17 with a tour match on December 10

Chris Gayle (if not...Asad Fudadin)
Kraigg Brathwaite
Leon Johnson
Kuk Edwards
Marlon Samuels
Jermaine Blackwood
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Devon Thomas
Carlos Brathwaite
Ashley Nurse
Shane Shillingford
Shannon Gabriel
Miguel Cummins
Jason Holder
Sheldon Cotterell

The LO teamm will be selected depending on how players perform in the test series.

Those in contention will be:

Lendl Simmons
Jonathan Carter
Andre Russell
Ramon Reifer
Johnson Charles
Kieran Powell
Shane Dowrich
Ronsford Beaton
Christopher Barnwell

openning 2014-10-31 12:27:32 

In reply to imusic

What will be the purpose of selecting the above teams?
It is best to solve the players issue now, why no meeting between the players and their union?
Wave should have been out of a job, as soon as these players got back to the region, it is obvious he cannot be structed to represent his members.

cg 2014-10-31 12:33:11 

In reply to POINT

If that is the case then SA should cancel the tour and then arrange games against an invitational team comprising the same players who weren't selected big grin smile big grin ... as Boycot would say (i think it was him) "that will guarantee bums on seats"

POINT 2014-10-31 15:18:15 

In reply to cg

First let me welcome you to this Forum . I
have no problem with your proposal ; but the WICB is still , despite its Financial troubles , drunk with the power it seemingly possess .

You see for decades the WICB has commissioned Reports and rejected all of them . Perhaps that is because they believed that it it alone knew how to govern Criket in the Region .

It will be very interesting to see now that the feces have hit the fan whether
they are going to remain a Rogue Cricket Board , or agree that the Whole Structure
of Cricket in the Region must change , from top to bottom . Now that it is in dire Financial Straits . I am reminded of
the Phrase :" OUT OF EVIL COMETH GOOD ".