The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

BCCI enraged by Cameron

Kurt 2014-10-31 12:22:49 

With the sudden pullout having draw flak from across the cricketing world, the Windies board has adopted an extremely apologetic stance. However, the Srinivasan-headed ICC is unlikely to take a sympathetic view. According to the official, what has enraged the BCCI is the lackadaisical approach of Cameron who, despite being in Dubai, did not come to India to defuse the situation.

There's plenty of blame to go around to Board, WIPA and the players, but it amuses me that the only people who have trouble determining the prime culprit in this mess seem to be "WI fans" (I use that term loosely).

Hindustan Times

bobby 2014-10-31 12:31:37 

In reply to Kurt

This all starts and ends with the WICBandits headed by Dave 'Digicel' Cameron. The whole structure of cricket in the Caribbean is to blame. How do you put a Dunce and a group of failures to operate and manage a multi-million dollar industry?
The West Indian people should stop the emotional reactions and ask themselves that question.
Would you put a garbage collector to operate and manage a Bank?

hubert 2014-10-31 12:38:23 

In reply to Kurt

Attired in Sackcloth and ashes and on their knees..pitiful, but appropriate lol lol lol

Chrissy 2014-10-31 13:46:44 

In reply to bobby

Well said

imusic 2014-10-31 14:19:39 

In reply to Kurt

I posted it earlier.....BCCI/ICC won't be satisfied until at least Cameron is removed

SirGarny 2014-10-31 14:24:24 

In reply to hubert

Attired in Sackcloth and ashes and on their knees

Ahrite Rev. Hubert... lol big grin

POINT 2014-10-31 14:44:49 

In reply to Kurt

It is very unfortunate that the BCCI , is
unaware of the following Flaws of the WICB :

FIRST CAMERON IS NOT EMPOWERED TO ACT

UNLESS HE HAS THE APPROVAL OF THE

PRESIDENTS OF THE REGIONAL BOARDS

PRESIDENTS . THEY HAVE MORE POWER

POWER THAN HE HAS .

Perhaps this is why while in Dubai ,
Cameron Bosses told him not to go to India . Cameron is not an Executive President .
giving him that power would mean diluting
the power of the Emperors .

The BCCI apparently is unaware of the gross animosity , the People in the WICB
have against the Players .

The BCCI needs to consider the fact that
the people in the WICB still are unaware
that Cricket is a very serious business , so the business of Cricket must be taken very seriously .

Finally the BCCI , by now must be fully aware that ARROGANCE permeates those in the WICB .

JOJO 2014-10-31 15:16:57 

In reply to Kurt

Myopic crabs in a barrel---All of you!

You really think this is about Cameron?

Cameron has his numerous faults--Digicel connections and all. WICB has its faults.

However, it is the height of stupidity for a West Indian to think that the BCCIs issues with Cameron are based on principle and the are in the interest of West Indies cricket.

Commie 2014-10-31 15:35:29 

In reply to JOJO

They want to punish a PERSON. At the same time decrying the punishment of 'people' by the WICB.

Its an interesting exercise in logic.

All we need is a trini to d bone article from andre baptiste and we are complete.

nick2020 2014-10-31 15:53:07 

In reply to Kurt

Kurt,

If the players needed to be told that their actions could be the end of cricket as we know it your problem isn't the system.

I hope they happy when everyone out of wuk.

Logic 2014-10-31 17:24:27 

In reply to Commie

They want to punish a PERSON. At the same time decrying the punishment of 'people' by the WICB.

I don't think anyone is against "punishment" if someone deserves it, but withdrawing your services when you are given a contract to sign that amounts to a near 75% cut relative to previously agreed terms is a reasonable thing to do. The WICB is the only party technically at fault here because they had a contractual arrangement (not the players) with BCCI. They should have ensured that they had a binding contracts from the players or at least that they could rely on precedent to bind the players. Having slshsed the player's pay relative to previous compensation, they effectively threw precedent out the window. Cameron deserves "punishment" for his arrogant foolhardiness in believing that he could stand his ground on the basis of a divisively crafted MOU.

Commie 2014-10-31 17:33:32 

In reply to Logic

I don't think anyone is against "punishment" if someone deserves it, but withdrawing your services when you are given a contract to sign that amounts to a near 75% cut relative to previously agreed terms is a reasonable thing to do

At first glance that seems reasonable but these players have a retainer as well. This isnt like 75% of your income making you indigent. Therefore waiting till after the tour to clarify and agitate that position was the sensible thing to do.

Now...the retainers are going to be at risk, and they will be making 100% of zero sponsorship money if they are not playing.

It doesnt help that the person advising them has no status in WIPA or the WICB.

The WICB have Board elections in March. That is the proper place for Cameron and his executive team punishment or not.

DIEHARD 2014-10-31 17:35:49 

In reply to Logic

but withdrawing your services when you are given a contract to sign that amounts to a near 75% cut relative to previously agreed terms is a reasonable thing to do. The WICB is the only party technically at fault here because they had a contractual arrangement (not the players) with BCCI. They should have ensured that they had a binding contracts from the players or at least that they could rely on precedent to bind the players. Having slshsed the player's pay relative to previous compensation, they effectively threw precedent out the window. Cameron deserves "punishment" for his arrogant foolhardiness in believing that he could stand his ground on the basis of a divisively crafted MOU.

Apt name cool lol

Logic 2014-10-31 19:08:26 

In reply to Commie You back on that Ramnarine mantra again. Well Ramnarine ain't advising me but I'm saying that if I was in the players position I downing tools one time. I'm saying that if any vertebrate was in the players position they downing tools one time. I'm saying that Cameron expected that when the players saw the contracts they would down tools one time. And that's where he miscalculated. He didn't anticipate the intervention from the BCCI that resulted in 3 games being played and the emotional investment of the BCCI in the impasse. He had his replacement squad ready but it was rejected out of hand and the joker did not have the sense or the character to accept that he had to change strategy. And that's why he has to go and go now. His job is not to play cricket, to score runs, to entertain, to coach men. His job his to promote and preserve West Indies cricket...and he effed that up. He must be dropped.

Star 2014-10-31 19:14:59 

In reply to bobby

Would you put a garbage collector to operate and manage a Bank?

If he/she is qualified, why not? Didn't one operate a successful bank in Bangladesh?

Commie 2014-10-31 19:37:44 

In reply to Logic

Then you do not understand the link between the obligations of your actions and your own income.

Or you do...and don't care. Which is exactly my point of what happens when someone is unofficially involved.

I have seen multiple nba lockouts. Not one owner nor david stern resigned even when they risked the entire future of the nba and some of their franchises.

This executive will be gone in march if they can't get out of this mess, but don't pretend that what has happened was straightforward.

it wasn't because of the undercurrent of who was dealing with who and over what...much of which was not obvious. A disaster all round.

POINT 2014-10-31 21:08:43 

In reply to Commie

Would you agree that the WICB has been abysmal at governing Cricket in the Region
for a long time ???

Do you think it deserves to be in the governance of Cricket in the Region ???

Do you think that the WICB has done a good job in making our Players fully competitive
to compete against Teams ranked above our
Team ???

1Desiabnu 2014-10-31 23:01:23 

Haven't been following this nonsense but one thing is plainly obvious, if the BCCI really wanted the players to play, then they would have played. Something is not quite right.

SpudsMcKenzie 2014-10-31 23:08:15 

i refuse to follow this crap.

phew!

@RMc@

Pacy 2014-11-01 01:16:30 

In reply to 1Desiabnu

When I saw one of the interevews the Indian media was asking if BCCI would foot the additional bill for the players like their last visit (Sachin Farewell Series) and the BCCI said they clearly are not intending to do that.

I am not sure if BCCI paid additional money last time around. If that is true, may be WICB tried that trick again and failed.

Wally-1 2014-11-01 07:26:11 

In reply to bobby
foolishness, the man is no dunce..you're just as bad or worse, putting down people at the earliest opportunity.

StumpCam 2014-11-01 08:12:06 

In reply to Wally-1

foolishness, the man is no dunce..you're just as bad or worse, putting down people at the
opportunity.

Lest he open his mouth and remove all doubt, eh?
Isn't it incumbent upon him to reassure the fans that this impasse will be resolved amicably, instead of actively trying to recruit replacement players? razz

Commie 2014-11-01 09:42:40 

In reply to POINT

1. No I do not agree.

2. They are mandated to do so. Noone deserves anything at that level.

3. No. Neither does QPR in football. Money is everything in sporting development. Surprise, surprise.