The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

BCCI WILL REGRET THEIR STANCE

ponderiver 2014-11-01 00:57:57 

They should have allowed the WICB to send their chosen replacements.

Failure to do so has left them in the the invidious position of being an accomplice in the cancellation of the tour

All this talk of damages is hogwash,it will not stand up in a court of law.

Did Australia not cancel a tour to the west Indies,during the four prong era, when Bobby Simpson their coach suggested it would be detrimental to the careers of his young charges?.

where was the hue and cry then, were we ever compensated for loss of revenue?

cherri 2014-11-01 06:26:58 

In reply to ponderiver

I think the difference here is that the tour had actually started, once that happens all kinds of things kicks in, service providers, transportation costs and the like..........I was looking at the time line of events and the WICB had told the BCCI on the eve of the first ODI that things were looking difficult and they (the WICB) even suggested calling off the first ODI and the tour.......they should have done it then, before a ball was bowled......after the fourth ODI...the tour started....the BCCI could claim all sorts of things, and they are..........

the WICB better ask the Salvation Army fuh some kettles and bells and guh pon the street......there's on 14 shopping days left..........

hubert 2014-11-01 06:36:09 

In reply to cherri

the WICB better ask the Salvation Army fuh some kettles and bells and guh pon the street......there's on 14 shopping days left..........

lol lol lol lol
It's early morning; love it.

cherri 2014-11-01 06:43:44 

In reply to hubert

You like bare sport.... lol lol lol

granite 2014-11-01 06:44:50 

In reply to ponderiverWow,didn't know that mate,seems like "there's light at the end of tunnel".
I still feel that WIPA must take some blame,they could have relented,they acted like Margaret Tatcher of some years ago.

BatQuake 2014-11-01 06:59:03 

In reply to ponderiver

Failure to do so has left them in the the invidious position of being an accomplice in the cancellation of the tour

All this talk of damages is hogwash,it will not stand up in a court of law.

I completely agree. I have a suspicion that the BCCI is trying to use this to break the hand of the WICB inorder to control them.

The WICB was willing to send a replacement team but they shunned the idea. So I feel the WICB has a strong case in court against the BCCI.

I say take the BCCI to court.

Wally-1 2014-11-01 07:00:23 

In reply to cherri

I think the difference here is that the tour had actually started

I think you're right, say hello to jeff miller for me.

smile

Dizzy 2014-11-01 07:02:04 

The WICB should be asking the BCCI to mitigate the loss against the favour done a year ago when we assisted the BCCI to disrupt the FTP by touring India to accommodate Sachin Tendulkar's farewell!!!

Emir 2014-11-01 07:03:53 

In reply to BatQuake

No. The WICBC abdicated their responsibilities

BatQuake 2014-11-01 07:04:15 

In reply to Dizzy

I don't know why the WICB ever found itself thinking it could make friends with the BCCI. The BCCI is a power hungry money driven tyrant.

I warned about the dangers of courting GREEDY people.

Emir 2014-11-01 07:06:48 

In reply to Dizzy

Not a bad idea, but i think the BCCI is using the payment demand as a bargaining chip with the full support of the Brits and Aussies. I do not believe they will go after the money, the end result they are seeking is to come off as a savior to WI as they will eventually drop the demands for reforms to WICBC and other future tour commitments .

cherri 2014-11-01 07:19:42 

In reply to Dizzy

That tour also assisted us with the start-up of the CPL.........doan care how you mix it up the WICB stand to lose more in this fallout........look at it, whenever we are about to embark on something major in windies cricket, we end up going to India for a 'tour', you think that is a co-incidence?.....

hubert 2014-11-01 07:23:42 

In reply to BatQuake

I don't know why the WICB ever found itself thinking it could make friends with the WICB

That is the bnig problem right there. lol lol lol lol lol

Corect it quickly.BQ

cherri 2014-11-01 07:31:12 

In reply to hubert

Hubert....you could pick yuh friends....when a man gih a woman nuff money, she does keep gine back for more, when that woman turn ungrateful, the man gine get nasty.........India and the west indies are now embroiled in such a spat, the Indians has been giving and giving and giving (get to know about their relationship) when the WICB behaved in this manner, the BCCI was bound to be upset......all the BCCI wanted from the WICB was for someone from the WICB to come to India and meet with the players and the BCCI, they did not even have to say much, a presence is all that was needed........check the main grouse the BCCI have...........

positiveg 2014-11-01 07:33:17 

In reply to hubert

^^^^ hahaha

gvenkat 2014-11-01 08:17:04 

In reply to ponderiver

Really? rolleyes rolleyes

hubert 2014-11-01 08:21:52 

In reply to cherri

they did not even have to say much, a presence is all that was needed........check the main grouse the BCCI have...........

Cherri, I could not have said it better. It was the ultimate insult to the hosts.
In addition to that, the proffering of a replacement team to them was also an insult compounded by the demand to victimize the IPL players thru their contracts.
Do these dufusses even know the construct of the IPL and the owners of those franchises and the onus they placed on their contracted players from the WI with financial outlays etc ?

Culturally.the Indian psyche is one of graciousness and good order especiallly when it comes to national representation and as hosts ,second to none as a people. There is always an air of royalty about them and they frown on rumbunctiousness ,a quality that typifes a large segment of Caribbean
people. They don't take kindly to being insulted, especially in their own home and to reasonable overtures .The last thing they wanted was to be involved in any WI Cricket fracas of whatever origin.
Having been around their international players/personnel since 1962,I can tell you that they were royally pissed.But their graciousness were always at the fore as mature sensible people do.

uton 2014-11-01 11:50:09 

In reply to BatQuake

The WICB was willing to send a replacement team but they shunned the idea. So I feel the WICB has a strong case in court against.

I say take the BCCI to court.

You seem to have zilch commercial acumen and little grasp of reality. If the WICB takes the BCCI to court and by some miracle win the case, then what do they get other than a royal screwing from the BCCI who will eff them around and probably force other nations to shun the WI ?

If they lose then they get double screwed as the BCCI will make an example of the idiots and the WICB probably would not even be able to afford the bills of their lawyers.

ponderiver 2014-11-01 11:52:08 

Most of us have allowed ourselves to be caught up in the moment and the emotive nature of this embarrassing fiasco.
It is no longer an emotional issue ,it is a legal issue.

India, in recent years have been flexing their financial muscle , calling the shots on how cricket should be played, the issue apart , this is just an extension of their current mindset.

There is little mileage in filing a lawsuit against an entity with little or no funds of their own. except for the lawyers that is ........ pro bono ? i dont think so.
Despite the righteous indignation by the press of the rest of the international community,you can bet your bottom dollar that they will secretly be smirking at this embarrassment of India ,never mind us.

It is actually in crickets interest to see this alleged lawsuit fall flat on its fat BCCI face.

The frequent acts of terrorism taking place in the middle east and the subsequent spill over on to the sub-continent,has left many cricketers and fans concerned for their safety.

It is quite likely that we will have to get used to the idea of players,contrary to the wishes of their board ,wanting to abandon ship mid tour for any number of reasons.
The recent abandonment just happened to be one of them.

I wasn't so long ago that the BCCI on grounds of safety had to relocate the IPL to South Africa.
it wasn't so long ago that these same forkers ran out of sabina park thus depriving us of the opportunity to see a great team, with a fast bowler at the peak of his unprecedented powers,score a resounding victory.
They even had the audacity to claim a moral victory for their cowardly no show by implying that it just wasn't cricket.

Once other boards start selecting our teams ,it won't be cricket as we know it, it also raises the ugly specter of match fixing

India it would appear, had their chance to save the tour and they blew it too, now they want to have their cake and eat it
the precedent has been set let the fun begin.

gvenkat 2014-11-01 12:46:57 

In reply to ponderiver

Why did ur players not play in the interest of cricket???

Halliwell 2014-11-01 13:19:45 

In reply to ponderiver

Yes sah! cool

Walco 2014-11-01 13:47:48 

In reply to ponderiver

All this talk of damages is hogwash, it will not stand up in a court of law.

How did you come to these conclusions without knowing the terms of the agreement between the BCCI and WICB relating to the recently cancelled tour?

Commie 2014-11-01 13:54:31 

Pondie should have just posted a pic of the Jamaican flag and said no retreat no surrender big grin

Would have made more sense.

At least Fans stuff is funny.

BatQuake 2014-11-01 14:07:05 

In reply to hubert

Thanks for the observation. That which needed to be corrected has now been corrected.

BatQuake 2014-11-01 14:07:05 

In reply to hubert

(double post)

unitsypher 2014-11-01 14:09:17 

In reply to ponderiver
I agree this will not hold up in court! WICB did offer to send a replacement team and they refused so they cannot talk about damages that is partly their fault!

The sponsors, TV rights etc were all sold already and wouldn't change because the players on show for the West Indies were different.

ponderiver 2014-11-02 02:56:04 

In reply to unitsypher

India v Sri Lanka match up today

Dhoni Jadega,Mishra among others rested, Kholi Captains if ah laugh ah pop.

The BCCI will fall flat on their fat bcci face

cherri 2014-11-02 04:58:38 

In reply to ponderiver

The BCCI will fall flat on their fat bcci face

That is what you would like to happen.....the Indians could invite rabbits and rest their team, yuh know why....the got the West Indies by their balls and a payday pon de horizon........you mean the WICB falling over trying to figure out how to pacify India ( quell the anger, agitation).........Whey Sammy when yuh need him? he may got some to let off.................think the Indins care if Sri Lanka send a Z side, as long as it did not come the west indies?.........

ponderiver 2014-11-02 05:24:21 

In reply to cherri

never mind that, when are you coming this side ?

cherri 2014-11-02 05:31:42 

In reply to ponderiver

Will let you know........

Cole 2014-11-02 06:44:05 

Yuh can't pay what yuh haven't got. Let they facters take the Windies to court.