The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Walco- Thorne QC Calls it Victimisation

sudden 2014-12-21 08:33:08 

Link Text

VICTIMISATION. That was the cry from attorney at law Ralph Thorne QC yesterday in reacting to the news that Dwayne Bravo had been sacked as captain .

Narper 2014-12-21 08:51:01 

The demotions of Bravo, Sammy and Pollard exclusively to the T20 team reveals evidence of the victimisation that we have fought against. Their non-selection in the ODI team severely lessens their chances for qualification in the lucrative and prestigious World Cup,”

Correct is right

tc1 2014-12-21 10:39:14 

Where is the proof of victimization
Very hard to prove in this case

buds 2014-12-21 11:06:08 

In reply to Narper

Ramdunce is next---

Pacy 2014-12-21 11:09:52 

In reply to buds

Yes. You have Walton just waiting in the wings. Would be an easy swap

tc1 2014-12-21 11:18:07 

In reply to buds

I agreed that Rammy is next,the behavior here is a normal for any organization, he punish the ring leader slowly and send a message to other.
Also a strong board would sent Jamaican Dave and his cronies packing.

Walco 2014-12-21 11:47:47 

In reply to sudden

The question in my mind is what were the terms of the agreement struck by Dave and the two Ralphs in T&T? Was it no recriminations at all or no recriminations until after and independent investigation was completed and the report submitted to the board?

Walco 2014-12-21 11:49:41 

In reply to buds

At least you call a spade a spade, and I respect that. Others are jumping through hoops trying to characterize the obvious as something it is not.

buds 2014-12-21 11:53:30 

In reply to Pacy

I do not agree with the players despicable betrayal of WI cricket in India!! Thus, not one a dem regardless of territory should be rewarded for such actions-I do not care who it is--Very despicable!!

Narper 2014-12-21 12:23:12 

In reply to buds

In reply to Narper

Ramdunce is next---

After the test series...he would be easiest to get rid of without explanation

His own Tittie board already removed him from T&T cappoship

Pacy 2014-12-21 12:36:09 

In reply to buds

I do not agree with the players despicable betrayal of WI cricket in India!! Thus, not one a dem regardless of territory should be rewarded for such actions-I do not care who it is--Very despicable!!

I am with you if all the leaders including the Manager, Coach and WIPA all are fired for their ineptitude. Why is it always just the players?

anandgb 2014-12-21 12:54:20 

In reply to Walco

Was it no recriminations at all or no recriminations until after and independent investigation was completed and the report submitted to the board?

The bold part was agreed to.

Note so far Sammy still retains his Cappoship and so did Ramdin. Where is the victimization? KFC finishes Jan 28. When does the RSA ODI series start?

anandgb 2014-12-21 12:56:58 

In reply to Pacy

I am with you if all the leaders including the Manager, Coach and WIPA all are fired for their ineptitude. Why is it always just the players?

Bravo already fired the WIPA.

But how are the coach & Manager at fault?

Walco 2014-12-21 13:34:21 

In reply to anandgb

Where is the victimization? KFC finishes Jan 28. When does the RSA ODI series start?

Look at Bravo's recent stats an come again boss. I think another poster published them on a thread. Remember, he was dropped from the team, not just as captain. Even the blind Stevie Wonder can see this for what it is. Ramdin and Sammy will not be far behind either, but in Ramdin's case they may have a better excuse after this series.

By the way, did Bravo, Pollard and Sammy make themselves unavailable for selection to the SA ODI squad because of other T20 engagements?

anandgb 2014-12-21 13:36:35 

In reply to Walco

That is my question. They generally choose to play for the T20 clubs ahead of WI.

By the way, did Bravo, Pollard and Sammy make themselves unavailable for selection to the SA ODI squad because of other T20 engagements?

Walco 2014-12-21 14:14:46 

In reply to anandgb

That is my question. They generally choose to play for the T20 clubs ahead of WI.

There is no way those guys would forego the SA ODIs, and a chance to play in the 2015 WC, to play Big Bash. The big bash is not paying them anywhere near what they would make for the SA tour and WC combined.

Commie 2014-12-21 14:17:16 

In reply to Walco

The World Cup is the ultimate eat ah food.

The one time the WICB holds the cards is just before a wc. Fellas will stand up and sing rally round the west indies clutching a picture of dave to their chest if they have to.

Walco 2014-12-21 14:18:53 

In reply to Commie

Fellas will stand up and sing rally round the west indies clutching a picture of dave to their chest if they have to.

Now that's some interesting imagery lol

TheTrail 2014-12-21 14:37:19 

I always knew Thorne was talking out of his second mout when he made that statement...Who he think he is trying to browbeat Cameron and his gang. He should know that Cameron has legal representation who might see things differently.

Thorne was behaving like he was the law and all others were the peasants. Oh well!

victimisation my backside - fire all them to yuh heart content Cameron and Lloyd.

Yuh already in the red for 42 Mil - it cah go any higher than another 42 Mil and when i doubt, cry foul and "chapter 11", if there is such a ting in the Caribbean. lol smile

Sent from IP

Kurt 2014-12-21 15:35:50 

Wasn't one of the issues of contention the % the players would get for ICC events, such as the WC?

In which case the WICB may well be looking to send a team full of players that would be grateful for any food they get instead of whipping out their calculators and computing %s. The last time the WICB sent a 2nd team to an ICC event, the ICC were far from pleased. We will see what the response is if they send a team without Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Polly, Dwayne Smith etc.

Methinks there's more trouble round the corner. The WICB are also sending a message to the other cricket boards that they still are far away from a mutually respectful working relationship with the players. That could adversely impact their future bilsteral tours. No one wants to see the lopsided level of competition evidenced in the 1st Test in SA.

Chrissy 2014-12-21 19:53:44 

In reply to sudden

He is correct

sudden 2014-12-21 20:11:04 

In reply to Chrissy

He also said that the players are not employees of the WICB, notwithstanding those on contract, but are independent contractors. What say you?

POINT 2014-12-21 20:18:50 

In reply to Narper

Some people have never ever heard about Cutting off One's noise to Spite his Face .
As I have stated elsewhere , This is not only about Victimization , it is also about
deliberate Budgetary Constraints .

Ewart 2014-12-21 20:36:37 

In reply to Chrissy

More retribution than victimization. Being a victim seems to require innocence on the part of the injured. Bravo was anything but!

Meanwhile this looks to me like the Task Force produced two reports:

...one that blamed everybody (and was made public)

...and the other that put the blame on the strikers (and possibly suggested some retributive action).

//

ellisstreet 2014-12-22 00:10:25 

In reply to sudden

VICTIMISATION. That was the cry from attorney at law Ralph Thorne QC yesterday in reacting to the news that Dwayne Bravo had been sacked as captain .

NONSENSE! Dwayne continue to be a bits and pieces cricketer. He was just not a good captain ... while his bowling left much to be desired ... none for plenty ...

spider 2014-12-22 00:19:20 

In reply to Ewart

Aye. The report did seem to want to please everybody.

DIEHARD 2014-12-22 00:24:13 

In reply to ellisstreet

Hey. ..fukwad...DJ Bravo was the only WI bestowed any kind of honours at the annual ICC awards ceremony.

He was chosen to the world ODI XI. Based on his performance over the 12 months prior.

Check your facts before u show u panties on the www