The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Say what yuh like but Team Chemistry beats

powen001 2015-01-25 15:47:59 

everything else hands down.

This Trini Team aint the same team...but the fans are still very supportive...

Like Lloyd lead after Worrell honed a fine unit of togetherness...I say that that certain element cant now be present in the TnT team...the FANS are more focused than these lads imo.

Mohammed has not been infected by whatever has the Force offset...so the question is...

What the heck happened to the wonderful Chemistry of this TnT Team?

one man scoring 101*

not a boy else supporting him

Andy99 2015-01-25 15:49:11 

In reply to powen001

TTCB stood with the WICB and not with Polly and Bravo.

anandgb 2015-01-25 15:52:30 

In reply to Andy99

You think that is why Bravo & Polly not performing?

powen001 2015-01-25 15:53:14 

In reply to Andy99

man...I was gonna drag this out to develop the point big grin

in the vein of Redbaron who would pose a series of questions to see who could connect the dots.

spoil sport!!!! big grin

powen001 2015-01-25 15:54:18 

In reply to anandgb

them men shut down...and I can tell you..somehow ..their presence got these fellas...offset.

I have never seen the TnT Team this...challenged especially in a final to GO for it!

Andy99 2015-01-25 15:56:14 

In reply to anandgb

7 wickets at 13 from 3 innings with an econ of 4.02 is not performing?
Pitches require grafting at first and Dwayne rarely does that so he failed with the bat.
Pollard made a decent 40 in his first match(2nd for the team) then got injured and miss the 3rd.
In the 4th he played and failed and didn't bowl. Failed here too.
Having followed him long enough I can say with almost certainty his injury played a big part in his lack of performances.
He averages 40 for T&T in One Day cricket, he performs better than most, probably 99% at this level.

Andy99 2015-01-25 15:57:46 

In reply to powen001

razz

Bro, me hate Jason.
Me was waiting quietly fuh them loud mouth Muddies when the 2nd innings comes around, you know how quickly the tune changes in these cricket matches.
But him gawn and ton up so me had to come to give him congrats.

anandgb 2015-01-25 15:58:47 

In reply to Andy99

OK, if you happy with them, then I am happy too.

powen001 2015-01-25 15:59:52 

In reply to Andy99

That is true..

I heard about the injury and he did seem out of sorts...I attributed that to the overall crap swirling around.

but how come the lads who always over come seem so " distracted" at the crease?

The Fans really helped and I hope that they are publicly thanked regardless of the outcome.

WestDem 2015-01-25 16:01:49 

In reply to Andy99

Bro, me hate Jason.

Good enough fuh me....yuh better thank him fuh Muddies nat chasing about 140 here... lol lol

powen001 2015-01-25 16:03:17 

In reply to Andy99

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .

Jason earned respect today...so big o you to understand that. big grin

MATCH ON!

WestDem 2015-01-25 16:05:21 

In reply to powen001

Match On fuh real thanks fuh Jason...can you remember an inning like this in any final before? I can't! lol lol

powen001 2015-01-25 16:09:34 

In reply to WestDem

not for years....Thank God he brought something to talk about for this NAGICO series.

I want to see good fight here tho...

201 is plenty based on what went before but..I am not gonna swear when

Bravo
Emrit

set to bowl...between them two..could be 100 runs for GT....if they dont choke.

Andy99 2015-01-25 16:10:04 

In reply to anandgb

I am not happy by the performances.
Never said that.
Happy with Bravo's bowling and this knock by Jason but everything else hasn't been good enough, well probably good enough to win the competition but not to a good enough standard.
There are reasons as to why that is the case like Pollard's injury but that is the only thing that I can excuse.
As I said earlier I didn't expect Bravo to do well with the bat but as a senior player he should've fought it out.
Darren same.
Lewis chance after chance.
Katwaroo got a good break and came in but didn't take advantage of it.
Rampaul inconsistent but I'll give him a pass as he wouldn't have been doing much training I think as he was with his wife and newborn baby.
The list goes on and on.

powen001 2015-01-25 16:15:09 

In reply to Andy99

for me...something has changed.

there was a swagger that this team had for years...not seeing this time around...and it was there regardless of who was captain or which series...

seems diminished to almost make yu strain to see it.

thank God for the fans

Andy99 2015-01-25 16:17:00 

In reply to powen001

Probably started when they removed Ramdin as cappo.

POINT 2015-01-25 16:57:17 

In reply to powen001

This is precisely why I took umbrage of you compatriot who was in his post stressing Individualism , by having players work on their own , I stated I was not against that , but unlike Singles in Tennis , Cricket is a Team Sport .

Our Team today nearly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory , but stupid Runouts , that
were obviously the results of Players not being as familiar as they should be regarding Cricket .

Teamwork is involved in building partnerships ; in encouraging each other
on the Field and at the crease . But your friend keeps harping on individualism .

powen001 2015-01-25 17:18:39 

In reply to POINT

yes please.

my brother always on some agenda or the other... we know this.

He is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts.

TNT has somehow since the break found the TNT I know...working as one...somebody from the crowd mussee cuss dem during the break

razz lol

POINT 2015-01-25 21:11:32 

In reply to powen001

This is precisely why our Players must have at least two warm up matches ; and at least
a 2 weeks Camp .

Yes I am fully aware that this costs money .
However , that will be money not only well spent ; but it will be easily recouped when
our Players regain the once rich heritage of West Indies Cricket .

Bleating about not having any money is asinine .

"WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY "

Now if the WICB cannot seek Financial Sponsors to make this happen , it needs to GET THE Hell OUT OF CRICKET IN THE REGION .