The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Integrity and our People

HumbleCalf 2015-02-21 15:43:17 

Josh
Josh was one of us. He was a respected contributor to this forum and some respected posters like Southie and Chrissy labeled him a brilliant young man with a bright future.

After passing through UWI and a US university with flying colors, Josh is now seemingly a lackey for Dave Cameron. Cameron, some of us know has very little integrity just like his friend Paul Campbell - the one who used the JCA credit card to pay for his Burger King meals - and yes Cameron is the guy Josh is supporting.

So I ask, who is the real Josh?

NewDread
NewDread was also one of us. Here is a man who it would be reasonable to accuse as having some integrity. He has spent the majority of his adult life in positions of sports management and has said he at times had to use his own money to help cricketers. So I ask, how would a man like this end up allowing the WIPA to enter into such a contentious agreement with the WICB?

Wavell Hinds
Wavell was an ardent supporter of the WIPA when he was a player. He was the ringleader in encouraging players to strike before that Test match in Guyana against SA (the one where Shiv made a double and Wavell may have made a double also), so how on earth did Wavell not understand how the people who were his former teammates take the agreement he entered into with the WICB?

Folks the aforementioned 3 people should be performing a lot better than they are. Why then are their performances disappointing, is it that we expected too much, is it that we were fooled into thinking there was more to them than there really is or is it that they are so hungry for power that they would sacrifice their integrity.

And finally, if these guys are representative of us (all of us from the Caribbean & Guyana), does that mean that the majority of us would behave the same way they are behaving? And if yes, are we effed for life (no question mark).

Larr Pullo 2015-02-21 15:46:56 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Disappointed in Josh, that one so young would sell out himself so soon in his life. And for nothing more than a fancy cell phone too...

Wavell was always a skunt....

black 2015-02-21 15:47:52 

In reply to HumbleCalf

the one who used the JCA credit card to pay for his Burger King meals

Supersize?

SpudsMcKenzie 2015-02-21 16:19:28 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Maaaaaaan....shut yuh skunt.

Yuh wanna talk bout INTEGRITY.

Have some balls and go talk to Arafact fuh the insult he threw at non Caucasian-looking jamaicans.

He'll tell u he wasjoking or some skunt no doubt, but at least u would have called him out.

Maaan...haul yuh rass!

HYMC!

@RMc@

powen001 2015-02-21 16:36:09 

In reply to Larr Pullo

lol lol lol lol

Wait...wait...you disappointed in JOSH...for getting more than you did under the HHGS sell out that you were

Now that I have amended what you REALLY wanted to say...carry on.

The Behaviour is not localized and exclusive to OUR people as this thread suggests...it only speaks to mans nature to chase after fluff and temporary things...not counting the real costs to their souls.

yall can bank on that as closest to the truth...if truth matters anymore of course.

HumbleCalf 2015-02-21 16:51:49 

In reply to SpudsMcKenzie

Yuh likkle licky licky rass is compromised so I unnastand.

sudden 2015-02-21 16:59:30 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Address the substance of Spuds's post and quit the ad hominem remarks

HumbleCalf 2015-02-21 17:07:40 

In reply to sudden

lol lol
Look, Spuds is trying to derail the thread in support of his touring buddy.

This thread is about US as a people and I man is wondering if any of us have integrity or are we all Joshs and NDs.

sudden 2015-02-21 17:28:33 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Just fuh one post try answering him so you can show our people some integrity

SamlordPirate 2015-02-21 17:33:18 

Wait all dem is Jamaicans?

confused rolleyes

O well

HumbleCalf 2015-02-21 17:43:53 

In reply to SamlordPirate

lol lol

Focus nuh man and stop the parochial business...

SpudsMcKenzie 2015-02-21 22:30:45 

In reply to sudden

Sudden...in all seriousness, have u seen a bigger display of pantymanism on this board from these big and bad jamaicans.

Arafact fcuk dem up, and all uh dem run wid dem tails between dem legs.

Its PATHETIC!

I doan wanna hear anything bout racism in America or against Obama from any of these wimps.

What a ting, eh?

If it weren't so pathetic it would be funny.

PHEW!

@RMc@

HumbleCalf 2015-02-21 23:07:22 

Homie, if Arawak, as a Yardman sey whatever 'im sey, 'im have a very good reason to say it.

Yuh si, we naah fite wid wi own (unless we have very good reason), but yuh being a part of that tribalist society would not unnastan dat.

SpudsMcKenzie 2015-02-21 23:22:18 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Yuh si, we naah fite wid wi own

Yes, Jackass... sure you dont. You just slaughter your own... wid the highest murder rate in the universe.

Sure yuh doan fite yuh own.....maaan, u are pathetic.

Yuh doan fite yuh own, right?

Dat is why Arafact boasting bout he father marrying NOT ONE OF ALLYUH OWN... but instead a Canadian.

Then he throw it in yuh face, and u bend over and tek a buggering....and yuh keep quiet... not a peep outta you. It hurt too bad, eh?

Use vaseline next time, Asshole.

WHEW!!

Get the fcuk outta here, half-eediat.

You are hereby dismissed......permanently!

@RMc@

HumbleCalf 2015-02-21 23:52:17 

Now that I am rid of yuh likkle mawga, ugly, bruk dung rass, me and the decent posters can get back to the substance of the original post.

Run along...

JOJO 2015-02-22 00:14:08 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Why do you think this is an issue of integrity? Because you do not agree with their actions and associations? One thing about this region (at least, to a greater extent than many other places), is that we are quick to label those we do not agree with as "sell outs" or perceive every conflict or disagreement as an issue of "respect".

It is always so much easier to sit on the sidelines, see everything that is wrong and present pie-in-the-sky solutions.

Josh cares enough and has the balls to do what most of us will not--he is getting involved. That is the ONLY way one can effect change. The fact that you not agree with him does not make him a sellout or one lacking integrity.

As to the actions of WIPA: if you think beyond the interests of the CURRENT international players and consider regional players and the future viability of the game in the region, would your POV be the same?

Perhaps Wavell and Newdread really do care about the game in the region and want to see it succeed. Again, they are getting involved.

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 00:29:50 

In reply to JOJO

Integrity speaks to fairness and uprightness. I imagine there could be disagreements between reasonable people as to the fairness of some actions but when you consider what Josh is doing I do not see how a reasonable person could consider his action as being upright. Cameron has been suspect before he assumed the presidency of the WICB and that has not changed. Cameron's handling of the India tour and his new role of Executive President should inform Josh that this is not a person to be associated with. Additionally, when you consider the "no confidence" document that Josh signed on to, you can see clearly that Josh and co are reaching and you see the underhanded way they are fighting to keep Cameron in his current role.

If you know Cameron is bad for WICB, why fight to keep him in place.

WIPA
The question is not if the ultimate end result is right - that's not the issue. For what it's worth, I agree with the intent. The issue is that the way it was done was clearly unfair and honesty was clearly not an ingredient in the actions of the leadership of the WIPA.

Lastly, getting involved is great, but if we continue to have people without integrity involved we will forever mired in mediocrity.

JOJO 2015-02-22 01:10:19 

In reply to HumbleCalf

If you know Cameron is bad for WICB, why fight to keep him in place

Bad for WICB? You mean the same way that Hunte and Hilaire were bad for WICB? And Ken Gordon? And Rousseau? And Captain Peter Short?

So because YOU believe that Cameron is bad for WICB, does that mean that Josh lacks integrity for being associated with him?

Regarding WIPA's actions: A difficult decision (where people would have to give up something now to benefit others now or in the future) requires the suspension of fairness. It is crude; it is harsh...but it is that simple.

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 01:31:08 

In reply to JOJO

In my mind it's not a mere matter of opinion - it is clear he is bad for WICB. I gave you reasons earlier. Ever wonder why no Jamaican (except maybe Horseman) has voiced support for Cameron and I am going waay back now?

When you throw in that line about all those guys were bad for the WICB, you are going off track.

Regarding your last point, I like it - may use it later...but, let's be clear that the suspension of fairness is a suspension of integrity.

Larr Pullo 2015-02-22 02:45:20 

In reply to JOJO

Are you saying that Cameron is GOOD for WI cricket?

camos 2015-02-22 09:37:44 

In reply to JOJO

Josh cares enough and has the balls to do what most of us will not--he is getting involved. That is the ONLY way one can effect change

You don't have to be part of the organization to effect change,often times being a member silence people. How often we see useful proposals from sitting board members?

Commie 2015-02-22 10:12:34 

In reply to camos

Josh is involved. You are not.

Simples.

JOJO 2015-02-22 10:36:05 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Are you saying that Cameron is GOOD for WI cricket?

Where am I making such a suggestion?

Do you agree with many of the posters here, that Lloyd lacks integrity? Therefore, do all the people associated with him also lack integrity?

Commie 2015-02-22 10:38:44 

In reply to JOJO

The argument is never sustainable when you dig into it.

Arawak 2015-02-22 10:46:13 

Have some balls and go talk to Arafact fuh the insult he threw at non Caucasian-looking jamaicans.

This is not even remotely what I said, and certainly not what I intended.

I have tolerated your jackassery for years, but enough is enough. I'll put up with your spiteful innuendo, but that is just plain a malicious lie.

Get out of my house, and don't come back. This time you will not be able to go groveling back to Ryan begging for reinstatement. I'm done with you.

Arawak

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 10:55:12 

In reply to Arawak

Raasta, yuh si what a mean. Man trying to get me to say shite 'bout Arawak and now Arawak fact he up.

Nuh ban 'im Wackie, di facter needs this MB to survive. I is afraid if yuh ban 'im dat will hasten his departure from this earth plus that fcater is good to have to kick around from time to time.

Sudden, I hope yuh learning!!

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 10:57:48 

In reply to Commie

Josh is involved. You are not.

Apart from possibly being a statement of fact, what other purpose does that statement serve?

I would say some people have the good sense to NOT get involved and some people do NOT.

Josh's actions lack integrity...that is simple.

sudden 2015-02-22 11:00:38 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Wait... Yuh get Spuds ban?

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 11:01:23 

In reply to JOJO

Therefore, do all the people associated with him also lack integrity?

Your arguments have been solid boss...let's keep it that way. The above statement is inconsistent with that standard.

Obviously no one is saying what you are asking. I am saying that Josh, Hall & Wavell have shown a deficit in integrity. And given that we "knew" them (the 1st 2) from here, I am wondering if we ALL are the same?

Commie 2015-02-22 11:03:14 

In reply to HumbleCalf

On what basis does it lack integrity?

You know the guy? You know his reasons?

Is that even logical to assume that you are right.

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 11:03:33 

In reply to sudden

That would be you. It was you who gave him life with that comment. I would say he got himself banned but he is not responsible for what he says so I hexcuse 'im.

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 11:05:56 

In reply to Commie

I already gave you reasons - lack of fairness and lack of uprightness. That's what constitutes lack f integrity.

I already said this is not a mere matter of opinion.

Commie 2015-02-22 11:08:07 

In reply to HumbleCalf

But you don't know Joshua reasons and noone has heard from Newdread.

As much as I find the whole thing amusing I don't see where I can place integrity.

Some people on here are looking for villains and heroes when in general it really never works so.

hubert 2015-02-22 11:16:36 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Spuds banned ? I hope not. Spuds is special on here.

jacksprat 2015-02-22 11:18:36 

In reply to hubert

Freedom of the Press/Speech, brother!

Those who own the Press/Microphone are free to make the rules!

sudden 2015-02-22 11:18:44 

In reply to hubert

Humble got him banned

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 11:18:55 

In reply to hubert

Dat Sudden is the one who pushed Spuds in the fire.

Larr Pullo 2015-02-22 11:19:34 

How about a disciplinary board appearance for Spuds?

sudden 2015-02-22 11:22:05 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Just like how yuh called my name wrt Southie when you know full well um is your fault

Larr Pullo 2015-02-22 11:23:27 

So what happened here? You turn away for a moment and all hell breaks loose.... lol lol lol

hubert 2015-02-22 11:23:45 

In reply to Sudden and HumbleCalf
I know Spuds was pushing against Wackie but I was hoping he would let it go and others including like meself would not be goaded to respond.

I will miss that Guy.One of my favs on this MB.
Shame on you Humble if Sudden's assertion is true
sad

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 11:26:45 

In reply to Commie

Home, I respect your adherence to due process.

To be clear this thread s not about finding villains and heroes, this is about exploring how we are as a people. If I accept Powen's take as similar to your take and as representative of what folks here think, we are all likely to act without integrity to grab some power or whatever it is we are after.

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 11:29:39 

In reply to hubert

Nahh, just read the thread and it will be clear what happened.

Larr Pullo 2015-02-22 11:31:18 

In reply to HumbleCalf

I think your question is very relevant seeing what is going on in WI cricket. Vote for Dave Cameron because he is one of us, rather on whether he is competent enough to run a regional institution has really lowered the bar far lower than it has ever been lowered before.

hubert 2015-02-22 11:32:43 

In reply to Larr Pullo
Fi real. Like the Jamaica batting,,blink and they all out for squat..But it looks like Humble and Sudden play some part in getting Spuds hitting across the line

sad

Commie 2015-02-22 11:35:02 

In reply to HumbleCalf

There isn't any we in this.

I'm fascinated as to what you call integrity.

sudden 2015-02-22 11:39:07 

In reply to hubert

To be fair to Humble it is not only this thread, Spuds has been asking and posting the same question to other JAs

hubert 2015-02-22 11:44:41 

In reply to sudden
True. He even called out names including Ewart and meself. But when it comes to racial issues the sensitivity too high and I don't venture except in context and when in the backroom.

I will miss Spuds here more than most. He was(is) good for any MB and no worse than any of us.

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 11:46:56 

In reply to Commie

Lack of integrity does not mean that the person is despicable.

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 11:53:55 

In reply to sudden

So seriously, I did not know he was going around trying to provoke anti Arawak comments.

I saw the comment from Arawak but while it raised my eyebrows, I thought it was just phrased poorly.

Now back to MB mode.

Commie 2015-02-22 11:54:58 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Its a political process isn't it?

There is electioneering and there is governance.

Tell me. In the reign of Portia Simpson Miller have there been occasions to question her and her Governments way of handling both?

Let us repeat. It is a political process and Joshua is involved and most of us on here are not.

Talking about integrity is a cop out for the real issue, which is that most of the people on this forum, including myself don't have time or the gumption to be involved at the association and governance level.

I sponsor the sport and help youth players but I have no desire to be part of what is typically a dog eat dog world.

Just like in conventional politics you can't run an organisation over the Internet or calling radio stations.

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 12:07:51 

In reply to Commie

So you are saying that given it's a political process we should not expect much by way of integrity - fair enough. I understand that once you decide to play in that arena then the rules are different and the integrity bar for the normal peeps is much lower for folks in a political setting.

Ummmm.

Baje 2015-02-22 12:09:50 

In reply to sudden

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 12:10:43 

In reply to Baje

lol lol lol

And then Spuds was energized!!

Commie 2015-02-22 12:11:59 

In reply to HumbleCalf

No..I am saying that integrity isn't the issue, but lack of involvement is.

Most Caribbean people have little involvement in local cricket associations etc.

For that I have to applaud Jamaican Josh.

Get involved or take what you get.

Baje 2015-02-22 12:16:58 

In reply to HumbleCalf

This thread is about US as a people and I man is wondering if any of us have integrity or are we all Joshs and NDs.

I don't know where you get this opinion that Josh was fair unbiased..etc. Josh was always very biased and supported questionable positions. What Josh did well, was to do research to support his position, skipped the research that didn't agree with his position. However he was always polite and respectful and deserves respect.

I support Cameron presidency. I believe the Pybus plan will work and improve our cricket. Cameron has thrown his full support behind Pybus and he is not easily swayed by public opinion. Yes Cameron is immature and an embarrassment. However that is easily remedied by keeping his mouth shut. I am willing to give him 5 more years in the hope that our cricket will have recovered from years of neglect and give our players the tools they need in order to compete.

FuzzyWuzzy 2015-02-22 12:20:01 

In reply to Commie

Getting involved is a good thing because you have a better chance of effecting change from on the inside.

However if your involvement helps to perpetuate a bad thing then it can be questioned

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 12:20:57 

In reply to Commie

I got that part - you have been saying that for a while now. But, I am addressing my integrity issue.

I do not know that I disagree with "get involved or take what you get". Such is life.

sudden 2015-02-22 12:21:38 

In reply to Baje

You are as bajan as ToldUso

FuzzyWuzzy 2015-02-22 12:22:04 

In reply to Baje

Fair. But how you are going to keep his mouth shut?

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 12:25:10 

In reply to Baje

Fair enough, like the thought process - highlighting the conflicts - in arriving at your position.

sudden 2015-02-22 12:25:18 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

No it is not. It presupposes that Garner would go in a different direction or would talk indiscriminately like Cameron and that Pybus's plan is the right one and will work

Commie 2015-02-22 12:26:32 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Getting involved also allows you to have a better informed opinion and a reason to drive advocacy.

ponderiver 2015-02-22 12:28:00 

This thread has legs it could be our first truth and reconciliation thread a seminal moment in the history of cc.com

of course as the season of house cleaning approaches,spring,it could have unintended consequences,wackie might have just wielded his broom, though it looks more like a surgical strike.... nice work sudden big grin big grin big grin big grin

FuzzyWuzzy 2015-02-22 12:29:25 

In reply to sudden

No . It says he likes the plan and thinks it's workable given time but thinks Cameron has to be muzzled

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 12:30:44 

In reply to ponderiver

nice work sudden

Yuh see it tuh. Yuh and Baje stop it! Sudden is pure rass trouble.

sudden 2015-02-22 12:31:11 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

So Garner will not support Pybus's plan? Is Pybus's plan the correct one for the region? Will it work?

FuzzyWuzzy 2015-02-22 12:35:38 

In reply to sudden

I only attempted to simplify Baje's post. Not sayingi agree. I dont have the details to make a ccomment

sudden 2015-02-22 12:36:46 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Neither does he. It is his opinion. Has no foundation or at least he did not lay one.

nick2020 2015-02-22 14:31:05 

The premise of this is horribly flawed.

Being a traitor, sell out, Judas, or Benedict Arnold is not simply about changing a stance; it is about your motives.

I am sure Josh did not change his tune for a cell phone like Larr is proposing. And Josh was honest and upfront to say that there is a conflict of interest now. He could have hidden that until he was exposed in the JCA corruption fiasco.

If what Wavell did was so wrong then why was he re-elected by the players? Why did some of the Bajan players run to get representation? Why did Samuels say what he said?

JayMor 2015-02-22 15:20:15 

In reply to nick2020

So you did find the thread, eh? Good.

--Æ.

Baje 2015-02-22 15:48:56 

In reply to sudden

No it is not. It presupposes that Garner would go in a different direction or would talk indiscriminately like Cameron and that Pybus's plan is the right one and will work

I am not certain where Garner is going after reading his manifesto. It seems rather vague. I would be surprised to hear Bird talk the foolishness Cameron is talking. I have known Bird since late 70's. He has visited her home on several occasions and there are family and BCA ties.I do not know that Pybus's plan will work.

I am simply saying that I like Pybus's plan and that Cameron's supports it and that the plan will continue as long as Cameron remains in control.

Baje 2015-02-22 15:50:44 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Fair. But how you are going to keep his mouth shut?

Dats where Josh comes in.

ponderiver 2015-02-22 16:15:27 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Sudden is pure rass trouble.

sly sudden pushed the buttons then watched from the sidelines as gramps self destructed.

worst of all .. this unceremonious dumping of damaged goods ..... here it is fuh those who missed it
Get out of my house, and don't come back. This time you will not be able to go groveling back to Ryan begging for reinstatement. I'm done with you
did not elicit a suitable response of contrition or sympathy from the goader

Maispwi 2015-02-22 16:51:22 

In reply to Commie

Getting involved also allows you to have a better informed opinion and a reason to drive advocacy.

Did you say dat wid a straight face? Have you ever tried to get into any sporting orgamisation in the region and tried to challenge the status quo on your own?

Commie 2015-02-22 17:01:37 

In reply to Maispwi

Bro..read carefully.

I wasn't even dealing with the ultimate challenge.

When you involved you get the real story and you have real reason for advocacy.

Its the same as politics.

camos 2015-02-22 17:10:51 

In reply to Maispwi

man let Commie continue with his simplistic view, remember men in Guyana were living in fear after challenging the incumbent board?

Commie 2015-02-22 17:15:14 

In reply to camos

And still Jamaican Josh is doing far more for cricket in this region than for example you or I, simply by being part of the cricket association and voting.

You can disagree with his voting but you are doing nothing typing nonsense on here.

camos 2015-02-22 17:20:51 

In reply to Commie
at least I am doing no damage!

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 17:22:19 

In reply to Commie

You seem to believe doing something is always better than doing nothing. While it may be intuitive, there are times when doing nothing is better.

Commie 2015-02-22 17:28:54 

In reply to HumbleCalf

That would be the logical conclusion for you, committed as you are to doing nothing. I have no issue with that.

I know many people who have persuasive arguments about not voting in elections and the futility of elections yet getting out the vote was as critical to Obama as it was to Danzil Douglas.

Note that Switzerland scarcely applied a moral bias to the war, because they stayed out. They had no high ground.

HumbleCalf 2015-02-22 17:31:16 

In reply to Commie

That would be the logical conclusion for you, committed as you are to doing nothing.

Yuh lick hot bway!
lol

sudden 2015-02-22 17:32:36 

In reply to Commie

Right all the while Switzerland financed most of the modern day wars and were mercenaries in the not so new ones. Try another example

Commie 2015-02-22 17:38:18 

In reply to sudden

Yet Switzerland denied both Allied and Nazi forces refuge.

And equally they said nowt about the war.

Financing aspects of the war was scarcely a surprise given that even the US funded the Germans as long as there was capital incentive.

This is a cricket message board. It has served to disseminate information but in a political process which the elections are it really is powerless.

If CC advocated for readers by island to get involved with their local associations as a matter of active advocacy I'd understand, but it doesn't.

This is a talkshop.

sudden 2015-02-22 17:42:51 

In reply to Commie

More a comic centre or stress buster big grin

Commie 2015-02-22 17:59:04 

In reply to sudden

Half the time they stress out themselves.

ponderiver 2015-02-24 22:14:16 

this thread deserves a bump ,it was the catalyst for the banishment of Gramps. What has been overlooked,was the part Sudden played in his demise.

Headley 2015-02-24 23:22:25 

In reply to ponderiver

Yuh notice? He got rid of Southie and now Spuds - purpose work (Bajan idiom). lol

ponderiver 2015-02-25 01:17:55 

In reply to Headley

Notice?? It is screaming at mi yes boss slippery sudden the suckup who kills you. The least he could do is feign contrition and tek a sabbatical. Not our boy, bright as a button he is out there on the prowl seeking another victim big grin

HumbleCalf 2015-02-25 14:40:35 

In reply to ponderiver

Looks like Sudden is avoiding you!!! He is crafty bad.

Star 2015-02-25 20:39:50 

In reply to Arawak

Get out of my house, and don't come back. This time you will not be able to go groveling back to Ryan begging for reinstatement. I'm done with you.

You are seen as an individual with intellect and it baffles me as to why you would ban Spuds for posting the above statement

I would think that an argument can be made that a reference to the name "Arafact" is not a direct reference to your pseudonym.

I agree that stating a falsehood against another poster is solid grounds for removing that individual's posting privilege but people of higher intellect as you are should not fall into the trap of questionable judgement.

For instance, suppose I wanted to state a falsehood about Larr but used the pseudonym "Parr", could I be held accountable?

Legally, the answer is no. It is also wrong to associate "Arafact" with your pseudonym.

It is therefore a personal issue in banning Spuds and not a sound judgement associated with a person of your intellect.

Having said all that, this is your board so you can ban whoever you want to but constantly banning people who make this board interesting can also make it boring.

POINT 2015-02-26 01:42:01 

In reply to HumbleCalf

Honesty ; Truth ; Fairness ; are components
of Integrity . Those lacking any of these qualities can be described as lacking Integrity .

Now for a long time the WICB has lacked integrity . So also have their many friends in the Media , who view their role as being Pit Bulls for the WICB , by attacking the Players , while saying little about those in the governance of Cricket in the Region .

The fact that Wavell Hinds was reelected
President of WIPA " UNANIMOUSLY " is meaningless because his integrity has been called into question regarding the Contract Issue with the Players who went to India .

It is quite possible that Cameron ; the Board & Hinds hatched a plot to split the
Members of WIPA into two Camps , the Regional Players & the Senior Players who have now lost their clout ,by the sheer numeric numbers of the Regional Players .

This is precisely why I stated in this Forum roughly 2 -3 weeks ago that the Senior Players needed to opt out of WIPA , because they are always going to be out voted ,by the Regional Players .

In some aspects , their interests converge
with the Regional Players & Diverge in other interests . My take is that the Senior Players need to collectively get Legal representation which will have more clout ,rather than individual representation .

Now the fact that the WICB is tardy regarding giving the Players their Contracts in a timely manner , a fact that the WICB'S Task Force stated , informs me
that the WICB lacked integrity but then that aint nothing new .

The Sports Reporters bluntly refuse to cite things like this ; and therefore have no Integrity , in my opinion .

Commissioning Reports , and then summarily
discarding them displays not only a lack Integrity , but fraudulence .

My belief is that the lack of integrity by people is mainly due to their self interest , & self preservation , these are
the main catalysts that makes them lose their Integrity . More than likely , these
are people who not only have power ; but are making sure that their power is never
diluted .

Those in the governance of Cricket in the Region are Classic examples of what I am
stating . They also have a lot of assistance in achieving their goals , from
their many friends in the Sports Media .

TheTrail 2015-03-03 13:10:16 

This time you will not be able to go groveling back to Ryan begging for reinstatement.

Oh damn!!

johndom90 2015-03-03 18:14:25 

In reply to Star
said all that, this is your board so you can ban whoever you want

Correct is right....baffles me why individuals persist within this environment. How different is this mboard. From the WICB not a dog bark modus operandi.....and in that context, it is amusing to see the daily villification of the WICB.

Spuds was banned for making and milking a 800lb inference. In defence of the other party....he made no mention of race.....but nationality....one could say that the race might be blue yellow black or green and difficult to project....for all you know the party may have been adopted causing even more discrepancy. cool......im jusy saying ...... closed sstatements could be more open ended tthan expected.......

POINT 2015-03-04 09:14:18 

I am still awaiting responses from the Apologists of the Worst International Cricket Board in the World aka the WICB ;
regarding the unholy alliance between the Board ; Cameron & Wavell Hinds , in their diabolical plot to split WIPA into two
Camps , with the Regional Players being in
control of WIPA due to having more members
in this status that the Senior Members .

The Cleverness of Cameron , the Board & Hinds has only been put to use to ensure that the Status Quo remains intact & undiluted .

My perspective is that in improvement in Regional Cricket & our International Team
being fully competitive in the International Cricket Arena is DEAD , due to the myopic view of all of the above .

I have no doubt that very soon the Senior
Players are going to be put out to pasture . This pattern will again be repeated , when those who are going to replace the Senior Players themselves become Senior Players .

Folks it is all about reducing Players Salaries , getting rid of the Senior Players would help in achieving that goal . This is why I have in this Forum advocated that the current Senior Players
need to opt out of WIPA , be represented collectively by a Person , or an Entity .

Cleg 2015-03-04 09:35:14 

In reply to POINT

I stated in this Forum roughly 2 -3 weeks ago that the Senior Players needed to opt out of WIPA ,

HEAR!HEAR!

POINT 2015-03-04 17:28:21 

In reply to Cleg

Thanks ,

the fact is the Senior Players are from here on in , going to be outvoted at every twist & turn .

In another post I stated that the interest of the Senior Players & the Regional Players
both converge & diverge .Since that is the
case as I stated , the Senior Players must leave WIPA , and get a real sharp shooter
or an Entity of real sharp shooters to represent them collectively .