The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Webster: BCCI wants Cameron voted out

Real-cricket 2015-03-04 19:36:31 

Link Text

“I think the Indians are going to insist on getting their money and I don’t think they are backing down from that .Cameron is not the most popular person in India .I don’t think he understood the culture of the Asian people,” said Webster.

“You don’t embarrass the Asians and make them lose face and expect them to support you and I would say he is probably the most unpopular West Indian in India at the moment although he thinks that he is one of the most popular”.

Drapsey 2015-03-04 19:39:50 

In reply to Real-cricket

That's all we need, farriners telling us who to 'elect' to office and when.

Chrissy won't allow any such thing.

cherri 2015-03-04 19:48:24 

In reply to Drapsey

I am not sure they want to tell us who to elect, but if one should read between the lines one would see that it would be easier for the windies and their troubles if India doan have to deal with the arrogance of J'ca Dave..........if you know the relationship between the two boards you would want him gone too......he came and trampled all over an ideal arrangement.........and playing bad bout it too..........

don1 2015-03-04 19:59:29 

In reply to Drapsey

I'm not backing one candidate or the other, but India has no business and should have no influence in who is leading cricket in at another board.

Are they going to treat us differently depending on who is the leader?

That's a dangerous precedent to set.

doublecentury 2015-03-04 20:14:58 

Don't be foolish...they are not telling us who to elect and have no more say in the matter than say West Indies cricket supporters,.

But they are saying Jamaican Dave is an arrogant useless skunk, and they will teach him a lesson.

If we had sense we would elect a diplomat who could placate the powerful BCCI and secure our future.

That's obvious to me.

jacksprat 2015-03-04 20:17:13 

In reply to Drapsey

That's all we need, farriners telling us who to 'elect' to office and when.

I think precedent already exists where the Indian tried to strong-armed the South Africa cricket board into ditching a leader the Indians didn't like.

imusic 2015-03-04 20:19:14 

In reply to Real-cricket

That was clear from the get go

Commie 2015-03-04 20:21:14 

Whole heap of bs.

Instead of creating a credible platform these peeps are fear mongering like some right-winger worried about whether the US will like their new elected PM.

sheesh.

Kay 2015-03-04 20:33:52 

In reply to Real-cricket

I think the Indians are going to insist on getting their money and I don’t think they are backing down from that .Cameron is not the most popular person in India .I don’t think he understood the culture of the Asian people,” said Webster.

I think he is shooting a load of agenda driven crap. Cut to the chase Mr. Webster and say who you think you would like to see replace Dave...

cherri 2015-03-04 20:43:53 

In reply to Kay

Why do you feel he is shooting agenda driven crap....if you were following the bassa bassa, you would see that the Indian Board got a serious problem with the President of the WICB, and at every turn named him as the chief culprit.......only a few days ago they even went so far as to say that the problem being experienced in India could have been worked out with the senior west indies players......but yuh know what, shit happens, and a bunch of shit happened in India, now the Indians playing cowboy and crook wid we, and da goat standing at the entrance of the OK Coral...........by Monday the Injuns gine got dey skunt before somebody to talk bout money.........somebody better tell the mafia boss that money talks, and the load of bs he passing off does walk..........

don1 2015-03-04 20:46:11 

Remember Dave backed India publicly when they were seeking votes to form the big three, and gain more revenue. Now, when they have a disagreement it cannot be resolved without getting rid of him?

As far as I am concerned they us a favour for voting for them getting the bulk of cricket's control and money.

Again I'm not backing any candidate, but I hope none of this is true. India does not get involved in the affairs of another board.

JOJO 2015-03-04 20:51:35 

In reply to don1

India has no business and should have no influence in who is leading cricket in at another board.

Are they going to treat us differently depending on who is the leader?

That's a dangerous precedent to set.

Endorsed. It is that simple. I said that much a few months ago.

gvenkat 2015-03-04 20:56:19 

Beggars cannot be choosers. BCCI forced Haroon Lorgat out of office. Who is Dave Cameron. WICB can mend relationships by ousting Dave for a start.

Commie 2015-03-04 20:57:38 

In reply to don1

These people are blinded by their dislike.

Look, many of the same people bawling now were bawling about Hunte.

Now Ramnarine on twitter opining that Hunte be sent to meet the Indians to smooth things over.

In the end its politics. Some of the proletariat on here who always bawling about undue interference in the internal governance of our countries now want WI cricket to be guided by what the BCCI think.

You live to see everything.

camos 2015-03-04 20:59:19 

In reply to cherri

so you really think if they the Indian, get a likeable guy ,they are going to let $42 million go away?

cherri 2015-03-04 20:59:23 

In reply to don1

He backed them as you say because he is aware of the relationship between the two Boards, the relationship was always good, like a former cricketer stated, the Indians have not forgotten that when they were floundering in the early days of their cricket the west indies used to go there on tours to help them out, they also have not forgotten that the West indies cast the important vote when they were bidding to host the WC, so Cameron knew that if he got into bed with the BCCI the affair could be profitable, that is why he took them for granted and made some moves that the people ent take too kindly ......yuh doan bite the hand that does feed yuh, and that is exactly what the godfather did, and then showed serious disrespect to the people, it should be a way that he alone had to pay the money.......,..........foolie.....

Commie 2015-03-04 20:59:47 

In reply to gvenkat

Like all things in life that too shall pass.

cherri 2015-03-04 21:02:27 

In reply to camos

From the beginning, all the Indians wanted to do was talk.....from the beginning all Cameron had to do was show up in India, a presence was required and he chose to go to Dubai instead, that pissed off the men in the worst way.........right now the Indians saying, anybody but J'ca Dave..........if you become President they would treat you with more respect than they showing to him.......

imusic 2015-03-04 21:09:28 

India is TRYING it's darndest to do us a favor and STILL some peeps 'ead tuff

Oh well. Who doh 'ear gine feel.

imusic 2015-03-04 21:11:00 

Some of the proletariat on here who always bawling about undue interference in the internal governance of our countries now want WI cricket to be guided by what the BCCI think.

You live to see everything.

On de oddah hand....some peeps jes love de perks dat come along with havin a padnah in power

Commie 2015-03-04 21:17:35 

In reply to imusic

What perks?

Listening to Chrissy bleat on and on about one conspiracy theory to another?

imusic 2015-03-04 21:18:31 

In reply to Commie

lol

cherri 2015-03-04 21:19:53 

In reply to imusic

And that is what have us in this deep dodo we in......a friend with a friend in power getting together to play robin hood and his merry men.........

Commie 2015-03-04 21:25:50 

In reply to cherri

Actually...not at all.

What got everyone in trouble was the fact that everyone wanted to drop the hammer on uglyman as they called him even when he came back to run because a set of the same people who bawling now decided to stay in the shadows and encouraged him to break his stance of stepping down.

In the end they even make the man look like he was some greedy ingrate.

And now here we are.

ponderiver 2015-03-04 21:29:08 

Lord help us ,snake oil salesman Rudi, batting fuh di Presi in waiting, what a load of psychological bs

first Wes, now Rudi, I am surprised they haven't quoted the views of the indian bookies, who must have lost a shed load of rupees, following the abandonment of the tour rolleyes rolleyes

should the West Indies beat India in the upcoming world cup match ,woe betide our board razz

Dizzy 2015-03-04 21:32:15 

In reply to cherri

Wasn't it the same Cameron who backed India to destroy the FTP and not tour South Africa, and gad the West Indies visit for Tendulkar's farewell?

cherri 2015-03-04 21:34:51 

In reply to ponderiver

Bah humbug.......India gine come hard at the windies, once upon a time, the Indians would take this game easy and help we ease into the quarters, not now boss......gloves on and men coming out swinging.........the Indians gine try to break all the records they could break at our expense.....

Ewart 2015-03-04 21:36:50 

In reply to JOJO

Co-sign. If this has any smidgen of truth in it we must understand it is no longer a matter of Dave Cameron or any other personality.

//

cherri 2015-03-04 21:43:33 

In reply to Dizzy

When you know what waiting for you at the end of the rainbow, you would do what yuh have to do.....but he tek he arrogance too far, and now he paying the price fuh he stupidity, when yuh have a fren wid power, yuh does play de game.......a wise man can play a fools part, but a fool can only be a fool........which you think you Pres. is............

imusic 2015-03-04 22:53:41 

In reply to Ewart

we must understand it is no longer a matter of Dave Cameron

It's ALL about Cameron. Don't kid yourself

imusic 2015-03-04 22:54:52 

In reply to cherri

.which you think you Pres. is.

de yardies does call it fool fool cool

But watch how dey does operate. Dey good at circlin de wagons

osrlive 2015-03-05 08:38:12 

that's easy, BCCI can "sponsor" the TnT & muddies board; Cameron gone. big grin

Kay 2015-03-05 08:46:06 

I can't believe what i am reading here. Why should any cricket board surrender to the mercy of the BCCI? If Cameron needs to be replaced then it should be by the common sense of the West Indian people and the power vested in their individual boards and not from pressure from India.

India is now holding a hammer over your collective heads for what.... money? Let it go people... don't allow yourselves to be forever enslaved for a price of $42M. This is not about Cameron anymore but the ultimate wielding of super power...

Commie 2015-03-05 08:56:13 

The irony of this all.

Same set of people always posting about how CIA and US capitalists fork up this govt and that govt.

natty_forever 2015-03-05 09:54:16 

In reply to ponderiver

should the West Indies beat India in the upcoming world cup match ,woe betide our board
... was thinking the same thing.

natty_forever 2015-03-05 09:54:52 

In reply to Commie... especially your paadie ... courtesie

natty_forever 2015-03-05 09:57:05 

In reply to imusic...

But watch how dey does operate. Dey good at circlin de wagons
... I'll be watching.

tc1 2015-03-05 13:16:06 

In reply to natty_forever

great minds think alike

lol lol lol lol

Tryangle 2015-03-05 13:44:06 

Personally, I think BCCI should be focusing more on stamping out corruption and match-fixing allegations within their own borders.

However BCCI is now the godhead of the ICC (thanks in part to the WICB approving the takeover in the first place) so I wouldn't be surprised if the opinion of India's taken into account by the voters sad

doublecentury 2015-03-05 13:48:18 

In reply to Tryangle

All six voters?

Scar 2015-03-05 18:17:34 

In reply to Commie Says it all! Hunte was disliked more for what? Pettiness and petty lies but that's a West Indian way. WI like the Middle East is not a nation and so the wars over dominance/power and favoritism etc will continue