The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Lara's Commentating....

WestDem 2015-03-26 13:11:16 

Don't have a problem with how he sound but I have to question his professionalism...I was disappointed in two of his respones to de odda commentators...

1: After they showed a clip of the WI collapse against OZ, he said that is one game he don't want to remember and then he commented on the game and saind he wanted to ask Richie Richardson why he was not out in such a close game!!! I find that tacky and selfish!

2: After the crowd of 42,6?? was announced, he responded with.."If this was the Caribbean, 10,000 addistional fans would be unaccounted for"...this comment on the global scale does not reflect good on the Caribbean People....

Am I the only person heard this?

gvenkat 2015-03-26 13:14:18 

In reply to WestDem

I heard both lol lol lol

Dan_De_Lyan 2015-03-26 13:23:40 

In reply to WestDem

Lara's Cling-on coming for you big grin

Reason I dont like to promote cricketer into position they have no business being in.

Lara would make a terrible cricket Coach because of his narcissistic tendency.

He is a good Jumpy batsman

WestDem 2015-03-26 13:29:26 

In reply to gvenkat

What do you think of his comments?

WestDem 2015-03-26 13:30:38 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

Let dem come nah....ah want dem defend how a so called great still have gunny sack fuh his former team mates and can dis de whole Caribbean like dat?

gvenkat 2015-03-26 13:41:07 

In reply to WestDem

He speaks well. . A little too frank in my opinion smile I like him if he provides more technical insights

Gun_Play 2015-03-26 13:56:15 

In reply to WestDem

I thought his comment about the game WI lost was inappropriate.

The second one I thought he was just trying to be funny. Saw nothing wrong with that one.

anandgb 2015-03-26 13:59:05 

In reply to Gun_Play

I agree.

But we all know there was no love lost between him and Richie.

Lara reminds me of Viv; blunt and to the point. He is there to give his view point, so nothing wrong with that.

bobby 2015-03-26 14:00:57 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan
So what's the issue? Lara is a little country boy from a small island who happened to have been a genius with a bat. He is not a brain surgeon.
If you want to make him your role model then suck it up.
You want to hear real crap. Listen to the politicians who lead our countries and whom we elect.
You should be more concerned about them.
Why do we have different standards?

Dan_De_Lyan 2015-03-26 14:21:25 

In reply to bobby

If you want to make him your role model then suck it up.

Where did you get that I want him as a role model?

Are we talking about Lara Exclusively ? where did the politician come from?

Entertainer 2015-03-26 15:03:16 

I'm one of Lara's biggest fans but listening to him last night was painful . Heard the Richardson comment and that was totally uncalled for.

ProWI 2015-03-26 15:24:30 

Well, I was not too impressed by his commentating. He was certainly no Ian Bishop in his insightfulness nor with his analytical skills, but I attributed it to being his international debut and, being less than comfortable and self-assured in the booth.

It was his international commentating debut, wasn't it? Except for the occasional and often casual visit to answer a few questions directed his way, I have never seen nor heard him as a regular commentator.

He knows his cricket, so with time he can improve, I hope.

Narper 2015-03-26 15:27:46 

In reply to gvenkat

Harsha Bhogle has serious crush on Lara

He loves de trini accent

wink

Narper 2015-03-26 15:32:17 

In reply to anandgb

Lara reminds me of Viv; blunt and to the point. He is there to give his view point, so nothing wrong with that

I enjoyed listening to Lara last night.

Looking forward to listening to him more often

gvenkat 2015-03-26 15:59:09 

In reply to anandgb

Lara reminds me of Viv; blunt and to the point. He is there to give his view point, so nothing wrong with that.

That's how I like it. But these fools nowadays with a mike talk lot of nonsense and cliches.

WestDem 2015-03-26 16:01:05 

In reply to Narper

As soon as you and Anand leff fuh bed, dem OZ wickets started falling like nine pins but allyuh already did de damage... lol lol

bobby 2015-03-26 16:10:12 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan
I am saying what is the issue with Lara? Why is what he says a big thing? Why do we expect earth shattering gems of wisdom? His claim to fame is that he was a great batsman. Full stop.
Be more concerned about the crap that comes out of the mouths of your elected leaders?

WestDem 2015-03-26 16:12:56 

In reply to bobby

Why don't you go in the facking backroom and start a thread about de politicans them that fcuking yuh and leave this thread fuh what it was started for, aite!

allan 2015-03-26 16:17:28 

In reply to Entertainer

he was horrible..
his voice was so girlie and he sounded bitter ( Richardson comment).. Come on man let it go... that twit..

Emir 2015-03-26 17:51:17 

In reply to WestDem

Warne, Gangulay, Dravid, Lara, Hussein- made for a fantastic commentary team.

Warne and Sourav listen attentively when Brian was speaking and what he said about Richardson was magnificent- millions of WI fans the world over, have that very same question for Richie that has been left unanswered by Richie. When Brain made that comment, Sourav and Warne was all ears and nodding in agreement.

For WI fans, it brought closure to that terrible day,

StumpCam 2015-03-26 18:03:05 

In reply to WestDem

Actually, I thought he sounded very good and even-keeled in his commentary!
Regarding the 96WC, it is what it is....no fuss! That was the first WC I watch on TV. The only thing worst than that was the 83WC loss to India! wink

anandgb 2015-03-26 18:10:21 

In reply to WestDem

As soon as you and Anand leff fuh bed, dem OZ wickets started falling like nine pins but allyuh already did de damage... lol lol
lol lol lol

cricketest 2015-03-26 20:30:13 

was Lara doing commentary or was he a color analyst???

Dan_De_Lyan 2015-03-26 21:35:28 

In reply to cricketest

was Lara doing commentary or was he a color analyst???

more or less.

more like: Commentary analyst for Coloring with crayons in a cricketing setting. wink

voiceofreason 2015-03-26 22:11:03 

In reply to WestDem

I thought that his comment on Richie was spiteful as it was distasteful and really displayed that despite his genius with the bat that he comes off as divisive.

Halliwell 2015-03-27 04:46:25 

I enjoyed the honesty thoroughly and I'm not surprised by the list of objectors to honesty

Probably grates against the hierarchical WICB set up

Dan_De_Lyan 2015-03-27 07:46:21 

In reply to voiceofreason

I thought that his comment on Richie was spiteful as it was distasteful and really displayed that despite his genius with the bat that he comes off as divisive

At this point, one would think he has gotten sophisticated. Imagine how divisive he was in his playing days. He had his moment in WI cricket. Overall WI did not Gain, Lara did at the expense of quite a few

WestDem 2015-03-27 09:11:08 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

At this point, one would think he has gotten sophisticated. Imagine how divisive he was in his playing days. He had his moment in WI cricket. Overall WI did not Gain, Lara did at the expense of quite a few

I can name a few dat suffer from de divisivness.....yuh know of one Carl Hooper?

Dan_De_Lyan 2015-03-27 17:15:30 

In reply to WestDem

I can name a few dat suffer from de divisiveness.....yuh know of one Carl Hooper?

I ran into Jacobs(keeper) and his wife at the airport.

After some casual conversation, I was surprised how bad it was from what he told us.

this is how important he is

Pacy 2015-03-27 23:58:45 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

funny part is that, when Rideley says it is fact. Recently Ritchie some not so good things about Lara and it is a fact. Hooper said something and that is taken and run as a fact.

BUt When Lara says a fact why is it divisiveness and not the others?

Dan_De_Lyan 2015-03-28 11:15:21 

In reply to Pacy

do you see a pattern?

a hypothesis might be the order of the day. perhaps

dax 2015-03-28 11:26:39 

In reply to WestDem

Give the man some time. He will smooth it out.

He is quite bright and he will pick and choose his comments as he gets more experience on this stage.

Dan_De_Lyan 2015-03-28 12:09:16 

In reply to dax

Nobody said no to lara.
Too many enablers around him due to his batting.
He is the micheal jackson of cricket. Too big for rules.

Now we are expecting a prim and propper after the formative years were squandered with enabled ill behavior.