The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The only reason Otis is working with England

Kurt 2015-03-27 14:37:03 

... is to assist the Poms in deriving plans to exploit the technical weaknesses of the WI batsmen.

Notice that his appointment is on a short-term basis only.

A generation ago Gibson would have been looked upon as a traitor. However, times have most definitely changed and it's all about cashing in and "eat a food". I can't say I really can blame him.

Commie 2015-03-27 14:50:35 

In reply to Kurt

Intelligence to exploit WI batsmen ? smile

You can do better.

navindesigns 2015-03-27 14:51:45 

let eng hire me
i can tell them how to get each and every one of our batsman out in one day or less

imusic 2015-03-27 15:02:09 

In reply to Kurt

The only reason Otis is working with England

Is because he's a damn good bowling coach. FULL STOP

doublecentury 2015-03-27 15:09:12 

When you fire a man you expect him to remain loyal and not take any other job?

As for secret strategies to get West Indies batsmen out I can tell them that....just bowl to them and see what happens.

defeyeant 2015-03-27 15:21:51 

so he not good enough to continue coaching Windies but we dont want he coach England eidda? Wha if he so piss poor as many in here said when he was our coach I would assume we would be cheering on the fact that England hired him.

cherri 2015-03-27 15:42:06 

In reply to Kurt

MOOOOO.....a whole heap uh bull shit again........

CricketFan 2015-03-27 15:54:01 

In reply to imusic

If he is dam good bowling coach, how many good fast bowlers he produced when he West Indies coach, why did he hire amborse as bowling consultant

Scar 2015-03-27 16:26:59 

In reply to CricketFan

Because he was the head coach. As with fitbakl the head coach hires 4 defensive coaches and about 3 offensive ones with a play caller called offensive coordinator. Now if you are a top QB turned coach why bother to hire a play caller. Likewise defensively?
If you ars a CEO who rose up the ranks why bother to hire a President and so on. If you are POTUS, why do you need a Secratary of everything?

jacksprat 2015-03-27 16:47:51 

What special insight will Gibson provide to the England bowlers to exploit the technical weakness of the West Indies batsmen?

For free, even I could most of the West Indies batsmen are suspect to teh cricket ball!!!

camos 2015-03-27 17:04:23 

In reply to Kurt

WICB did not insert a noncompete clause in Otis contract?

imusic 2015-03-27 17:22:05 

In reply to CricketFan

Seems to me that our bowlers performed much better under Otis than under previous coaches and since.

I'm not an Otis Gibson cheerleader but I'll give credit where due and he improved our bowling department.

Our bowlers bowled more consistent lines and seemed to be more disciplined under Otis. Just my opinion

allan 2015-03-27 17:25:53 

In reply to camos

that's restriction of trade.. mate.. that's lawsuit stuff

Narper 2015-03-27 17:32:14 

In reply to imusic

Is because he's a damn good bowling coach. FULL STOP

Based on what?

Very recently OPiss trained England bowlers for WC 2015....what did the English bowlers do?

What did Sarwan et al do to England on their 2009 tour to the WI....and who was de English bowling coach then? Didn't Shiv retire the great Harmison ( OPiss pride) with an unprecedented assault?

As KP said...OPiss is a lap top coach....and one who only passed coaching exams...that which impress de English

carl0002 2015-03-27 17:33:31 

I think Skurt should take another break from the mb.

Commie 2015-03-27 17:35:38 

The good old Otis Gibson hate parade continues.

Gibson is a boss bowling coach who never has issues finding work.

Most of the coaches who have floundered with WI have been good at what they do, before and after WI. Just not during.

conman 2015-03-27 17:35:47 

In reply to Narper

Did you miss that whole period when England where destroying every team they played against? Or u rather talk about shyte from 6 yrs ago?

Narper 2015-03-27 17:39:04 

In reply to conman

Did you miss that whole period when England where destroying every team they played against?

Provide the evidence

BtW...OPiss became WI coach 5 years ago...so what effin period you talking about?

Or u rather talk about shyte from 6 yrs ago?

Didn't Sarwan make 3 tons (plus a 94)with a HS of 291 against the hapless English bowling attack? Then followed up with another ton in England....Is dat shyte in yuh dumb mind?

No wonder OPiss used his position as big Cahuna coach to destroy Sarwan

Kurt 2015-03-27 20:16:46 

In reply to imusic

If he's so good, why didn't the Poms offer him a long term contract?

Why sign him up just for this one particular tour?

camos 2015-03-27 20:30:33 

[b]In reply to allan[/b

]that's restriction of trade.. mate..

how ?you not stopping him from coaching, just should not be allowed to do so against you, for two or so years!

Pacy 2015-03-27 23:55:18 

In reply to Commie

Gibson is a boss bowling coach who never has issues finding work.

He should have stuck with his strength. That is where he messed up everything

XDFIX 2015-03-28 00:18:44 

The British wasting money!,

nissan 2015-03-28 07:03:58 

In reply to defeyeant

so he not good enough to continue coaching Windies but we dont want he coach England eidda? Wha if he so piss poor as many in here said when he was our coach I would assume we would be cheering on the fact that England hired him.

Now that one person's "piss" has proven to be another person's "El Dorado", some hand wringing gine on.

This board is bare sport then lol

bobby 2015-03-28 08:58:14 

In reply to Kurt
Listen Opiss is an Englishman. He has always been. His heart was never in the West Indies job. What he always wanted is the England job but he recognised and recognises that he will never get it. He took the WI job hoping that it would give him the credentials to then apply for the England job. Poor Opiss.

Halliwell 2015-03-28 09:05:31 

They gave him a lil end for a lil tour
He would be mad not to take this and get a chance to laff at all his detractors
It's like those remoras.

cherri 2015-03-28 09:31:04 

In reply to bobby

What de fcuk you know bout Otis boss....you got anything to back up that ig'runt fucking statement you made there?, for the fact that all he wanted to do was coach the west indies( which has proven to be the worst decision he ever made) he would have been in the English set-up for a long time)...I getting sick wid wunna and wunna nastiness......attack one of mine and yuh attack me......

Admin....I want a few posts...........with no threats of banning or anything so,(should I decide to respond to anyone) cause these fcukers now caying the joke too far.........

twisted twisted evil evil twisted evil

camos 2015-03-28 09:41:40 

In reply to cherri

baby! avoid the personal threads.

Poggy 2015-03-28 10:10:59 

In reply to CricketFan

If he is dam good bowling coach, how many good fast bowlers he produced when he West Indies coach

Do you know windies players have a history of taking advice from local coaches..
Like it or not, check he English bowlers performance during his tenure and after he left.
As a head coach he sucks but can't fault him in that dept

Commie 2015-03-28 10:30:16 

In reply to camos

Who the hell you calling baby...cool

Cherri do right to slap bobby in his gums. He too fast.

uton 2015-03-28 10:42:37 

In reply to cherri

Admin....I want a few posts...........with no threats of banning or anything so,(should I decide to respond to anyone) cause these fuckers now caying the joke too far.........

You have free rein to let loose.

bobby 2015-03-28 11:12:13 

In reply to cherri
Opiss is your man. Why are you so angry? Truth hurts. Poor Opiss.

camos 2015-03-28 11:13:14 

In reply to Commie

she can't talk for herself?

Commie 2015-03-28 11:18:24 

cherri...

Let beastly bobby from berbice have it.

Walco 2015-03-28 11:26:48 

In reply to cherri

Ms Cleo don't have nothing on certain peeps on here. Next up will be readings from bobby and openning on what's in the hearts of Phil Simmons, Ambi, Richie, Cameron and Pybus. Stay tuned smile

Walco 2015-03-28 11:31:49 

In reply to Commie

beastly bobby from berbice

Didn't know where bobby was from, but now I get it. He still has not gotten over the perceived wrongs Otis meted out to Shiv and Ronnie. That kinda hatred not healthy.

Commie 2015-03-28 11:47:42 

In reply to Walco

Actually I just jested. Other than knowing he lives in Antigua I dont know much about him other than his perverse negativity.

Otis started things that needed support from the WICB. Many people complain about the WICB viz a vis players, but the general board often undermines its own staff and coaches when it comes to player initiatives. It has for YEARS.

And guess what. The WICB will turn on Pybus eventually too.

TheTrail 2015-03-28 11:53:26 

No wonder OPiss used his position as big Cahuna coach to destroy Sarwan

I thought it was Bennett King and Lara who destroyed Starwan's confidence...

Walco 2015-03-28 12:31:34 

In reply to Commie

The WICB will turn on Pybus eventually too.

That's already started. I don't expect his contract to be renewed.

natty_forever 2015-03-28 12:44:29 

In reply to Commie

but the general board often undermines its own staff and coaches when it comes to player initiatives.
... and this is why I nuh like them.

Yes I have my favourite players, but discipline is discipline, as long as it is transparent and doesn't smack of victimisation.