The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The greatest time of our lives- Martin Crowe

BCL_LEGEND 2015-03-27 21:36:57 

This is such a beautiful article. I love reading Martin Crowe's articles. Very articulate.It is very sad that he is suffering from terminal cancer. I hope the NZ team makes his wish come true.
I also wish him best of luck and hope he keeps on this brave fight going.
Link Text

doosra 2015-03-28 17:12:01 

In reply to BCL_LEGEND

a great writer. i feel for him and his family

voiceofreason 2015-03-28 18:10:39 

In reply to doosra

Truly sad and touching story. I hope NZD wins this for Martin but based on his article in his mind they have already won regardless of the result.

I saw him with the shaved head and just thought well he shaved it as he was balding not realizing that the was experiencing the struggle of his life.

Wish him the best.

doosra 2015-03-28 19:03:44 

In reply to voiceofreason

he's been with it for a number of years...sad man.
that's life eh
that's what it really comes down to

OZGOD 2015-03-29 08:40:58 

He doesn't have long to go unfortunately. If there's one thing I'm sad about OZ winning the WC is that NZ winning would have been a fantastic present for Martin.

bimbo 2015-03-29 09:07:06 

In reply to BCL_LEGEND

Wow. It is sad but the reality is something will take out all of us one day. One of my wish is to see West Cricket get back strong before I go.

One of the saddest moment for me was seeing a good friend of mine die a few months before Brian Lara broke the world record for the first time. He was such a Lara fan and predicted he would have broken Sobers record but he never lived to see it.