The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Invisible man sabotaged by Windwards?

Larr Pullo 2015-03-28 11:22:29 

Seems like someone wasn't happy with his success...

Forgotten again...

Commie 2015-03-28 11:28:30 

In reply to Larr Pullo

See the poster Veridical make his POINT ? big grin

Larr Pullo 2015-03-28 11:31:21 

In reply to Commie

Which poster? smile

Strange how he was treated this season though. For a bowler who was a certainty on any Windwaird team, he makes the WI team and all of a sudden starts being dropped from the lineup for games.

I think they need to move the Sebo's now. They've been entrenched too long.

Larr Pullo 2015-03-28 11:33:15 

In reply to Commie

Ahhh I see what you mean. Same MO. Start ranting on one thing then just say eff it all and get ALL his rants in.... lol lol lol lol

Commie 2015-03-28 11:43:25 

In reply to Larr Pullo

The problem is that Peters is unfortunately going to have to be part of of the casualties in the next two seasons or so. I would still of course have him in the team but its time for the next generation of players fullstop. But its time Liam goes into a support staff role IMO.

Theophile captained Windwards to an EASY win in the game in Trinidad.

Here

The difficulty is that you have a next generation of ex Windward U19 players who are in the EXACT same position Peters and Devon were in, when they came back from WI u19 duties.

They need to play, but like Butler and Olanzo Jackson and Rawl Lewis back then...players need to be moved on. To make things more difficult, the players are now getting a salary, so shifting them on will be even more difficult.

Btw...Shane should also be 'retired'.

robbo 2015-03-28 12:27:16 

Commie

Talking of ex U19 WI cricketers..albeit a recent one...

Is there any news on the young pacer Ray Jordan ?.....is his action beyond 'rescue ' ?

Narper 2015-03-28 13:53:56 

In reply to Larr Pullo
Seriously...this guy is not getting a fair chance

jen 2015-03-28 14:06:15 

In reply to Larr Pullo

im not sure about the super 50, but his ommission from the recent 4 day games was nothing to do with the sebo's. He was carrying a niggle but the news never made the press. For once I bailing out the Sebo's, but this maybe the last time. lol lol lol

He shoulda been in the test 20 though.

coddy 2015-03-28 16:42:33 

In reply to jen

Can someone please explain how you can 're-build' a team by picking a 33 yr old ??? confused confused confused

Should have played after impressing on A Team tour to England (Devon & Peters stood out)....but his ship sailed by years ago now!

Commie 2015-03-28 19:23:54 

In reply to robbo

Jordan is still being worked on. He has to bowl match conditions for it to stick.

There is a very quick Grenadian, Josh Thomas, I hope he comes through.

Also both Cottoy and Keswick Williams should be in that team.

Time will tell.

robbo 2015-03-28 19:40:46 

In reply to Commie

Thanks.

I was wondering how he was going...I think he had some tests done in Australia ?... I hope Jordan does manage to come through this although I'm afraid im always a bit pessimistic about bowlers remodelling their actions and their ability to 'come back' as good (or in his case potentially as good) as before.

Good to hear that there are some (hopefully) genuinely promising youngsters about !

Commie 2015-03-28 20:22:17 

In reply to robbo

Its going to be tough given his age.

There are lots of young players.

The issue we have is the usual bunching of players. Now that fc players are getting paid its going to be more difficult getting players to move on.

Besar 2015-03-29 00:49:40 

In reply to Larr Pullo

http://thevincentian.com/vincentian-players-under-friendly-fire-p7626-139.htm