The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

RADICAL CHANGE ....

ellisstreet 2015-04-18 21:38:15 

Jermaine Blackwood batted with the disregard for conventional technique of a man in the last over of a T20 run chase in charging down the pitch and trying to slog through midwicket

But Samuels' failure is more troubling. He had already survived a missed stumping opportunity after attempting a repeat of a lofted drive that carried for six off James Tredwell. So to continue to bat in such loose style was something of a dereliction of duty from a team perspective

To Samuels' credit, he apologised to the team in the dressing room

RAMDIN
"It was important we set up the game in the first hour. We needed not to lose early wickets. But it didn't go as well as we planned. The guys apologised to the team for it."

Star 2015-04-19 10:20:09 

In reply to ellisstreet
Blackwood is new to the big stage and still learning.

His indiscretion was due more to exuberance and overconfidence than anything else. He is still young and he was thinking like all young people of today do. I am infallible, I can win this game. He will mature and his thought process will change with age and proper guidance.

Samuels on the other hand is another story. He is not coachable anymore. I am calling it here and now. If he makes the same silly batting mistakes again, even if he scores some runs, he will be gone for good.

Mature players must learn to follow simple instructions. If you lose your wicket to a good delivery playing for a draw, then so be it. You are given a reprieve.

Ray123 2015-04-19 13:06:03 

Agreed.

ellisstreet 2015-04-19 13:23:16 

In reply to Star

Samuels on the other hand is another story. He is not coachable anymore. I am calling it here and now. If he makes the same silly batting mistakes again, even if he scores some runs, he will be gone for good.

But he did the unthinkable ... he apologised to the team!

Star 2015-04-19 16:24:48 

In reply to ellisstreet

But he did the unthinkable ... he apologised to the team!

That is a good sign but enough is enough.

Cannot continue allowing Samuels to do things his own way. He must be a team player.