The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Holding says the big three has hijacked the game

Narper 2015-07-29 12:25:38 

Holding critical of 'Big Three'

Michael Holding has accused the "Big Three" countries at the ICC of "highjacking the game" for their own interest.

Holding, talking at the premier of the documentary, Death of a Gentleman, criticised the boards of India, England and Australia for taking an increased percentage of the international game's profits and stated that he "did not see how it could be healthy for the game".

Holding, the former West Indies fast bowler and previously a member of the ICC's Cricket Committee, said: "How can three countries think it is fair to take more money out of the game? Their percentage has increased.

"They think of the betterment of themselves only. The rest of the world is there to be used."

Holding

Kay 2015-07-29 12:35:00 

"How can three countries think it is fair to take more money out of the game? Their percentage has increased.

Duh!!! Just as how the top 10% of the people in the world are more wealthy than the other 90%. Maybe they too are using the 90%ers.... smile

rillo 2015-07-29 13:29:23 

In reply to Narper

And the mighty WI Board who can only bully their own players did whaat?

POINT 2015-07-29 14:31:56 

In reply to rillo

The ICC does not give a Damn about
good governance by its member Boards ,
I decided to call it the International
Cricket Cabal , from the time England ,Australia , and India decided they
must get the Lion share .

The BUMS in the International Cricket Cabal do not give a blasted Damn regarding what the WICB does .

They do not give a damn about Cricket in the Region , frankly I am of the
opinion , that because they refused to make the Worst International Cricket Board in the World , aka the WICB exercise good governance :

THEY HAVE ALLOWED THE WICB TO BECOME

A ROGUE CRICKET BOARD , FREE TO DO

WHATEVER IT WANTS ; THIS IS

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE .

Holding is correct , but you aint going to find Tony Becca ; Tony Cozier ; Fazeer Mohammad et al echo
what Holding has stated .

Commie 2015-07-29 15:34:50 

In reply to Kay

Its amazing what you get when you extrapolate that argument.

When 15 players say they should get the majority of all money, because the other 90 players in our fc cricket dont amount to much, then you get a good picture of how everyone is pretty much saying the same thing when it is decoded.

Neoliberals the lot of them big grin

Controversy 2015-07-29 15:38:17 

In reply to Commie

would you pay lebron james the same salary as a player off the bench???

the best players should get the most, when these other players prove themselves then they can demand more..

rillo 2015-07-29 15:58:59 

In reply to Commie

So the 100 plus who did not make d squad should get equal amount.
So u r saying you should get the same salary as d owner of your company?
Some of you all real mad yes.

rillo 2015-07-29 16:01:50 

In reply to POINT

Yes it is true but they all stood there Pakistan, WI, SA,BANGLA and said nothing.

Let the three of them play with themselves only. The other 6 should form their own league.
Invite other minnows to join and go play with their own bat and ball.

Commie 2015-07-29 16:30:12 

In reply to Controversy

Lebron James is an all world who has led his team to the pinnacle and carried others on their backs.

The fact remains that these players are mediocre and are best only by dint of having years and years of constant selection and in some cases hundreds of ODIS to ply their mediocre wares in front of the world.

They have improved nothing but their bank balances and should be put out to pasture.

POINT 2015-07-29 16:51:38 

In reply to rillo

I hear you and I agree with You , the problem is that our Team is a Bottom Dweller , therefore the WICB aint in no position to call any shots .

It is quite possible that if our Team was in the top four , the WICB would
have been in a position to say something . But that aint the case .

Those in the governance of Cricket in the Region , are only interested in two things as I have stated before .
The first is that the Structure of
Cricket in the Region never ever changes . Why ?? They believe that
if that is done , they will lose their Power .

They believe that it will be the end of the World if any of the power that
they currently have is ever diluted .
Absolutely nothing else matters to them .

They are just there marking time with the hope & expectation that magically
one fine day or Players will become the best in the world .

But I have Bad News for them , that day aint ever going to come , but Hell , they and only they are endowed with brains , to understand Cricket .

Commie 2015-07-29 16:52:17 

In reply to rillo

So the 100 plus who did not make d squad should get equal amount.

Nope. Just that they should get a bigger share than current. The WICB should have put the retained players on performance packages. They still get the meat but not like 86%.

So u r saying you should get the same salary as d owner of your company?

In my case yes. In their case no.

Hope that is clear.

WestDem 2015-07-29 16:59:08 

In reply to POINT

The ICC does not give a Damn about
good governance by its member Boards ,
I decided to call it the International
Cricket Cabal , from the time England ,Australia , and India decided they
must get the Lion share .

So yuh see dat de WICB is juss anodda link in dis never ending chain....

ICC is de same as de Member Boards and de Member Boards are the same as the Regional Boards...De Regional Boards are de same as the County/Island Boards....The County/Island Boards are the same as the Parishes/District Boards....The Parishes/District Boards is de same as the Villages/Town Boards and so on.....yuh get my drift though! lol lol lol

POINT 2015-07-29 17:01:40 

I find it very amusing that the Players are described as being Mediocre , Now if WE accept that
assertion , the those in the governance of Cricket in the Region are a complete Disaster .

Let me again state a freaking fact
that has seemingly escaped those in the governance of Cricket in the Region and their Supporters in this Forum who apparently have a vested interest to come here to defend them and bash the Players .

CRICKET IS A VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS

THAT REQUIRES THE BUSINESS OF CRICKET

BE TREATED VERY SERIOUSLY .

The History of Cricket in the Region
is replete with instances of Poor
Judgement ; lack of Business Acumen ;
Incompetence ; Ineptness ; and Stupidity , by those in the governance of Cricket in the Region .

But yet their Yahoos keep braying about the Players are mediocre . As
far as I am aware , if our Players
are playing less Cricket than teams
ranked higher than them , including
Bangladesh , the chances of them winning a Series against Teams ranked above our Team ,is currently about
5% .

I am not gloating or proud about stating this , I will always be a staunch Supporter of our Players ;
however I believe in reality .

Ask those who are the Choir Boys for those in the governance of Cricket in the Region in the Region , what responsibility do those in the governance of Cricket in the Region
have in making our Players fully competitive ??????????????????????

They continue robotically being critical only of the Players .You would think that it is the Players , who deal with Pitches ; the duration
of matches ; the duration of Camps & warm up matches .

These are very critical factors in
Cricket , if the Players were responsible for these things I would be very critical of them . But they are not responsible for them .

Controversy 2015-07-29 17:25:23 

In reply to Commie

mediocre???

you have to be joking... post their stats compared to the other players you think are special talents please...

POINT 2015-07-29 17:33:59 

In reply to Controversy

Like I said some people have a vested interest , that compels them to come here and defend the Indefensible .

Emir 2015-07-29 17:56:21 

In reply to rillo

Yes it is true but they all stood there Pakistan, WI, SA,BANGLA and said nothing.

Let the three of them play with themselves only. The other 6 should form their own league.
Invite other minnows to join and go play with their own bat and ball.

Not true, South Africa stood up strong, hoping the others will follow, Pakistan then seemed to have joined them but then backed away quickly. The others, including the WICB, which still views the ECB as their as a father figure, remained silent.

Once SF realized what was happening, they reluctantly changed course.

Commie 2015-07-29 20:31:23 

In reply to Controversy

Lookup the word mediocre. You need to learn a bit.

POINT 2015-07-29 22:37:32 

In reply to Controversy

The Questions that they will never ever answer is this :

1 .WHEN DID THEY REALIZE THAT OUR

PLAYERS ARE MEDIOCRE ???????????

2. WHAT WAS DONE TO ASSIST THEM IN

IMPROVING THEIR ABILITIES ?????

3. IS THE STANDARD OF CRICKET IN

THE REGION AT A LEVEL TO ENSURE

THAT OUR PLAYERS CAN WIN A

SERIES AGAINST THE 3 TEAMS

RANKED ABOVE OUR TEAM ??????

Hell just stating that our Players
are Mediocre , without citing reasons , why they are described as being mediocre is insufficient .

Tell us why they are mediocre . It
would also be informative to state
what must be done to make our Players
fully competitive .

Controversy 2015-07-30 00:01:33 

In reply to Commie

I'm much more intelligent than you are sir..

When I ask you to post facts, you deflect and ask me to look up a word that I know very well, because it can be attributed to your homeboys in power currently.

If you have any courage you will prove why these players are mediocre in regards to the other players in the region.. If you say they are mediocre compared to other international players, point out what format and compare stats..

Otherwise you're just blowing hot air and deflecting because you cannot prove your point and debate a topic, so you resort to deflecting..

Kay 2015-07-30 10:47:50 

In reply to Controversy

If you have any courage you will prove why these players are mediocre in regards to the other players in the region..

Here is some logic for you. On a scale of 1-10, 3 is higher than 2 hence 3 is better but they are both mediocre since anything under 5 is considered mediocre..... get it now?

rillo 2015-07-30 11:04:07 

In reply to Emir

my bad. SA did make some noise but WI TUCKED THEIR TAILS WAY UP BETWEEN THEIR LEGS.

Controversy 2015-07-30 11:31:05 

In reply to Kay

You demonstrated that you can count.... Good for you, you pass form 1

Now how about you explain why these players are mediocre.. With stats and facts and stop wasting my time..

imusic 2015-07-30 13:24:37 

the big three have

powen001 2015-07-30 23:45:41 

In reply to Commie

They have improved nothing but their bank balances and should be put out to pasture.

The stats will prove you wrong and the prices they attract to play in several leagues...albeit only in the format that is making real money calls you sadly mistaken here.

That they are getting paid is a good measure to knowing their value.

no world class sportsman should be beggy beggy in this day and age...especially when those same top entities willing to pay them big bucks.

is jealous yuh jealous?

ponderiver 2015-07-31 04:45:50 

In reply to powen001

Him nuh jealous , mek a break it down for you
Despite his education and bank balance compared to some.
He is afflicted by the curse of the dotties a chip on both shoulders.
He seeks to deflect with his version of inverted snobbery .it falls flat as he is as transparent as a sieve.

Popcorn time now, comeen C army!!! razz razz razz

Courtesy 2015-07-31 08:32:41 

In reply to ponderiver

Him nuh jealous , mek a break it down for you
Despite his education and bank balance compared to some.
He is afflicted by the curse of the dotties a chip on both shoulders.
He seeks to deflect with his version of inverted snobbery .it falls flat as he is as transparent as a sieve.

Popcorn time now, comeen C army!!!

I will join you Pondie to assert that at the moment West Indies cricketers are excellent by world standards.

How about that? How can this statement be refuted?

I dare anyone to challenge us (Pondie and myself) on this...our criteria is the ICC individual and collective rankings in all three formats.

No need to reinvent the wheel here...well, unless we can develop better criteria or we chose to quote Chrissy's "we suck."

Wha yu say Pondie?

JOJO 2015-07-31 08:43:57 

In reply to imusic

the big three have

Not so fast. Context.

Discourse 2015-07-31 08:53:45 

In reply to Controversy

COMMIE: "The fact remains that these players are mediocre"

as a result of,

POINT: "those in the governance of Cricket in the Region are a complete Disaster"

What is the 'controversy'???

POINT 2015-08-02 11:25:50 

In reply to Discourse

Unfortunately , stating that our Players are mediocre , this then begs
the question : WHY ARE OUR PLAYERS
MEDIOCRE ???????????????????????

Those in the governance of Cricket in the Region are a disaster , because it
is their responsibility to ensure
that our Players are fully competitive in the International Cricket Arena .

Now when the Pitches are not properly
prepared ; Our Players are playing less Cricket than their counterparts
on teams ranked above our Team ;
Having a one week camp , & one Warm up match ,with the full knowledge that our Players play less Cricket than most other Teams , is Asinine,
and that is putting in mildly .

It is very clear that the needless battles those in the governance of Cricket in the Region have with its
Employees just before or at the start of Tours is the height of Stupidity .

It informs me , at least , that by doing this, the Players cannot be in a good frame of mind to be fully competitive in the International Cricket Arena .

So when I consider all these things ,
the only conclusion I can reasonably
arrive at , is that those in the governance of Cricket in the Region , are a Complete Disaster .