The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Another Jackass Blames the Players

Emir 2015-07-30 22:37:54 

With Jackasses like these small wonder why we keep regressing.

Notice, only the players are to be blamed- it is only a bat and ball problem affecting WI.

Link Text

powen001 2015-07-30 23:25:30 

In reply to Emir

Findlay said the problem lies in the amount of technical faults and flaws with which Wets Indies cricketers enter international cricket.

and these players that full of flaws are completely 100% in charge and actually picked themselves...

no need to go any further.

Maispwi 2015-07-31 06:39:22 

In reply to Emir

You read dat article and came away wid de author assigning blame?

Drapsey 2015-07-31 06:47:53 

Those jackasses.

How could they leave the faultless Bravo and Pollard, and waste their picks on the likes of the fault-full Dowrich, Hope, Blackwood, etc.

They deserve all the flack directed their way.

Maispwi 2015-07-31 06:51:08 

In reply to powen001

Really? You sucking up to Emir or wat?

He also said dis

Findlay said the technical issues needed to be targeted at the primary school level more than the secondary school level, way before players reach the under-15 and under-19 stages.

Larr Pullo 2015-07-31 07:13:05 

In reply to Maispwi

You didn't read that Powen said "no need to go any further"?

Powen's lips perpetually shaped in an O so he could suck something. smile

Cheeks 2015-07-31 07:16:47 

In reply to Maispwi

Powen probably eh even read di ting.

Even if he did...he eh get it and as usual just needs somebody else's opinion to latch on to..once it's in a certain general direction.

Childlike really.

Emir 2015-07-31 07:39:36 

In reply to Maispwi

Show me where we lambasted the real culprit- the WICB- he started off accusing the players.

Point is right about you guys, coming in here to blame the players while turing a blind eye to the main culprit.

FuzzyWuzzy 2015-07-31 07:50:42 

In reply to Emir

Your bias is clear. Findlay's points are valid. Even with a more inept board talented players to us to dominance.

FuzzyWuzzy 2015-07-31 07:52:25 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Man oh man! Yuh packing a huge punch. Oh gawsh! big grin

StumpCam 2015-07-31 08:05:09 

In reply to Maispwi

Findlay said the technical issues needed to be targeted at the primary school level more than the secondary school level, way before players reach the under-15 and under-19 stages.

Agreed with this 100%. Most of our players DO NOT know how to play straight. Most of the time they're trying to play the ball square of the wicket. I would hire Hoops to coach at the Under-15 level.

Courtesy 2015-07-31 08:07:56 

In reply to powen001

Findlay:

But the former West Indies wicketkeeper said the region has not systematically addressed the bowling and batting flaws.

Powen for once, let's have an honest discussion. Give me your take on what Findlay is saying here?

Keep it pithy though...three decent sentences on point will do.

LBW375 2015-07-31 09:48:54 

In reply to StumpCam

The same Hoops who averaged 30 sinting over his entire career? shock

jacksprat 2015-07-31 09:51:33 

In reply to LBW375

Some of the greatest coaches were mediocre players.

LBW375 2015-07-31 10:00:57 

Blow everything out of proportion. Everything Findlay says is absolutely correct.

He said "it is the West Indies fault" and "we have ourselves to blame "that encapsulates everyone, including himself.

"The region has not addressed the teams batting and bowling flaws" and "these problems need to be tackled from the primary school level"

Only idiots will read this and interpret it as blaming the players.

Maispwi 2015-07-31 17:33:18 

In reply to Emir

The man made a number of factual statements as well as a suggestion for a way forward.

Wat he did not add was dat de best coaches shud be the ones to nurture those young minds.

Cheeks 2015-08-01 11:36:36 

In reply to LBW375

Only idiots will read this and interpret it as blaming the players.

Well...ahmmmmmm.

Courtesy 2015-08-01 11:45:43 

In reply to Cheeks

Well...ahmmmmmm.

I say...Pow! Pow! Pow! ...when will he learn?

lol lol lol

Cheeks 2015-08-01 12:00:25 

In reply to Courtesy

I hope soon...but I suspect never.

Maispwi 2015-08-01 14:03:53 

In reply to Cheeks

Allyu run Powen. Not nice

Emir 2015-08-02 09:55:28 

In reply to Cheeks

Like the idiots mainly responsible for the death of WI cricket?

It is only b/c of people like you, those in Governance can stay in power- I feel only pity, when your type cannot assign blame to higher authorities first, it goes back to blaming workers, and the ironic thing is, I bet you are in the "worker" classification.

I pity you.

Cheeks 2015-08-02 12:08:14 

In reply to Emir

Look...yuh eh read the article properly...and yuh get Powen to agree wid you (which should be a warning in the first place smile )

Cut yuh losses and run.

Courtesy 2015-08-02 12:21:18 

In reply to Cheeks

Look...yuh eh read the article properly...and yuh get Powen to agree wid you (which should be a warning in the first place smile )

Cut yuh losses and run.

lol lol lol

Arab leaders have a tough time with the english language. Spare a thought for De Emir.

powen001 2015-08-02 12:23:33 

In reply to Courtesy

then re read what I typed.

and this time ...THINK it through...aint lowering my standards to play to a gallery.

After all that was said..THE PLAYERS DONT PICK THEMSELVES IN SPITE OF THE OBVIOUS ISSUES NOT BEING ADDRESSED.

Now you got a clue...apply it.

all for now.

Cheeks 2015-08-02 12:24:01 

In reply to Courtesy

Arab leaders have a tough time with the english language. Spare a thought for De Emir.

big grin big grin

Emir 2015-08-02 13:42:04 

In reply to Courtesy

Arab leaders have a tough time with the english language. Spare a thought for De Emir

Ok, I'll take it as your attempt as a harmless joke, but know once its repeated more than once it then becomes an ethnic slur. I am sure you don't like ethnic slurs- we have too many thrown at African Americans in this country.

Scar 2015-08-02 13:47:39 

Findley flawed with the bat and as a selector now talking bout those same flaws.
big grin big grin

Courtesy 2015-08-02 14:09:50 

In reply to powen001

You are one arse.

Powen, the lead sentence in any story (article) will set the tone and direction of the write up. It can stand on its own and sets the direction...what follows the lead is usually supporting evidence and other details.

If you can comprehend the lead sentence half of you job is done.

What was said (quoted) to back up the lead sentence is pellucidly clear...i.e. the systemic failings of Caribbean cricket. :"...the region has not systematically addressed the bowling and batting flaws".

The REGION Mr. Findkay said...all concerned have failed...from the WICB right down across the spectrum. In other words the "Caribbean team" responsible for the development of the game is at fault.

You have just proven how much of a skunt and a dunce you are by your last post with your comment that "players don't pick themselves inspite of the obvious issues not being addressed".

What does your vomitus above have to do with Mr. Findlay's assertions that "the core of the problem is we are not doing the fundamentals stuff correctly" and no part of the entire "Caribbean team" is blameless in that regard.

If the players picked themselves would it solve the problems highlighted by Mike? You shunt.

Don't bother to respond... I don't waste my time on jackass droppings.