The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

CPL verdict by Mamcham.....

Emir 2015-08-01 07:27:04 

Gets it wrong. Firstly, I like the article but his criticism is petty and he missed the boat big time- it proves he still does not understand marketing and sales and product and brand development, and he is not the only one. In particular, his criticism of "foreign" commentators is way off the mark- he advocated for Dujon and Fazeer- is he nuts, these two are not T-20 material and they have not shown any inclination to change. The "foreign" commentary team was simply superb as they added flavor and proper spoken English to the matches, especially Kartik and Guha- she is real princess.

I do give him credit for exposing the scheduling and difficulty in transportation.

But, a big shame he forgot to mention was the piss poor quality of umpiring.

Link Text

gvenkat 2015-08-01 07:44:22 

In reply to Emir

Typical Trini Whining. cool

camos 2015-08-01 08:45:58 

In reply to gvenkat
free society dude! In India BCCI would have to approve his comments.

lol

Emir 2015-08-02 10:01:00 

In reply to gvenkat

This Mamchan feller is a nice boy, but he is simply not bright enough to understand the contemporary cricket world and economics.

I also believe the WI media is muted either by design and by lack of knowledge and when none of the above, by ignorance.

Acid 2015-08-02 15:48:07 

Can the CPL explain why they flew Scott Styris and Murali Karthick halfway around the world to commentate on these matches? I could understand Danny Morrison and the entertainment value, but what did the other two bring to the CPL? Couldn’t Jeff Dujon, Philo Wallace or Fazeer Mohammed do a much better job?

Why was Isa Guha, the former female English cricketer, flown in? The road to Moruga was blocked off, probably, and West Indies women captain Merissa Aguilliera couldn’t come out her home.

camos 2015-08-02 18:02:24 

I don't know the marketing plan but folks need to realize that the audience CPL aiming for is much larger than the 6 or so million people in the Caribbean.

Yamfoot 2015-08-02 21:17:49 

They couldn't post the proper content????

Emir 2015-08-02 21:20:24 

In reply to Yamfoot

They couldn't post the proper content????

What?

Yamfoot 2015-08-02 21:22:08 

In reply to Emir

The online article is repeated several times on the page.

Kay 2015-08-02 23:02:51 

Can the CPL explain why they flew Scott Styris and Murali Karthick halfway around the world to commentate on these matches? I could understand Danny Morrison and the entertainment value, but what did the other two bring to the CPL? Couldn’t Jeff Dujon, Philo Wallace or Fazeer Mohammed do a much better job?

Why was Isa Guha, the former female English cricketer, flown in?

Really? This idiot fail to realise this event is geared to an international audience? He think the Caribbean support alone can bring in any profits? This slavish mentality that "is we ting why should we bring in fariners" has already taken it's toll on our progress. These people will never learn....