The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Zimbabwe chase 304 to defeat New Zealand.....

Devin 2015-08-02 11:03:14 

With ease

Emir 2015-08-02 11:25:52 

In reply to Devin

Now Zimbabwe is showing what they can do. Only WI cannot come out of the deep dirty pit called the WICB.

hawk 2015-08-02 11:52:47 

In reply to Emir

WICB is only a pit if you allow it be, remember we the people make up WICB, it is us, you want out the pit how about climbing out of it by good performances like Zim and Bangla, I am sure both of their boards have issues and full of corruption, but the Players actually go out and play cricket......do ours?

think on this!!!

openning 2015-08-02 11:59:50 

In reply to hawk

The best maybe to go ahead with youngsters.

POINT 2015-08-02 12:00:28 

In reply to Devinsoon

That is bad news for us , it is quite possible that Zimbabwe will soon be
ahead of Us .

JOJO 2015-08-02 12:05:38 

In reply to Emir

Huh? Dude, seriously...do you know anything about the management of Zimbabwe cricket?

Emir 2015-08-02 12:05:44 

In reply to hawk

Are you kidding me? Did you read what your wrote? Now be honest: If you still say yes and see sense in what you wrote, then we have nothing to debate, and don't bother to respond.

openning 2015-08-02 12:06:19 

In reply to hawk
You excluded Pakistan, who plays away from home.
T 20 cricket make money for a few, but it will not develop players.

Emir 2015-08-02 12:09:28 

In reply to JOJO

JoJo it is terrible brother and some of the administrators there are pure terror, as you already know, but STILL better then the WICB and all of WI administrators- does that tell you how bad those who administer our cricket- not just the WICB but the various board are?

hawk 2015-08-02 12:20:25 

In reply to openning

Indeed Pakistan, these nation's players go out and perform regardless of Board antics and tomfoolery, if we are going to go with youngsters then we have to patient sow our seeds now to reap rewards later but it will be painful,

I am all for the youngsters BTW but with ability to listen and be guided

djdrastic 2015-08-02 13:17:15 

Well done Zimbos smile

Pacy 2015-08-02 13:17:42 

In reply to JOJO

Huh? Dude, seriously...do you know anything about the management of Zimbabwe cricket?

ZCA is equally bad at management of the game but the Major difference is that they want to do well and have the best team represent them. They forgive players transgressions in a means to have the best possible team.

The problem is money which at times is beyond their control but they sure compromise. But here there is similar mismanagement but the EGO is too huge that the board does not care even if WI loses everywhere as long as they can establish "I am the Boss"

Scar 2015-08-02 13:20:20 

The Pak and,Zim Boards are the worse on the planet, they dont allow for any players rights but dangle a pay carrot out front that says you still get paid better than the average citizen tell us where else you can earn this regular check? Players,are between a rock and a hard place as the saying goes. At least WI players live in a democracy that allows them free movement to gain elsewhere without political repercussions. Boards that are an arm of the political establishment are poisonous to players; the Boards that are not politically tied do have their problems but not half as bad as the fore mentioned

Pacy 2015-08-02 13:23:36 

In reply to openning

The best maybe to go ahead with youngsters.

What other option does WICB have Opening? Shiv is gone, Gayle is out for Surgery, Bravo (31 year old Man) is Out of the game. Ramdin would be shouldered soon.

Only Sammuels might be the senior player. With his attitude who knows.

Now going with the youth is good, but how long is it going to take for the youngsters to step up? Last time the model was done was when we started losing to Bangladesh in a series. Hopefully the next generation does not have any strong and independent personalities.

As long as they perform Well and also have a submissive attitude it would be good for WI cricket. Since they can neither be sacked by WICB for Attitide or performance.

Scar 2015-08-02 13:26:41 

In reply to hawk

Pride and the Boards iron rule of once selected for the National team you absolutely have to play/tour without exception or face a ban. I dont think I have heard one Pak say they unavailable due to engagements elsewhere. Guess thats why those,T20 leagues hardly if ever pick them.

Scar 2015-08-02 13:33:04 

In reply to Pacy
There is a better blend this time, specially in the bowling department. I will go out on a limb and say Pollard will wear the colors and the batting is good enough for the T20 and ODI format. I dont moan over the past WC, what WI placed 5th? WI was not expected to beat OZ, RSA, NZ or,India even with the Seniors as they are called, they finished where expected.

JOJO 2015-08-02 14:09:35 

In reply to Pacy

difference is that they want to do well and have the best team represent them. They forgive players transgressions in a means to have the best possible team.

The problem is money which at times is beyond their control but they sure compromise.
"

You actually posted that rubbish? You really believe that garbage that you posted?

Discourse 2015-08-02 14:35:54 

In reply to JOJO

They forgive players transgressions...

That there takes the cake..............lord! shock

Pacy 2015-08-02 14:51:57 

In reply to Discourse

Go and read the Sean Williams story during the WC. Today if Taylor wants to come back zim will gladly take him. Taibu played even after the issues. There was a guy who set fire in the players pavilion but he still made a come back.

Their board is bad but they understand ther limitations and are trying to do the best with what they have. I really wish they reach the heights they reached during the early 2000s

Pacy 2015-08-02 14:54:19 

In reply to JOJO

Yes. Zimbabwe wants to do well and they work with their players a lot Better. I am sure what more can do a lot won't the youngsters like he did with the Lankans

cherri 2015-08-02 15:13:36 

In reply to POINT

POINT......I am worried about you, you seem to be bothered about all these teams that will rise above the west indies sooner or later......look, this was a long time in coming, someone once said......if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail......that is the sad reality surrounding our cricket........people thought that the glory days were going to last forever......tell them look through the window........the glory days gone wid de wind.....we the people as well as the players have resisted anyone who came and tried to instill discipline and a work ethic round this team, we hear bout players not liking this coach or the next, we hear bout players doan like to train, we hear bout players threatening each other, we have a youngster who is scared shitless to come back round this cricket because one of his team mates put a wreath and a lil coffin on his bed and asked him if he know what that mean, we have all sorts of things going on in and around west indies cricket and you wondering who will rise above us in the rankings............huh........seriously?.....

Jabari18 2015-08-03 08:43:41 

In reply to Scar

I dont think I have heard one Pak say they unavailable due to engagements elsewhere. Guess thats why those,T20 leagues hardly if ever pick them.

After IPL1 how many Pak players were selected? Do you know of the issues between pak and ind?

POINT 2015-08-03 09:49:45 

In reply to cherri

You really do not have to worry , I am simply trying to shame those in the governance of Cricket , to get up off their Asses change their 19th century structure and manner of governing Cricket in the Region .

They also need to stop their obsession of ensuring that their grip
on Cricket will be diluted . Because
if they remain as is , they will find out One day that not even the ICC will be able to save them .

The Seeds of their demise are now
in full view , The potential rise in Cricket of Bangladesh & Zimbabwe is
concrete proof that those in the governance of Cricket in the Region
have failed us for many , many years.

The International Cricket Cabal are no doubt rejoicing at the state of Cricket in the Region . They no doubt would love this . Perhaps that is why
they willingly allow the WICB to be
a Rogue Cricket Board sowing the seeds of their own Destruction .

As I have stated in this Forum frequently :

MORE CRICKET IS PLAYED OFF THE FIELD

THAN ON THE FIELD .

THIS IS WHY ENGLAND LIMITED THE

NUMBER OF OVERSEAS PLAYERS PLAYING

IN ENGLAND . WHOSE TEAM WAS HURT THE

MOST ????????????????????????

WHOSE TEAM HAD THE FASTEST BOWLERS IN

THE WORLD WHEN IT WAS DECIDED THAT

BOWLERS COULD ONLY BOWL 1 BOUNCER

PER OVER ?????

It is very true that those in the governance of Cricket in the Region ,at the juncture when England limited
Overseas Players from playing in England ; Did not do a blasted thing . When they could have formed a Regional Pro or Semi Pro League .

At that juncture ; OUR PLAYERS & TEAM

WERE THE BEST IN THE FREAKING WORLD .

SO FINANCIAL SPONSORS WOULD NOT HAVE

BEEN A PROBLEM .

hawk 2015-08-03 12:56:31 

THIS IS WHY ENGLAND LIMITED THE

NUMBER OF OVERSEAS PLAYERS PLAYING

IN ENGLAND . WHOSE TEAM WAS HURT THE

MOST ????????????????????????

we failed to respond to this in a proper and timely manner took 20 years to put the PCL in place and even then we waited until Mr. Pybus advised us to

POINT 2015-08-03 14:00:44 

In reply to hawk

That is exactly my freaking point . THEY sat on their Asses for a long , long time before they decided to do something .

WE are now seeing the full effect of their lack of Foresight & Vision . I
have been stating this consistently for over 10 freaking years in this Forum .

As I have often stated in this Forum ,when they refused to launch a Pro or Semi Pro league , that made our Players status change from being Full
Time Players to being Part Time Players .

Now this was compounded by the introduction of the 3rd. Format of the game . Tours were truncated because sometimes 2 or 3 times , were
touring the host Country simultaneously .

So gone were the days when eg . Our
Team Toured England ; and played many matches before & between the Test Matches , including more than half the English Counties .

I cite this because these many matches not only made our Players supremely fit & excellent in all facets of the game .

They also became acclimatized to the Pitches & Weather Conditions due to. Playing many matches prior & between the Test Matches , so there was then no need for warm up Matches .

But WE are currently in a different era , Generally , within about 3 or 4 days after landing in the host Country , the Tour begins in earnest .
To top it off, is the fact that Our
Players are playing less Cricket in all versions of the game , against Teams ranked above our Team .

openning 2015-08-03 15:24:24 

In reply to hawk

As you are well aware of, it is the local boards that develop our cricketers
The product at the regional level, is below the level of the seventies, that's the major problem.
The management of the local boards are directors of the WICB, if these people cannot get it right locally, or can they get right regionally or at the International level?
My concentration for sometime is on youngsters in Barbados, because I am not familiar with the other regional boards and the development of their youngsters.
Every year we see youngsters performing at various levels, how many of these guys are being work with, to reach their full potential?

hawk 2015-08-03 18:32:47 

In reply to openning

development of players should be at the local level, but then you need a forum to nurture, provide quality crease time and fine tune preparation for test cricket this has to be done in professional league, sadly our administrators over the years never saw the need for it and took too long to get there.

Even at the BCA level I see no reason our elite division couldn't be semi professional league, or the Sagicor T20 cup couldn't be a franchise style league.

This should be the aim, but when all they could come up with I something called the upper intermediate I was flabbergasted and deeply disappointed

local level should be semi pro/Am and regional level should be professional [all first class players should be test ready]