The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Both Becca & Cozier , Are to be Commended >>>>

POINT 2015-11-29 20:23:27 

For both having a Saul on the Road to Damascus Moments . In this Forum ,
there is an article written by Cozier , regarding the Statement submitted by Phil Simmons .

In the November 29 Issue of the Jamaica
Gleaner ,in the Sports Section of the Newspaper ; Becca apparently is of the belief , that the Regional Governments have a right to intervene in Regional
Cricket ; and he also cites why .

Frankly my opinion is better late than never . For over a decade I have lamented the fact that the Sacred Sports Scribes in the Region lacked the
testicular fortitude , to be critical
of the Worst International Cricket Board in the World ; aka the WICBC .

In my opinion it would be great if they also scrutinized the International Cricket Cabal , , aka the ICC . The
latter , has allowed the WICBC to become a Rogue Cricket Board , by utterly refusing to ensure that the WICBC exercises Good Governance & Stewardship of Cricket in the Region .

If the ICC was truly interested in
West Indies Cricket , it could have withheld Funds from the WICBC , to make the latter confirm to Good Governance in the Region .

However it seems that India ; Australia & England are only interested in ensuring that they get the Lions Share of the money the ICC makes .

Meanwhile the ICC is not shy in disciplining & placing Sanctions on the USA Cricket Association . It is troubling that the ICC cannot bring itself to demanding that the WICBC exercise good governance. Despite the colossal embarrassments & Bad Publicity that the WICBC has brought to the Region .

The ICC seems blithely unaware of the fact that apart from tarnishing its own Image ; the WICBC is also tarnishing the image of the ICC . Perhaps the ICC also needs to be investigated .

Emir 2015-11-29 20:35:29 

In reply to POINT

Agreed.

Cozier in particular has really stepped up to the plate. Because of his English Ancestry, he is well liked and respected in both England and Australia, so his stance will help our cause.

Becca on the othe hand is clueless and an unopolegetic Afro Saxon so I am afraid he is hopeless despite the article you sited

POINT 2015-11-29 21:34:59 

In reply to Emir

It is heartening to see that they finally have Religion . I will always maintain that it is the Silence of those who are very well known Sports Journalists in the Region , that made the WICBC mistakenly believe that it has an inherent Right to do whatever it wants , and is answerable to NO ONE in the World .

It is the silence of the Sports Journalists for decades why the people in the WICBC bluntly refused to change . It is this belief why when the Regional Governments , politely asked them to implement the changes recommended by the Patterson
Report , why Cameron & Co just laughed , commissioned the Wilkin Report , and then deep sixed that also .

In their Colossal Arrogance Cameron & Co forgot that it was the Regional Governments who did the heavy lifting regarding the WICBC hosting of the 2007 Cricket World Cup .

The WICB does not own a blasted Stadia or Cricket Ground . It was the
Regional Governments who took TaxPayers Money , Built New Stadia , Refurbished & Renovated Existing Stadia ; Spruced up the Grounds .

Cameron & Co in my opinion were and are Ungrateful Bums , and that is putting it very mildly .The quicker WE get rid of this Lot , the faster
Cricket in the Region will improve
, provide of course that there are serious Structural Changes in the governance of Cricket in this Region .

Blackbird 2015-11-30 12:09:35 

TC is what young people call a hater. Since D et all dropped him he scratching at the WICB. Its personal. He has been a thorn in our side since Frank Worrel chased him out of the dressing room.

He never reconciled with our black captains.

Cleg 2015-11-30 17:30:10 

In reply to Blackbird

since Frank Worrel chased him out of the dressing room.

You saying TC is a crazy B..
lol lol

Chrissy 2015-12-01 05:27:22 

Would have been nice if one of them had given me credit - sounded like a repeat of my Thursday interview on Smile Jamaica -TVJ - I did laugh.

POINT 2015-12-01 19:36:42 

In reply to Chrissy

If possible could You put a synopsis
here . My main beef with the Sacred
Sports Scribes , is that they rarely , if ever state their own opinions ; they prefer instead to restate what others say .

I have noticed , that most of the Articles critical of the WICBC are
written by" A Staff Reporter " . In my opinion , it is the Sacred Sports Journalists in the Region who have
facilitated the people in the WICBC
thinking that they can do anything
regarding Cricket in the Region .