The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Congratulations u-19 Windies!

NewsJunkie 2016-02-11 08:35:50 

For making the World Cup final. That Joseph kid looks the part - a proper West Indian Fast bowler. Hopefully he can do it at higher levels as well - Cricket has been missing this for years now.

Love the scowl, reminds me of Ambrose! big grin

natty_forever 2016-02-11 10:05:59 

... having them in an academy and sent on A team tours should follow.

robbo 2016-02-11 13:58:33 

In reply to natty_forever

Yep...and more U19 tours as well !.....A teams are a must though...the talent that is being identified and seemingly improving before our very eyes match by match cannot be left to go to waste.

They have surprised me I must admit...I was very unconvinced that they could get this far and regardless of what happens in the final there are a group of players that look very promising !

Slipfeeler 2016-02-11 14:06:18 

In reply to robbo

Sponsorship to keep these talented young West Indian cricketers as a team, should open to us here on the board, so we could invest in them as a team, playing together in some form of regional cricket matches, no need for WICB messing up this group due to real or imaginary lack of funding.

natty_forever 2016-02-11 14:28:37 

In reply to robbo... we missed the boat with Ramdin's team ... here we are being given a second chance to right the wrongs of the past.

robbo 2016-02-11 14:47:10 

Slipfeeler & Natty

Absolutely...I couldn't agree more...investment in these youths ( in every sense of the word) is paramount. Without wishing to sound flippant I almost don't care what happens in the final ...I won't be too disappointed in they don't pull it off...all I want to see from these type of tournaments is a group of players identified as future stars...I think that there are some amongst this group that could be (note - could be)...that please me even more than the the results !

natty_forever 2016-02-11 15:00:59 

In reply to robbo... well I want a win, we have never won this.

I am hoping a win will galvanize sponsorship.

robbo 2016-02-11 15:19:08 

In reply to natty_forever

Of course...it would be a massive achievement...and no doubt one of the biggest shocks in recent years at this level !

Slipfeeler 2016-02-11 15:23:22 

In reply to robbo

Absolutely correct! Win or lose in the finals they are worth the investment. Saw how inocuously they started due to lack of adequate playing time, imagine their potential if given proper training and match experience.