The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Hetmyer is promising and Joseph exciting but

methodic 2016-02-11 18:15:30 

right now Springer is the best cricketer on the team.

Commie 2016-02-11 18:19:16 

In reply to methodic

Many of these guys careers could go into orbit or nosedive depending on the support systems they have.

Imlach is very underrated as a keeper bat. Very solid.
Carty has the makings of a very classy bat.
Ryan John is a very solid all rounder who with some pace can develop into a mini Philander as he bowls wicket to wicket. He actually reminds me of Eldine Baptiste a lot.

What Springer shows is maturity.

methodic 2016-02-11 18:21:09 

In reply to Commie

very true, Springer is also adaptable

Commie 2016-02-11 18:23:38 

In reply to methodic

If you look at this team they could essentially be the next senior team.

They have pretty much every weapon except a top class spinner.

Narper 2016-02-11 18:23:51 

In reply to methodic

We have always been competitive in the U-19 circuit....going back way back....

Deonarine was a WI u-19 cappo
Ryan Hinds too

remember Ramdin's batch...they were supposed to take WI back to the top....

only last year it was young Chanderpaul and Pooran...Lil Shiv can't even mek Mudland team...Pooran now returning from injury.

methodic 2016-02-11 18:27:40 

In reply to Commie

you writing everything I wrote last night.

methodic 2016-02-11 18:28:31 

In reply to Narper

this is true

kingdom 2016-02-11 18:33:59 

Hetmyer is the best all round batsman on the team , he play's spin & pace well. He just need to stop giving his wicket away.

methodic 2016-02-11 18:36:28 

In reply to kingdom

did he score a hundred as yet? I am not willing to say that as yet.

kingdom 2016-02-11 18:41:48 

In reply to methodic

Did you read my last sentence ?

tc1 2016-02-11 18:41:49 

the only player that is ready to go to the next level is Joseph, the others are 'work in progress'.

kingdom 2016-02-11 18:43:36 

In reply to tc1

They all are a work in progress, I wouldn't rush any of them

methodic 2016-02-11 18:44:40 

In reply to kingdom

well if he is giving away his wicket he is not the best as yet. I agree he has a lot of potential.

Narper 2016-02-11 18:47:03 

We must also remember...OZ....a power house in U-19 cricket is not at this world cup..

Let's encourage these young players...but don't let us overate them....it is a big big step from U-19 to international cricket

kingdom 2016-02-11 18:49:14 

In reply to methodic

What he lacks is maturity , that will come the more he plays

methodic 2016-02-11 18:56:57 

In reply to Narper
actually in football many of the youth world cup stars do not become national senior team players. There are many players that develop later on that do not make youth world cup teams.

Devin 2016-02-11 19:04:09 

Many of these guys careers could go into orbit or nosedive depending on the support systems they have.

For someone who is supposedly intelligent, you really are quite silly. West Indies don't have one player currently in any orbit, but suddenly they potentially have many?

Stupes. Get real. Under-19 cricket, much like College Football and College Basketball will only produce a handful of players that will be successful at the highest level, the others fall by the wayside.

methodic 2016-02-11 19:06:44 

In reply to Devin

yes but sometimes that handful come from one team.

Devin 2016-02-11 19:12:26 

In reply to methodic

Like Ramdin, Rampaul, Fudadin, Simmons, and Xavier Marshall?

Link Text

methodic 2016-02-11 19:18:18 

In reply to Devin

right now I thinking about beating India. That is all my youngsters need to worry about right now. Then we will take the t20 world cup. Let we make a bet - 8 million to 1 billion

nick2020 2016-02-11 19:20:44 

In reply to Commie

Commie is true? Yuh plagiarizing? lol

Devin 2016-02-11 19:25:27 

In reply to methodic

They can beat India, but India will produce world class cricketers out of this lot, and the West Indies will not.

kingdom 2016-02-11 19:32:48 

In reply to Devin

Who the hell is to say WI will not. Fire on those words you speak, you racist. Run way clown evil

mittheimp 2016-02-11 19:52:30 

In reply to Devin

Ramdin,Rampaul and Marshall were all exceptionally talented and all to a massive or lesser degree have under achieved.

Tagwa1 2016-02-11 20:00:53 

In reply to methodic

Best in the entire tournament

Commie 2016-02-11 20:15:09 

I don't see why Devin wants to have an intellectual discussion on u19 WI cricket when he was perpetually poised to rubbish them once they were ejected.

WI has a higher than average conversion of U19 players to intl cricket. It actually despite what is said has a higher success ratio than most. The reason is purely mathematical.

There are 105 FC players vying for 15 places at senior level. As an u19 WI player you stand a good chance of graduation to your senior team than most other countries and then an even better chance at making the Test team.

The issue is the support system when those players hit the big time. Technical coaching and even mental coaching is not as good as most.

In the interim I suggest you go on IndianCricket fans forum and tug on the foreskin of someone of like thinking.

Devin 2016-02-11 21:10:48 

In reply to Commie

You have an odd fixation with man and cock.

I don't rubbish West Indies after, I rubbish them before. I'm not an after-the-fact kind of guy. When West Indies are beaten, repeatedly, I don't really post anything.

Seeing that you are willing to identify and admit that West Indies cricket lacks a proper support system, coaching - both mental and physical, why then would you make a statement about these players potentially sky-rocketing into orbit when it's clearly far-fetched and requires so many chips to fall into place?

Commie 2016-02-11 21:21:51 

In reply to Devin

I want you to consider what percentage of Indian cricketers vs the population of Indian cricketers who play are a success vs the same for WI.

After you wrack your brains to torment maybe you will revisit your comments and realize what a monumental ass you are.

Devin 2016-02-11 21:23:16 

In reply to Commie

Why are you guys dealing with numbers and population now, when it wasn't an issue during your 15-20 year reign?

Commie 2016-02-11 21:43:19 

In reply to Devin

in the end when over 65 percent of a population have not got access to clean water and sanitation basics like a flushing toilet I understand that sport isn't always a priority.

Devin 2016-02-11 21:45:08 

In reply to Commie

LOL. Hahahaha, you can't fu#king respond to what I'm saying.

India has their issues, a plethora of them, most due to a population crisis, as in they have too many fu#king people.

But India is a global powerhouse with a booming economy. The Indians that leave India are successful wherever they go, ALL over the world.

If yuh have 10 Indians living in Barbados, 6-8 of them are Doctors. That's probably where all the racial hate stems from on this board. Wherever Indians go, they make money and are successful.

Back to cricket, without India your cricketers will have not a cent and an idiot like Dwayne Bravo wouldn't even have his stupid little recording contract singing that pile of shit that so easily flows out of his mouth. Pullhard will be doing more than complaining about not having enough money to buy pampers for his baby.

And Chris Gayle might be in Elephan Man or Buju Banton's shoes.

Ouch!

Commie 2016-02-11 21:59:46 

In reply to Devin

See that's the issue.

Last check almost 600 million people or 70 percent of all village populations were defecating in the open in India and had serious hygiene issues.

This isn't a well....but we have lots of doctors and great cricketers issue.

This is about a country which is living a lie and part of that lie is burying its issues in cricket.

There is enough writing out there on the phenomenon.

What the Caribbean has achieved in cricket is phenomenal given our size and resources but what is more amazing is that we have a high human development index and a standard of living which concentrates on making sure people can shit in a toilet as much as they can succeed on the field of sport.

By that dint India is a failure and the Caribbean is a success and nothing illustrates the problem as much as a few years ago when Kingfisher hadn't paid its employees for almost a year whilst it bent over backwards making sure Gayle got paid.

The issue is is that without this false assertion of strength people will stop thinking about the financial strength of the BCCI and literally start to pay attention to the waft of the smell of shit around them whilst foreigners from the Caribbean live large, screw their women and generally have the best of everything.

Sorry you can't have the same Devs.

Devin 2016-02-11 22:10:59 

In reply to Commie

I know man, that's why Jamaica and Trinidad average a murder per day, because life is too sweet in the Caribbean.

That's why 90% of the West Indians on this message board don't reside in the Caribbean.

Indian women aren't like white women, they have no desire to be with Black men. So sad that's where you have to go, but then again that's the only card a black man can play; the "I have a snake in my trousers" card. Poor Gayle and Bravo get rejected so much in India that they have to go beg for a piece in Australia.

Commie 2016-02-11 22:21:04 

In reply to Devin

You don't seem to get it do you or put up a good pretense.

Read the last one again and again.

The Caribbean IPL cricketers are part of a general act for a greater Indian society who literally are shitting in the fields.

Can you imagine if 70 percent of rural Bajans were shitting in the open ?

Do you really think Braithwaite scoring runs would hide that shit or create a diversion smile

You are on the right bandwagon though.

Devin 2016-02-11 22:31:11 

In reply to Commie

4 of your 6 CPL teams are owned by Indians. Indians are feeding the Caribbean, be grateful, you wretch.

Devin 2016-02-11 22:31:46 

Until you've taken a shit in the open, don't knock it. Few experiences are more liberating.

gvenkat 2016-02-11 22:33:04 

In reply to CommieCaribbean dots are one cat 5 away from being wiped out..millions would rather live to wipe their ass in the open another day cool

gvenkat 2016-02-11 22:37:38 

In reply to Devin

I agree. It's one of the most liberating experiences lol

Devin 2016-02-11 22:44:14 

In reply to gvenkat

Eat pani puri on the street, take a shit in the same spot. Beautiful.

Tagwa1 2016-02-11 22:55:18 

In reply to Devin

Indian women aren't like white women, they have no desire to be with Black men.

You really need to go Jersey City or Hoboken on a weekend...
lol

Devin 2016-02-11 23:01:29 

In reply to Tagwa1

I don't consider Indo Trinis to be Indians. Indo Trinis have been corrupted.

methodic 2016-02-12 02:29:43 

In reply to Commie

Commie, you and I had many differences in opinions on this board. I am sure going forward that there are more subjects we are going to differ on. However, you have always been balanced and never disrespected me. Devin's remarks never bothered me or get under my skin. I will tell you why; Over the last few years I had the opportunity to engage with over a 100 students and business people coming out of India. Some became close acquaintances with me while they were here. Some became my friends. And there are at least a couple I will go to the end of the world for, if they need me to. The reason I am saying this is because Devin's opinions and remarks do not represent the thinking of the majority of young and/or progressive people coming out of India. I also think this conversation is not truly reflective of you and the way you think and do things. Maybe you have a little hangover from the fetes. big grin
All our countries have their problems. All our societies have its schisms, complexes, stereotypes and accomplishments. At the end of the day I find when decent people interact with other decent people; what we mostly cherish is establishing a common ground where we can learn from each other, advance the world and our lives and create a more stable life and environment for the ones coming behind.
This is easier to accomplish when we refrain from allowing jest to deteriorate into ridicule and humor to descend into humiliation. One single moment can erode many good things, those that are past and those that are yet to come. Ultimately my commitment to spiritual and social advancement supercedes all things, even on this thread and on this board.

nick2020 2016-02-12 02:37:55 

Crapping in the open.
What on earth happened to this thread?

nick2020 2016-02-12 02:50:21 

In reply to Devin

Devin you made a statement that you will produce world class cricketers out of your U19 bunch.

India won in 2000. Notables are Mohammad Kaif, Yuvraj Singh, Ajay Ratra, Venugopal Rao and Reetinder Sodhi. Who of that lot is world class?

India won again in 2008. Notables are Virat Kohli, Abhinav Mukund, Saurabh Tiwary, Ravindra Jadeja and Manish Pandey. Who of that lot is world class?

So out of 22 U19s in the two years what % have taken that step to world class?

Devin 2016-02-12 03:05:35 

In reply to nick2020

Yuvraj Singh played a vital role in India winning the WC in 2011, not just the WC match, but the tournament.

Ravindra Jadeja has been a fixture in India's team in all three formats and possesses the ability to be an excellent allrounder. He is also one of the best fielders in the world.

Virat Kohli, well, I need not say anything.

You are making Rahul Dravid's point; under-19 players need to strive for more than just success at an under-19 level, because the majority of these players won't make it to the highest level. I made a comparison earlier to college football and college basketball. Few make it, and the success rate of the ones that do make it isn't that great.

India is more likely to produce world class players, seeing that the West Indies haven't produced a world class player in over 20 years. India currently has two batsmen that can walk into any side in this world. One of them can walk into any side in all three formats.

Devin 2016-02-12 03:08:20 

Before Kohli and Rahane, there were names such as Dravid, Sachin, Laxman and perhaps even Kumble. All four played in the same era, and could pretty much walk into any side during their playing days.

Chanderpaul is the last good/great player y'all produced, he made his debut in 1994.

nick2020 2016-02-12 03:26:40 

In reply to Devin

Yuvraj Singh played a vital role in India winning the WC in 2011, not just the WC match, but the tournament.

Stop. Your statement was World Class not vital role. Stick to your parameters.

You said you will make world class players out of your U19s. After winning the U19 in 2000 how many of your players were World Class?

My answer is zero. Am I correct? Simple question.

Edit: Just so I have your exact quote on record

They can beat India, but India will produce world class cricketers out of this lot, and the West Indies will not.

JahJah 2016-02-12 04:10:40 

In reply to Devin

Chanderpaul is the last good/great player y'all produced

Y'all?

sudden 2016-02-12 06:29:00 

In reply to Devin

man, why is there a racist tinge to what you say nowadays? i used to think you were joking but i have to change my mind in the face of your overwhelming posts and the muscular language employed. sounds like you had a bad experience in Bim

nick2020 2016-02-12 07:22:18 

In reply to Devin

Devin ya gone?

You said you will make world class players out of your U19s. After winning the U19 in 2000 how many of your players were World Class?

Doan run. lol

nick2020 2016-02-12 07:22:50 

In reply to sudden

Nowadays?

You was to busy enabling de man to notice. lol

nick2020 2016-02-12 07:23:40 

In reply to JahJah

JahJah you see dat chestroll celebration from Springs?
Tell de man to stop that. It looks terrible.

Baje 2016-02-12 07:43:44 

To me Joseph is the only first class level player, Holder is close behind.

Kemo Paul looks like the most promising batsman. I rate the batting potential in the order:
Paul > Pope > Hetmyer

Springer looks a potentially good #7 or #8 and his bowling and pace will improve

Imlach looks very elegant, but walking outside offstump and exposing his stumps may not work at a high level. His glove work is very ordinary.

The others, it is hard to really tell, but I love their aggressive attitude.

Commie 2016-02-12 07:52:43 

In reply to methodic

Sport is only a very small portion of the complexity that is life. Caribbean cricket fans do not really appreciate what we have achieved in this sport given our socioeconomic difficulties and our playing population.

Not only do I have lots of Indian friends who RESONATE what I say but many are even more blunt.

India is a gangster capitalist society which makes even our flawed societies look model. Sport, and in the sense of modern India, Cricket takes pole position next to Bollywood as a diversion to what for most is a miserable existence. That existence is what Devin needs to understand rather than trumpeting the very small minority who can literally use a fuggin toilet.

On the contrary Caribbean people put Cricket within a context of having other things to do.

I would be pissed if workers salaries couldn't be paid by a so called billionaire for over a year and yet they were paying a foreigner top coin in that same timescale.

How does that connect with this topic ? Our Caribbean cricketers are actually fortunate in that the likelihood they have of making a living from the sport and the opportunity to play for their country. Statistically wise a larger proportion of Caribbean cricketers get to make a career giving our playing population than a place like India. For that we must give thanks.

This isn't about Devin at all and his confused attempt to attach himself to the ethnicity that he feels comfy with. It's about the reality of the context of cricket and life.

Devin 2016-02-12 08:01:48 

In reply to sudden

I made cricket related posts on this thread, Commie's response was to tell me about tugging on an Indian man's foreskin and the povery situation in India.

I do not reside in India as far as I know and people taking a shit on the road is not my concern.

Devin 2016-02-12 08:03:27 

In reply to nick2020

OK Nick, perhaps I should have rephrased the statement to "India is more likely to produce a world class talent out of their lot, compared to the West Indies."

natty_forever 2016-02-12 08:06:57 

In reply to Commie

Caribbean cricket fans do not really appreciate what we have achieved in this sport given our socioeconomic difficulties and our playing population.
... actually that's for non-caribbean cricket fans ala Devin.

Devin 2016-02-12 08:07:54 

Commie made this statement:

If you look at this team they could essentially be the next senior team.

They have pretty much every weapon except a top class spinner.

When has any junior level team matured and evolved to the point where all or most of those players went on to represent the senior team?

In the history of under-19 cricket, has there ever been a single solitary team that had the majority of its players go on to represent the senior team?

natty_forever 2016-02-12 08:09:59 

In reply to Devin

OK Nick, perhaps I should have rephrased the statement to "India is more likely to produce a world class talent out of their lot, compared to the West Indies."
... reason being?

Devin 2016-02-12 08:12:20 

In reply to sudden

I wouldn't say a bad experience, but when I posted about the incident involving me and the young Bajan girl in the bar, and the level of annoyance and anger it brought to some of the regulars, I was accused of lying, fabricating, exaggerating, attention seeking, race-baiting, or told that black people cannot be racist.

The behaviour in the bar that day was essentially similar to the way black women behave when they see a black man with a white woman.

Now remember, I have no history of lying or telling tales.

Devin 2016-02-12 08:14:13 

In reply to natty_forever

Because West Indies have found it extremely difficult to produce a world class player since Chanderpaul made his debut back in 1994.

It's really not about under 19 cricket, it's about young cricketers in general and how they come through the ranks.

natty_forever 2016-02-12 08:17:08 

In reply to Devin... there has to be a ranks to come through, and as there is none in the caribbean our players are prone to not go on and fulfil their true potential.

I bet India has an academy or several. Bet they employ sports psychologists to work with these youngsters.

Case: Springer not the best equipped technically, but somehow mentally he is strong, hence he excels.

natty_forever 2016-02-12 08:18:36 

... I am also willing to bet if Blackwood works with a SP his average will go up by 10% points

He loses concentration a little too easy for my liking.

Commie 2016-02-12 08:19:31 

2002 u19 WC

Here are the players who went on to play for WI

West Indies - Dwayne Bravo, Ravi Rampaul, Darren Sammy, Narsingh Deonarine, Gavin Tonge, Donovan Pagon, Shane Shillingford and Lendl Simmons

For India

Stuart Binny, Parthiv Patel and Irfan Pathan.

That's just ONE example

natty_forever 2016-02-12 08:21:46 

In reply to Commie... he gonna say none a those world class. So is the debate world class or just simple go on to represent their territory?

Commie 2016-02-12 08:27:50 

who cares what he says.

The reality is that these players get tangible opportunities to make a career for themselves and COULD go on to become fixtures.

Given cricket is now over three formats you can make an argument that more of the WI players made full careers for themselves than the Indians from that WC.

Devin 2016-02-12 08:28:34 

Aparently world class means your represented the senior team.

Suruj Ragoonath and Adam Sanford are world class.

Devin 2016-02-12 08:40:35 

The numbers/population assertion is rather asinine.

If you have to pick 20 talented people to do a job and you have a million people to choose from, is it harder or easier to find another 20 people from 100 million?

Sure the talent pool is larger, but do you have the resources and manpower to address every one of those 100 million people? Or even most of them?

Are there any cricket clubs in the Caribbean that have dissolved due to finances or a lack of players in the past 20 years? If so, is it a large number, a worrisome number, a small number, an inconsequential number?

Barbados is a tiny island of 260,000 people. Just about every secondary school has a cricket team, as do most primary schools. Every parish has several cricket clubs, most of them have a number of teams playing at different levels.

As I said before, when West Indies dominated for 15-20 years, there was no issue with size and numbers. Ever since the decline, we've heard about basketball and football taking away young sportspersons in the Caribbean.

Yet are any of these schools or club teams struggling to find a playing XI?

mikelegend 2016-02-12 08:43:00 

Test debut: May 2000
# of tests: 87
Runs: 5842
Highest score: 291
Centuries: 15
1/2 centuries: 31
Average: 40.01

Not bad for a 'mediocre' player who debuted 6 years after Chanders.

sudden 2016-02-12 08:44:08 

In reply to Devin

so that has led you to posting these racial rants that are truly distasteful and i doubt would describe accurately your experience in Bim a majority black island? outside of this your posts are comical and on the face of refreshingly honest, at least that is how i take. that is what i like about you and your posts. even your comparison of the indian batting and the WIndian are funny and sometimes true but when you venture into these racist posts you become intolerable.

by now you should know that v few humans can claim to be intelligent. it is why we are where we are today as humans; divisive, dishonest, tribal and petty. so when you constantly harp about Black people not being intelligent it tinges on naiveté or racial bias. nether fits you well, man.

Devin 2016-02-12 08:44:48 

In reply to mikelegend

Not bad at all, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe would've gladly accepted him. Speaking of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, let's see if we can put two and two together as it relates to Sarwan and those two players.

gvenkat 2016-02-12 08:47:26 

In reply to Devin

Toilets, Caste, Cream, Jamaica 1976 and a billion people. If you see any of these about India, You have won the debate. lol lol lol

POINT 2016-02-12 08:50:02 

I find it very interesting that not a word has been said about the youngster
who has been asked to set the table for for our U-19 Victories ; Gidron Pope .

He has done what has been asked of him , yet he apparently cannot even get a mention , I sincerely hope that in the
Finals , he is asked to be more judicious in his batting .

positiveg 2016-02-12 08:51:22 

In reply to methodic

Agreed. This thread gone way offline

natty_forever 2016-02-12 08:52:50 

In reply to Devin... having more players to choose from must count for something. And with more youngsters willing to continue playing cricket, after school, back when we dominated must count as well. During school life kids play multiple disciplines and would specialize later on at the end of their school years or after school, with the popularity of other sports displacing cricket as our favorite sport, the numbers kept dwindling.

However, with the modernization of the sport WI have been left behind in that department, not in the talent department.

Devin 2016-02-12 09:00:22 

In reply to sudden

I never asserted that black people aren't intelligent. There are black doctors, black lawyers, black politicians, and leaders of nations that are black.

My comment regards black athletes and intelligence.

For example, what percentage of black NBA players, black NFL players, and black West Indian cricketers would you deem to be intelligent?

A very large number of black professional athletes in the US can barely read or write.

Case in point, 50 Cent betting money that Floyd Mayweather couldn't read a passage from a book, can't remember which one.

mikelegend 2016-02-12 09:01:30 

http://youtu.be/FF7PE2YVvX8

I'm quite sure that opposing side wished he was on their team at that time.

Devin 2016-02-12 09:01:41 

In reply to gvenkat

LMFAO

Devin 2016-02-12 09:03:49 

In reply to mikelegend

Should I post clips of world class Vinod Kambli?

Sarwan averaged 34 away from home.

natty_forever 2016-02-12 09:04:37 

In reply to Devin

A very large number of black professional athletes in the US can barely read or write.
... wrong ... most come from the college draft system, how would they be allowed to go to college not being able to read and write.

jballer84 2016-02-12 09:07:41 

In reply to kingdom

There is no support system if they are not rushed. We have to rush players like the Pakistanis do, and sure some of them will.be destroyed.. If we don't, they stay at home and get out of shape, they don't get paid, they don't get coached, and the motivation goes away since they are not rushed into some level of competitive Cricket with pay. Pick ur poison, but I think with our system or lack thereof we have no option but to rush them.

natty_forever 2016-02-12 09:20:47 

In reply to jballer84... that's the problem, we keep 'rushing' them and it not working, well in my opinion. Time to try something different. and for awhile we did, academy (HPC) and A team tours. This needs to be sustained else we will be for ever be a gig in mud.

nick2020 2016-02-12 09:23:56 

In reply to Devin

I appreciate that was as close to you saying you were wrong as you can possibly get. I bet you did not do the proper research on the matter; you just figured that since India is a good side and West Indies are a bad side that they automatically must be converting more U19 to world class than West Indies.

What you failed to consider is it does not take a bunch of talent in one year to make a top senior team. Your talent will vary in age. Some may be late bloomers and not come thru U19.

The little research I did though does show India actually has been quite poor converting successful U19 players into World Class players. WI have not done very well at U19 whereas you have dominated - 3 championships since 2000 and 2nd best win % to AUS - so our lack of success is understandable while yours is not.

gvenkat 2016-02-12 09:30:25 

In reply to nick2020

The little research I did though does show India actually has been quite poor converting successful U19 players into World Class players.

Present it here. Just because some one from under 19 goes on to play international cricket means diddly squat.

Apart from Denesh Ramdin,Darren bravo and Ravi Rampaul, WI under-19s transition to internationals have been poor.

India on the other hand have produced Kohli, Kaif, Pujara, Rahane etc.

mikelegend 2016-02-12 09:34:45 

VS West Indies:

At home: Avg 59.41, 2x 100s, 5x 50s, highest score 179.

Away: Avg 47.69. 1x 100, 5x 50, highest score 117.

One of the greatest to play the game... Interesting 10+ Point disparity in home and away.

Benjie 2016-02-12 09:36:51 

Not impressed with anyone except the two opening bowlers . Generally speaking they look like school cricketers. They must be given tremendous credit for reaching this far and beating better organized teams.

gvenkat 2016-02-12 09:37:09 

In reply to mikelegend

Why you selecting WestIndies as the benchmark? Post his stats in Australia/SouthAfrica etc lol

mikelegend 2016-02-12 09:48:27 

In reply to gvenkat

Why you selecting WestIndies as the benchmark? Post his stats in Australia/SouthAfrica etc lol

Because Ambrose, Bishop, Walsh and Rose were as good or better than any attack in the world at home or away AT THAT TIME.

Commie 2016-02-12 09:49:07 

The majority of sporting professionals black and white in the US don't have literacy issues. They have financial management issues.

There is no color divide in this problem. People who are groomed to do sport all their life pay least attention to that in the main.

Regards

gvenkat 2016-02-12 09:52:30 

In reply to mikelegend

Ambrose and Bishop never played a Test in India. If you were to compare, Compare his records Against Aus and SA who were better than WI at that time and their bowlers did not chicken out of Indian tours. cool

Devin 2016-02-12 09:54:43 

Surely you jest. Those guys are on sports scholarships and are given a free pass.

There is indisputable proof that many of them can barely read or write, and have a below average command/understanding of the English language.

Link Text

Baje 2016-02-12 10:08:43 

In reply to Devin

Case in point, 50 Cent betting money that Floyd Mayweather couldn't read a passage from a book, can't remember which one.

You confusing formal education with intelligence. I am an avid boxing fan, from early 70s. Floyd Mayweather is easily one of the most intelligent boxers of all times. The way he analyzes other boxers, adjusts to different styles,...the guy is a genius.

As far as black footballers, basketball players,..have you ever listened to them being interviewed, and discussing games and their craft? Have you listened to the numerous black sports commentators analyzing games?

Next thing you gonna tell me is dat becuz Shiv went school at de stand pipe, he not intelligent

mikelegend 2016-02-12 10:09:14 

In reply to gvenkat

Are you saying that OZ and or SA had a better bowling attack than Ambrose, Bishop, Walsh and Rose at that time??? Highly debatable.

Commie 2016-02-12 10:11:49 

In reply to Baje

I doubt Devin understands this nuanced observation.

mikelegend 2016-02-12 10:12:46 

In reply to Baje

You confusing formal education with intelligence. I am an avid boxing fan, from early 70s. Floyd Mayweather is easily one of the most intelligent boxers of all times

Sweetly timed cover drive. End of debate.

gvenkat 2016-02-12 10:23:39 

In reply to mikelegend

Yes. They both had better attacks. How many did ambrose bishop aND Walsh win in the mid and late 90s.

natty_forever 2016-02-12 10:25:23 

In reply to Devin... that was a wide, sorry not relevant.

And again, what was allowed decades back no longer is the issue, and all athlete now have to have a minimum grade point average to keep one's scholarship.

mikelegend 2016-02-12 10:32:30 

Just a little tidbit: The most successful person in ALL OF ASIA is a high school dropout. cool

natty_forever 2016-02-12 10:51:56 

In reply to mikelegend... can he read or write?

mikelegend 2016-02-12 10:53:52 

In reply to gvenkat

Do you Really want to go there??

Ambrose: 17 wins, 6 losses and 5 draws
Bishop: 8 wins, 2 losses and 2 draws.
Walsh: 19 wins, 10 losses, 8 draws.

Let's try that for starters.

mikelegend 2016-02-12 10:56:26 

I'm not sure... But I do know he didn't have a formal education.

methodic 2016-02-12 11:19:41 

I have argued on this board in the past that contemporary reading and writing is not a global or historical measure of intelligence.

Devin 2016-02-12 11:24:51 

In reply to Baje

Being intelligent wrt your profession is expected, how the hell else would you get the job? It's your knowledge base outside of your comfort zone that is the true measure of intelligence.

And believe me, I don't really equate education to intelligence. Many people have degrees and diplomas plastered all over their walls but are complete buffoons.

I have heard many black athletes interviewed, clearly we aren't hearing the same thing.

methodic 2016-02-12 11:29:12 

In reply to Baje

To me Joseph is the only first class level player, Holder is close behind.

Kemo Paul looks like the most promising batsman. I rate the batting potential in the order:
Paul > Pope > Hetmyer

Springer looks a potentially good #7 or #8 and his bowling and pace will improve

In every sport there is a player that don't catch the eye in practice. However, when the games are played he demonstrates his importance. He just knows how to play the game. Springer is that guy.

Runs 2016-02-12 11:32:35 

Education is something that is provided by an external force, typically a teacher, tutor, mentor or parent. Education is what helps you to develop your natural intelligence in different ways. Many people have abilities in different areas that are made to shine, when they receive education. Others do not receive the right type of education and their abilities lie latent within them.

Baje 2016-02-12 11:37:52 

In reply to Devin

Being intelligent wrt your profession is expected, how the hell else would you get the job. It's your knowledge base outside of your comfort zone that is the true measure of intelligence.

My view of intelligence is different. To me you are talking about a well rounded educated individual. I equate intelligence with the ability to learn new stuff easily, especially stuff equated to your well being.

Baje 2016-02-12 11:43:50 

In reply to methodic
Well Springer has certainly caught my eye. He has that "I know what I am doing look". He is a clever bowler and has a very uncomplicated batting style. I just wish he would ditch dat Spring roll dance.

methodic 2016-02-12 11:47:35 

In reply to Runs

Education is something that is provided by an external force,

from my experience, education could also come from an inner force.

Runs 2016-02-12 11:49:16 

In reply to methodic

Please expound on that.

methodic 2016-02-12 11:56:16 

In reply to Runs

I personally was thought a lot from meditation and dreams. I think whatever you truly endeavor to learn. The mind will find a way to teach you.

Devin 2016-02-12 12:10:09 

In reply to sudden

Seeing that nothing has changed in my personal life, and my interactions with people of all races has always been good/strong, you should perhaps ask yourself why my tone has changed. And I will readily admit that the content and tone of my posts have changed.

Is it perhaps due to this MB? Is it due to the fact that some issues are immediately addressed while others are conveniently ignored and overlooked?

Why is it that so many on this board support all the white teams against India? Yet in India the West Indies have always been second favourites? We know how well blacks and whites get along. We know how Australians are viewed as a whole, and in cricket especially.

One gets the sense that somewhere along the course of history, Blacks were mistreated by Indians. When the rapes and murders of Indians in Guyana is brought up, they are conveniently rubbished or ignored by black Guyanese.

I am not here championing the rights of Indians, nor am I looking for support, but I'll summarize what goes on here.

"Indian women have no ass, I like women with ass." Do you like ass because that's the one feature all black women possess? Yet for some reason you're married to a white woman. Is that a case of personal preference or is it due to race? If so, isn't that a touch racist?

Any crime committed against blacks are race related.

If you say anything disparaging about blacks, you're racist.

We'll defend Muslims but poke fun at, or tarnish anything Indian. Why is that? Because Muslims are more likeable? Or is it because there's a large number of Black Muslims out there, but no black Hindus?

Black people are free to support any and everything black, but if someone else supports their race, it's an issue, it's racist.

Every race is racist, but it is impossible for Blacks to be racist

When the issue of rape reached a boiling point in India, it was discussed here on a daily basis. But not to condemn or discuss the reasons why, instead to mock, humiliate and laugh about it. It isn't discussed that in certain parts of Africa, men are told that they can cure AIDS by having sex with virgins. The end result is infants and babies being rushed to the hospital.

It would be interesting to hear an Indo Guyanese and Black Guyanese explain why there has always been so much racial tension between the two. I'm sure there's enough blame to go around, but somehow I don't think it's a 50/50 deal.

My initial posts on this thread were cricket related. A jackass chose to respond by telling me to tug on an Indian man's foreskin. Then some additional ranting about shitting in the open and a lack of toilets.

Devin 2016-02-12 12:15:15 

In reply to Baje

So seeing that the majority, or many black athletes lose their earnings within a few years of leaving their field, what have they learned?

natty_forever 2016-02-12 12:18:22 

In reply to Devin

And believe me, I don't really equate education to intelligence. Many people have degrees and diplomas plastered all over their walls but are complete buffoons.

I have heard many black athletes interviewed, clearly we aren't hearing the same thing.

So what is the issue?

Devin 2016-02-12 12:23:07 

Do you feel smarter or more dumb when you hear most athletes or rappers speak? I can contend that most black athletes can't even articulate the nuances of their own profession.

natty_forever 2016-02-12 12:32:46 

In reply to gvenkat... well before Bishop broke down we were winning repeatedly. Since Bish broke down, so did West Indies cricket.

big grin

methodic 2016-02-12 12:35:07 

interesting, I've never heard that before.

deanjones 2016-02-12 12:35:32 

In reply to Devin

The reason why most people root against India is because of their arrogant attitude now they have money.

Also, Surya and now you play a part with your racist innuendos against black people. BTW, I am Indo Guyanese.

Devin 2016-02-12 12:46:12 

In reply to deanjones

Good. So the same way two or three Indians have influenced the entire MB, it may be possible for the entire MB to influence two or three Indians.

Name India's current playing XI, tell me who of that lot is brash or arrogant.

Dhoni has been the face of that team for years and years in all three formats, a more humble player you will not find.

Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble. Boy, talk about arrogance.

robbo 2016-02-12 12:51:11 

In reply to Devin

Give a rest mate....you are childish beyond belief...the West Indies ruled the world for 15 years with their big, arrogant , thick , uneducated , bullying black men.

Grow up and get over it.

Devin 2016-02-12 12:55:25 

In reply to robbo

I don't have to get over it because it wasn't a part of my childhood. Nothing to get over.

robbo 2016-02-12 13:00:16 

In reply to Devin

Lol...and yet your childish and immature baiting of those on this MB says otherwise...have it your way mate...you are so transparent !

Devin 2016-02-12 13:12:57 

In reply to robbo

It's not baiting if you believe what you're saying.

sudden 2016-02-12 13:48:32 

In reply to Devin

speaking well is no indication of intelligence. you went school in Bim, how many fellas and girls you know spoke bajan but came tops in exams. Devin you are heading down the wrong path. if you have a burr in your ass over certain issues wrt black and indo guyanese or whether India Cricket is supported on this MB or whether Indian women's derrieres are flat or not, these are matters you can address collectively or individually. is this MB representative of how all black people view those issues?

when you come and cuss black athletes for being unintelligent and only winning because of physicality and strength it is an affront to all black people because it is not true and it is racist. it doesnt matter how you try to cloud it, it is mate. i know you are better than that.

tc1 2016-02-12 14:10:00 

In reply to sudden

Why r u indulging this idiot, can we deport him instead of Nick lol

sudden 2016-02-12 14:26:59 

In reply to tc1

Devin is a good lad. A bit of a crusader but a good guy

nick2020 2016-02-12 14:58:13 

In reply to gvenkat

The little research I did though does show India actually has been quite poor converting successful U19 players into World Class players. WI have not done very well at U19 whereas you have dominated - 3 championships since 2000 and 2nd best win % to AUS - so our lack of success is understandable while yours is not.

Read gvenky. We have been poor at U19. So what are we converting? Whereas you have been dominant and the 2 years I checked had little to show for it. That second class was an utter failure.

Runs 2016-02-12 15:04:18 

In reply to methodic

That is not education. cool
That is innate in you and the force that drives you to become educated.

methodic 2016-02-12 15:30:17 

In reply to Runs

this will probably take the conversation to spirituality and sciences that are largely unaccepted in the academic world.

Runs 2016-02-12 15:32:31 

In reply to methodic

Education is not only exclusive to academics cool
Now if we are going into sciences we will need hypothesis, experiments, conclusion and a regulatory body to certify findings as being authentic and meeting all standards. lol

methodic 2016-02-12 15:57:10 

In reply to Runs

big grin
I will see if I can qualify my arguments. It will take some time. I've already spent all day on this board.

Runs 2016-02-12 16:34:34 

In reply to methodic

Cool, better to be on this board than lots of other places and get into trouble. Am assuming you are a married man lol