The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

ABOUT PLAYERS ABANDONING TOURS

ellisstreet 2016-02-12 00:26:24 

ICC has issued a warning against players taking contractual matters into their own hands, as West Indies did

: "Players who behave in a similar manner in the future will not only risk breaching the disciplinary rules of the relevant member board and being sanctioned accordingly, but may also put in jeopardy their ability to conclude future contractual arrangements with domestic franchises or clubs in other jurisdictions."

The ICC board was determined to address this situation and ensure such incidents never happen again

ellisstreet 2016-02-12 00:34:21 

'

Putting aside the legitimacy or otherwise of any grievances of parties involved (and which are now the subject of a domestic Task Force probe), the ICC and all Member Boards noted that players abandoning tours have the potential to cause irrevocable damage to the sport.

''It can also damage in the jurisdiction of the relevant Member Board concerned, as well as enormous financial damage, which might adversely affect the financial viability of the sport itself.

''With that in mind, and in a show of solidarity, all Member Boards collectively expressed the view that they consider such player action to be extremely disruptive, damaging and unacceptable.''

The ICC said that players would be penalised if there was similar action in the future.

Runs 2016-02-12 04:16:29 

In reply to ellisstreet

Perfect

Nemesis 2016-02-12 07:02:13 

Haul dem up yes ICC. I'm tired of them, I almost wanted them to strike again so the hammer could be dropped on all of them forever.

doublecentury 2016-02-12 07:09:08 

ICC should also sanction cricket boards who start tours without obtaining signed contracts from players.

Stilbatn 2016-02-12 08:44:28 

In reply to ellisstreet

Good news--where can I find this report? link please

Stilbatn 2016-02-12 08:48:30 

[b]In reply to ellisstreet[
Got it thanks all the same