The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Open letter to ICC following decisions on West Indies and Nepal

CaribbeanCricket.com 2016-04-28 06:52:37 

Dear ICC,

First things first, cricket fraternity stands in unison to applause all your Board members for finally taking out time for a meeting that had some of the most derisory decisions being arrived at, after the T20 World Cup that ended three weeks ago. It will be safe to say that the Council hit new lows with a few of its decisions, with the highlight being the cancellation of Nepal’s membership and your resentment against truth that was put forth by the brave Darren Sammy. The West Indies captain — and the first captain ever to win two ICC World T20 tournaments spoke nothing but truth — but your dissent proved that the game has a very tough time ahead. ALSO READ: Simmons, Badree’s sacrifice and hapless state of WICB

In case if you are not aware, cricket in Nepal is being taken by its fans even more passionately than in India. If passion was the parameter, a handful of Nepal cricket fans can easily thrash the thousands in India, and may be even those in Bangladesh. But a certain clause in your Articles of Association now carries the danger of hampering the growth of cricket in a country which has just started to pick up.

Coming back to West Indies, it looks like you were not completely aware of the battles those ‘15 match-winners’ fought everyday, ever since they got together for a special journey. You do not seem to be aware that West Indies cricketers had no contracts in place — no guarantee of income by their cricket board — before it all began. West Indies cricketers had no uniforms, they were ridiculed by their own cricket board, critics, and even fans. Anyone who needed to take out his frustration had West Indies as the sitting duck. You do not look like being aware of any of this.

read he full article at Cricket Country

Full Story

Tryangle 2016-04-28 09:09:58 

Brilliant. Although I suspect the ICC bigwigs have their fingers in their ears.

POINT 2016-04-28 09:55:25 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

I wholeheartedly applaud the Author of this Article . It is excellent , however while I agree with that is stated .

WE must all realize and face the stark
TRUTH . The International Cricket Cabal
is an Entity , formed by the International Cricket Boards , to ensure that the Will & Power & Wishes of these Boards Individually &
Collectively are carried out .

In essence the International Cricket Cabal aint concerned with Good Governance , or the Stewardship of its Members . or the manner in which its individual Boards treat their Players .

Worse yet the International Cricket Cabal does not give a fig about how
Players are treated or their Contracts et al .

The International Cricket Cabal , is
not concerned that the Worst International Cricket Board in the
Commonwealth ,aka the WICBC has an 89 years old Structure that it bluntly refuses to change , despite bamboozling the People in the West Indies by commissioning several Reports and refusing to implement the salient recommendations of those Reports .

THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THE INTERNATIONAL

CRICKET CABAL , AKA THE ICC IS TO

ENSURE THAT ITS MEMBER BOARDS HAVE

THE POWER TO DO AS THEY WANT IN

CRICKET . HENCE ITS ASININE EDICT

ABOUT GOVERNMENTS NOT INTERFERING IN

CRICKET .

I find it very interesting , that while the Supreme Court in India was verbally slapping around the BCCI &
the States Cricket Associations the
ICC was nowhere to be found .

I expected the International Cricket to be in the Court with a battery of high powered lawyers . Sadly the ICC
was no where to be found in the Supreme Court in India .

POINT 2016-04-28 10:10:06 

It would be remiss of me if I did not mention the fact that the brazen heist
engineered by India ; England & Australia , to take most of the Profits of the International Cricket Cabal ,
aka , the ICC , has reduced the power
& prestige that the International
Cricket Cabal once had on the World Stage .

Even worst than this stunning Hijacking is the fact that 7 foolish
Members of the International Cricket Cabal ,aka the ICC allowed themselves
to be willing participants of this
Hijacking .

It is the crass behaviour of the International Cricket Cabal , why I
have stated in this Forum for quite sometime that the Regional Governments writing to the International Cricket Cabal is an exercise in futility .

My position is to take both the Officials of the WICBC & the ICC to Court . They have both been negligent
of their Stewardships of Cricket .

Now is the perfect time to do this
especially since 3 Members of the ICC
took it upon themselves to hijack most of the ICC'S Profits .

The WICBC as WE are all aware is quite frankly a Rogue Cricket Board
that does anything it wants , because it has the full backing of the International Cricket Board .

Khaga 2016-04-28 10:18:05 

In reply to POINT

You should write an article on Cricinfo. Only writers from India,Australia and England have condemned their boards' actions on this matter. For all the righteous indignation, I am yet to see a single article on this topic on a major website,from West Indians.

Kay 2016-04-28 11:28:51 

resentment against truth that was put forth by the brave Darren Sammy

The ICC:
The board considered the behaviour of some of the West Indies players in the immediate aftermath of the final, and unanimously agreed that certain comments and actions were inappropriate, disrespectful and brought the event into disrepute.

Where did the ICC implied that he was not speaking the truth? They just did not want one of their major event to be used as the forum for such behaviour.

POINT 2016-04-28 11:39:01 

In reply to Khaga

Most of the Charlatans in this Region who profess to be Sports Journalist
will never ever utter a word of condemnation regarding the brazen heist
by England ; Australia & India of the
major profits of the International
Cricket Cabal .

Most of them , are willing Tools of
the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth , aka the WICBC .
As I have stated elsewhere in this
Forum , they have a need to be differential to both the WICBC & the
ICC .

Now with regard to writing in Cricinfo , I am not a member of the Sports Media in the Region , I am simply a person who uses this Forum to express my opinion on Cricket .

Some people agree with what I write
and some also disagree with my perspective , I however call them as I see them . I am from the Windward Islands , from SVG to be specific .

I have never been afraid , to be critical of the Windward Islands Cricket Board or the SVG Cricket Board over the years both of them have seriously Regressed and damaged the competitiveness of the Players in the longer formats of the game .

The players in the Windward Islands are cheated particularly in the longer versions of the game due to the fact that the Windward Islands
Tournament , which used to be 4 days
matches . Has been reduced to having
4 innings crammed into 2 freaking days .

Worse yet there are persons in this Forum in the Windward Islands who
will defend that to the hilt , despite professing to be ardent Cricket fans . I cannot & will not accept that B.S . They can do better , but utterly refuse to do that .

Emir 2016-04-28 12:42:06 

In reply to Khaga

India,Australia and England have condemned their boards' actions on this matter. For all the righteous indignation, I am yet to see a single article on this topic on a major website,from West Indians.

Good observation. Journalism hardly exist in the WI, if you notice-99.9% of all cricket articles in West Indian newspapers are usually CRICINFO work.

POINT 2016-04-28 12:51:56 

Does anyone here really think that
Sammy would be welcomed to the bastion
of Iniquity , the International Cricket
Cabal , aka the ICC to express his views on one of its Members ???

The International Cricket Cabal , aka the ICC , is an Entity , that was created by the International Cricket Boards for the sole purpose of serving
only their Interests .

The International Cricket Boards do not give a hoot regarding how its Member Boards govern Cricket in their
respective Countries .

Therefore topics like Good Stewardship ; Transparency & Accountability are never discussed .
Nor has the fact that the WICBC is governed by a 89 years old Structure
important to the International Cricket Cabal .

carl0002 2016-04-28 12:55:39 

In reply to Kay
That nuance has escaped many.

POINT 2016-04-28 13:07:55 

I guess the fact that England ; Australia & India Hijacked most of the ICC Profits was a reasonable decision , and the 3 of them deserve to be commended for their Dastardly Deed .

Perhaps their Supporters here believe
that they deserve to be praised for
the heist they pulled off .

What Sammy stated , apparently was worse that what England ; Australia &
India did in the eyes of many in this
Forum . I guess in its Rules & Regulations what England ; Australia & India did was well within the Rules of the International Cricket Cabal .

I happen to believe that what
England ; Australia & India , is very much more a major incident , in comparison to what Sammy stated .

In my opinion , what England ; Australia & India did was clearly a well orchestrated and choreographed
plan to get most of the ICC profits .

Sammy on the other hand had reached boiling point with the machinations of the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth , aka , the
WICBC , was merely venting his frustration .

Sammy could be excused , but in my opinion the actions of England ; Australia & India can never ever be excused . Because they have eliminated what ever little respect
the International Cricket Cabal had .
They have made the ICC a pariah in
the eyes of the World .

But as usual their Lackeys in this Forum will ignore what they have done and focus instead on venting their disapproval on only Sammy .

billydred 2016-04-28 15:40:43 

In reply to POINT

Point I thought you had some integrity. To say you agree with this letter or article whatever it is shows that you either not reading the complete article. Did you see any WI player out of uniform? Was some of the players wearing white and some in red? Weren't all the players under contract? Wasn't the uniform situation caused by some players late signing of their contract? The last player to join the team was Simmons and he had a uniform. All these writers complaining about the WICB and not their own raas Boards. Maybe the writers in the Caribbean have more information than these farinas with their hidden agendas.
Point you can't condone wrong in your quest for what you perceive as right. Do the right thing at all times Point.

POINT 2016-04-28 16:41:29 

In reply to billydred

I also thought that the International
Cricket Cabal Integrity , but it has recently proved that it is devoid of
any .

Perhaps the acronym ICC really means
the International Cricket Crooks . To
have worldwide impact , One has to do what needs to be done at a time and place where what is being stated will have the greatest Impact .

I guess that You condone Emperor Cameron who refused to meet with the Players , talks to people through Intermediaries . Is that how right minded people treat their Employees ???

You seem oblivious of the fact that the International Cricket Cabal , is
in business to only protect its Members . Nothing else , It is this
attitude that has emboldened its Member Boards to think that they can do anything and get away with it .

The Courts do not believe in that asinine idea , that is why in India
the Supreme Court is verbally slapping around the BCCI et al , and where is the high & mighty ICC , no a freaking where to be be seen .

Since it proclaims to have an all consuming power I expected the members of the ICC to be
in Court defending the BCCI Et Al .
but they were not there , Why ????

Let me once again state for your benefit , what little power & authority the ICC had is gone , it vanished when 7 of the Foolish Members of the ICC allowed themselves
to be rolled by England ; Australia &
India who colluded to take most of the ICC's profits .

Now this aint a Nancy Story , or a figment of my imagination ; it is , hard Stark Facts . As long as the ICC
is in existence , this Deed will Always be remembered .

billydred 2016-04-28 16:57:20 

In reply to POINT

Point you have become the same as the ones you criticize. Very sad. sad sad sad sad

spider 2016-04-28 17:01:16 

In reply to POINT

Are there any inaccuracies in the article?

POINT 2016-04-28 17:39:43 

In reply to billydred

Well that is your opinion , I however beg to differ . But as I have always
stated in this Forum , I am entitled to my opinion and You like others are entitled to Yours .

I simply state my perspective , some agree some disagree . I have generally stuck to my opinion from the time I joined this Forum .

I see absolutely no reason to change my opinion , and I sure am not going to change it for anyone , if you don't like what I write Tough . I do not beg people to read what I write .

Long before this hijacking by England ; Australia & India , I started calling the ICC , the International
Cricket Cabal . It turns out that my assessment regarding the ICC is correct .

Chrissy 2016-04-28 22:30:56 

Good letter

Wasp 2016-04-30 20:10:51 

Icc is another version of fifa. India plays to their own rules and that acceptable to them.

very good letter

i stand with the players

Kay 2016-04-30 22:30:26 

In reply to Wasp

India plays to their own rules and that acceptable to them

It's a business. If 80% of your revenue comes from one customer I am sure you going to lick that customers' ass too ... don't lie!!!

POINT 2016-05-03 17:41:46 

What the Hell dos it say of an Entity , that has One set of rules for some of
its Members & a different One for One
of its members ??

I agree with the persons in England who stated that spreading Cricket throughout the Commonwealth is important .

The important aspect of this exceedingly Sordid Issue , is :

THE FACT THAT ENGLAND ; AUSTRALIA &

INDIA COLLUDED TO HIJACK MOST OF THE

ICC's PROFITS . WHY THE HELL IS THIS

BEING GLOSSED OVER ?????

Worse yet 7 Foolish Members of the
International Cricket Cabal agreed to
this Hijacking . One sure thing that
has come out of this Stench , is that
the ICC has lost what little respect
it once had .

It has now descended into the Realm of the Absurd , No longer can it talk
about Governments not intervening in
Cricket . BTW , that is a Hoax , Governments have & will continue to
intervene in Cricket .

It is high time the International Cricket Cabal stop making Asinine statements . Where the Hell was the ICC when the Government of Guyana took the Guyana Cricket Board to Court ?????