Message Board Archives

SO HOW MANY NEW FINANCIAL SPONSORS HAS >>>>>>>

POINT 2016-04-29 11:54:59 

The WICBC got since in the shortest version of the game Our U-19 Team ; Our
Women's Team & Our Senior Men's Team , have won the World Cup in this format
of the game .

Now if the WICBC cannot get Financial Sponsors after those thrilling Victories
then something is basically wrong with
the Business Acumen of those in the WICBC .

If the WICBC does not capitalize on these significant events , it would in my opinion demonstrate that it is devoid of Business Acumen .

rubberd 2016-04-30 10:25:14 

In reply to POINT

Here is what the main sponsor has been saying since 2014, "need for reform" no different from what the legends are saying.

McIntosh believes that major reform is needed.

"The board has to be restructured. You need to get some independent people on the board who are not going to run it on a country basis. Whenever there is a new president elected and he is from Jamaica, then the CEO comes from Jamaica and then if he's from St Lucia then it's a St.Lucian.

"It has to be what is best for cricket and developing cricket. I think that private interests are going to have to get involved in saying it is not going to work (like this)." (Reporting By Simon Evans, Editing by Neville Dalton)

Link Text

And the board's response

Link Text

TanteMerle 2016-04-30 11:29:05 

In reply to POINT

Actually a shortish post from you.

I don't read your post because dem too long.

Learn to make your POINT short.

You will get more support.

TanteMerle 2016-04-30 11:29:58 

In reply to POINT

BTW:

I agree wid your post.

POINT 2016-04-30 11:32:06 

In reply to rubberd

It is quite evident , at least to me that the Great Condi Riley is totally unaware of what Sports Max had to say .

Thanks for the link , it is the first time that I am hearing or seeing what
Sports Max had to say regarding the WICBC .

Do you have any idea whether this statement by SportsMax was in Regional Newspapers ???
It is true that this was in 2014 , but I cannot recall it being in this Forum , or other places .

My take is that rather than hire Tom ; Dick & Harry , I see absolutely no reason why the Executives of the WICBC cannot do a person to person visit to very well known , Companies & Corporations in the Region .

Frankly it is necessary to strike the Iron when it is hot . The fact that
our 3 Teams in the shortest version of the game are World Champions shuld be an impetus to secure Financial Sponsors .

What I suppose is the problem , is the fact that Cameron & Co are so high & mighty , that it is beneath
their Status to personally seek Financial Sponsors .

I would not be surprised if that is the case . Cameron is so exalted , he speaks to Players & Coaches through
Intermediaries . I am reminded of the
Adage :

" THE HIGHER MONKEY CLIMBS

THE MORE HE EXPOSES HIMSELF "

It is indeed a pity that Sir Frank Worrell is not among us . I have
absolutely no doubt that he would be
thoroughly dissatisfied with what is
happening to West Indies Cricket , especially the actions of the WICBC .

TanteMerle 2016-04-30 11:37:13 

In reply to POINT

Oh fack.

Back to long post.

steuuuppppsss.

camos 2016-04-30 12:33:42 

In reply to POINT sponsorship deals are multiyear arrangements, so depending on where we are in the cycle, we may not be able to leverage our success.

POINT 2016-04-30 14:53:14 

In reply to TanteMerle

Thanks for Your Support , I hope that you would excuse me while I transition to your request .

I am generally in agreement with President Obama who on being once asked
" What will you take to a Knife Fight ?"; without missing a beat President Obama said " A Gun " .

I like to overwhelm my Critics with
all the ammunition at my disposal . I
will try to be brief in my comments .

POINT 2016-04-30 14:58:05 

In reply to camos

The point that I am making is that at
this juncture , the onus is on the WICBC to capitalize on the success of Our Players immediately while their Stunning Successes are in the Limelight .
What the Hell good is it to wait until
Our Players successes are out of the Spotlight .

POINT 2016-04-30 15:02:15 

In reply to TanteMerle

Thanks for Your Support , I hope that you would excuse me while I transition to your request .

I am generally in agreement with President Obama who on being once asked
" What will you take to a Knife Fight ?"; without missing a beat President Obama said " A Gun " .

I like to overwhelm my Critics with
all the ammunition at my disposal . I
will try to be brief in my comments .

POINT 2016-04-30 15:07:14 

When the WICBC sells franchises for 50
years , it aptly demonstrates that it has no faith that Our Players will improve over that time .

In essence my take is that the franchises are being sold at Bargain
Basement Prices .

rubberd 2016-04-30 15:25:09 

In reply to POINT

The problem with sponsors is Digicel, their contract as principle sponsor give them the right to reject additional sponsorship.

The problem with the franchises is Digicel, Digicel is the seller, I say no more.

POINT 2016-04-30 17:42:16 

In reply to rubberd

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH . Obviously this
fact demonstrates One of the many reasons why the WICBC must be dissolved .
I would like to know who won the case that went to the Privy Council in England , That is the case that involved the WICBC ; DIGICEL &
STANFORD .

It is Public knowledge that there was a case between those 3 Parties that went to the Privy Council . I simply would like to know who won that case .

Because it is very likely that the winner of that Case , collected Mucho Dinero . I have absolutely no doubt that if the WICBC had won , WE would have heard by now . So the winner is
either DIGICEL or STANFORD .

BeatDball 2016-04-30 17:52:16 

In reply to TanteMerle

big grin lol

BeatDball 2016-04-30 17:53:38 

In reply to rubberd Principal! Not, principle.....

rubberd 2016-04-30 20:28:51 

In reply to POINT

Standford was ordered to put the Digicel logo on the team kit. Having more than X amount of retained players constituted the Digicel West Indies team.

WICB had to pay cost but the fact that Digicel was willing to play hardball to the extent of damage to the game in the region. "

The statement said that Digicel's refusal "appears to make clear that Digicel is adamant on pursuing its legal proceedings at the risk of destroying the event [Stanford 20/20 for 20] and causing substantial damage to cricket in the Caribbean."

Remember that 20/20 was new and the intent may not to have included it in the original sponsorship deal.

n order to protect its sole and exclusive rights as primary sponsor of West Indies cricket.Digicel?s Sponsorship Agreement with the WICB states that any team that ??represents, purports to represent or could reasonably be perceived as representing the West Indies?? is covered by the terms of Digicel?s exclusive sponsorship deal. Regrettably, both the WICB and Stanford have consistently denied that Digicel has any rights or entitlements as this team that will play England has nothing whatsoever to do with the West Indies.

Link Text
Link Text

POINT 2016-05-01 00:13:51 

In reply to rubberd

Thanks for the Information & the Links . So I now get the impression that
potential Sponsors , have to be approved by Digicel .

I believed that to be the case , but until now, I was unaware of these
links It is very interesting . I have no idea whether any of Regional
Sports Media reported on this .

I would be astonished if they did .
because generally they are Staunch Supporters of the WICBC .

BenGman 2016-05-01 01:22:30 

IPL 2016 Sponsors/Partners

Overall
Vivo (Chinese Smartphones)
Vodofone (Phone operator)
Yes Bank (Banking)
Free charge (Online phone topup)
Suzuki (Vehicles)
CEAT (Tyres)

Delhi Daredevils
Daikin (Air-Conditioning)
Karbonn smartphones (Phone company, direct competition with overall IPL title sponsor and the KKR sponsor?)
Mother Dairy (Diary products)
Manforce (Condoms cool)
Shiv-Naresh (Sports Apparel)
Kingfisher Premium (Alcohol - beer)
Officer's Choice Blue (Alcohol)
KS Deos (Deodorant)
GMR (Infrastructure)
RBL Bank (Banking, direct competition with overall IPL sponsor?)
Air India (Transportation)
Fever 104FM (Radio)
Goel TMT (Steel, in competition with the KKR steel sponsor?)
Skill India (Training)
etc.

KKR
Khadims (Footwear)
Luxcozi (Underwear)
Sansui (Electronics)
Colors (Aapaka Colors Media)
Keo Karpin (Cosmetics, Hair Oil)
SRMB TMT (Steel, in competition with the DD steel sponsor?)
Pepsi (Non Alcoholic drink)
Gionee (Smartphones, in direct competition with the IPL title sponsor and the DD sponsor?)
etc.

Compiling this list is getting tedious, spent 30 mins already and I wanted to do this for all the teams.

The point I wanted to make is that the IPL and the individual teams have many companies/sponsors/partners that are in direct competition with each other.

There are soo many sponsorship models for tournaments. The West Indies is too myopic.

The CPL started out with the tournament owning all the teams, hence they would have preferred a kit deal for all the teams. Now as the CPL teams are being purchased by other entities, will the CPL allow team owners to get their own sponsorship and have sponsors in direct competition with the overall tournament ones?

By extension, would the West Indies be more flexible to earning potential by allowing more sponsorship opportunities to regional teams (PCL, Super50 and the International teams) by not limiting competition?

rubberd 2016-05-01 08:59:40 

In reply to BenGman

Great post!!!!!!!!

The point I wanted to make is that the IPL and the individual teams have many companies/sponsors/partners that are in direct competition with each other.

I have added a link to the Australia model, they call them commercial partners nothing exclusive about the arrangement.

Link Text

BenGman 2016-05-01 11:31:10 

In reply to rubberd

Toyota is a major sponsor for the BBL while Sydney Thunder is sponsored by Mazda so there is competition between sponsors/partners at different levels in Australia. There is no problem for a Sydney Thunder player to wear their Mazda logo on their chest in championship photos with a background showing Toyota or even promotional material.

The Digicel/C&W battle has been a major source of the bitterness between Players rights/compensation and the WICB but its both the players and WICB to blame. Players refused to be in photo shoots with tournament sponsors differing from their personal sponsors due to fear of premature cancellation of their personal contracts, when now in the IPL/BBL this occurrence is common place.

Folks (WICB, regional boards, players, tournaments) in our Region need keep up to date (and have a willingness to be more flexible) in business for things to improve so everyone 'can eat-a-food'.

rubberd 2016-05-01 14:01:50 

In reply to BenGman

Time for WICB to get out of current Digicel contract it hinders WICB ability to grow revenues and it one of the reasons they have to raid the international players pot to fund the PCL. You get politicians involved in WI cricket and lack of transparent transactions follow. As it relates to players rights WICB inserted this clause probably without discussion with WIPA, the new sponsor went to overkill in its quest to crush C&W west indies cricket was just collateral damage.

Clause (5.1) 2003
(b) Without limiting clause 5.2, the Player agrees that at all times
whilst representing the WICB (including whilst playing, training,
attending official functions, attending media conferences and
being present at a match venue) he will not do anything that
constitutes a Player Endorsement in relation to a competitor of a
WICB Major Sponsor unless he has a pre-existing agreement with
such a competitor that has been approved in writing by the WICB
under this Contract or the Player's previous player contract with
the WICB or the Player's agreement with such a competitor predates
any contract he has had with the WICB.

POINT 2016-05-01 15:53:26 

Rubberd & BenGman , thanks for your imput . Meanwhile Cameron et al are walking around like Emperors while the fact is that the WICBC for many years now has demonstrated that its Members
are utterly devoid of Business Acumen .

I do not believe that DIGICEL is going to let them out of the Contract very easily . THEY gave DIGICEL a very good Deal . So they will have to now pay for their colossal Stupidity .
The problem is that what both of you have stated here will never be in any of the Sports Media in the Region , they are cowed by WICBC .

As I have stated here frequently ,all the Regional Tournaments at one point had Sponsors . Stanford was running the Twenty /20 Tournament , and the WICBC had Sponsors for the longer versions of the game .

Suddenly the Sponsors in the longer versions of the game stopped being
Sponsors , to this very day there has been no explanation give . Neither has the Sports Media enquired . This
in my opinion is still a freaking Mystery .

nick2020 2016-05-02 05:13:41 

In reply to BenGman

There are soo many sponsorship models for tournaments. The West Indies is too myopic.

Why do you believe that was the WICB's call? Any sponsor would want to keep out a competitor. The IPL can dictate the terms in a way the WICB cannot ultimately because sponsors are banging on the IPL door.

POINT 2016-05-02 10:39:31 

In reply to nick2020

When YOU sell your Soul to the Devil ,
as Chrissy would say , you are going to Hell .

It is interesting that you aint mention the fact that Your Boys have perpetually displayed exceedingly Poor
Business Acumen .

Yet you have the freaking Nerve to come on this Post , you need to walk around in Sack Cloth & Ashes , also
all your friends in the Worst International Cricket Board in the
Commonwealth , aka, the WICBC .

Those are the people that You & others of your ilk Worship , They have been and are utterly devoid of
any semblance of Business Acumen .

This is why they have to GO . Also their many friends in the Sports Media ; who refuse to call them out .

POINT 2016-05-02 16:53:49 

The very fact that the WICBC has tied up itself in Knots regarding Digicel .
demonstrates that its Members are not Fit to be at the helm of West Indies Cricket .

I have previously asked about the paucity of Financial Sponsors , prior to this Post , and was informed that
due to Contractual Obligations , the
WICBC has hamstrung itself .

Now these are the people who are fighting Tooth & Nail to remain at the helm of West Indies Cricket . In
essence , regardless of the success of ALL our Teams in the International Cricket Arena in the shortest version of the Game , they are unable to capitalize on this , because of Digicel .

It would be interesting if the Commess Man , and the other Lackeys of the WICBC , come here to defend the indefensible . So far they are
afraid to do this .

positiveg 2016-05-02 19:46:36 

In reply to BenGman

I can tell you that the major sponsors of the CPL teams have no direct sponsors on teams
Take Patriots
Last year the CPL was sponsored by Digicel, Busta Courts etc
Patriots had Nat Bank, Caribbean Alliance (Insurance) Yu Lounge (Tourism) but couldn't go after Coke retc because Busta was a sponsor
I'm sure it will be the same thing.

So it might be Digicel though remember TnT in it's first year was actually sponsored by a Phone Company out of the US? can't recall the name right now
I think it will get harder and harder as we don't have a large pool for sponsors to come from and you will have some direct and in-direct sponsorship conflicts.
G

POINT 2016-05-02 20:52:49 

So in essence the fact that our Players
won the 3 out of 3 World Championships
is not going to bring in new financial Sponsors , makes the Business Acumen of the WICBC exceedingly Poor .

BenGman 2016-05-03 23:47:34 

In reply to positiveg

So it might be Digicel though remember TnT in it's first year was actually sponsored by a Phone Company out of the US? can't recall the name right now
I think it will get harder and harder as we don't have a large pool for sponsors to come from and you will have some direct and in-direct sponsorship conflicts.
G

So its the organisers' policies that is causing the lack of sponsorships. If you can only have 1 sponsor for each category then its going to be very tough. They are shooting themselves in the foot!

Gujarat Lions are sponsored by TVS Tyres... direct competition with CEAT Tyres!

When KKR (Goinee Smartphones) play DD (Karbonn Smartphones) in the (Vivo Smartphones) IPL with all three phone manufacturers logos on show!

POINT 2016-05-04 18:00:28 

In reply to BenGman

Things are as they are , because the WICBC is answerable to No ONE , it also hides itself under a Fig Leaf provided
by the International Cricket Cabal ,
that states Governments must not intervene in Cricket .

What is interesting , is that the ICC & the WICBC were no where in sight when the Guyana Government took the Guyana Cricket Board to Court some years ago .

The ICC is an Entity formed by the International Cricket Boards ; for the benefit of the International Cricket Boards .

This means that the ICC is not ever interested in what Players have to say about their Boards . The ICC is also not interested , in Good Governance ; Transparency or Accountability of its Members .

This is precisely why 3 of its current Members colluded and hijacked the majority of the ICC Profits .
What they did was to offer the 7 Foolish Members inducements to give
this hijacking the green light .

The fact of the matter is that the ICC has lost forever what little credibility it had .

POINT 2016-05-05 16:11:44 

It is interesting that the Diehard Supporters , have not yet shown up to
defend their Masters in the Worst International Cricket Board in the
Commonwealth .

They relish defending the indefensible , but so far they have not yet come
here to defend the Emperors in the
WICBC .

As usual , there is not a word from
the Sports Media , especially those
who have been brainwashed by Man who speaks through Intermediaries .

POINT 2016-05-08 15:49:37 

I thought that by now I would have heard from the Commess Man , he knows
Everything regarding the INNER SANCTUM
of the WICBC Operations & Plans . He
is in essence an Inside Man .