The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Gavaskar Denied Entry.....

Emir 2016-08-29 21:57:36 

Indian batting legend Sunil Gavaskar denied entry into Lauderhill cricket stadium.

Former India skipper Sunil Gavaskar is a legend in the cricketing fraternity, however, in the United States of America where cricket is just trying to make a mark, the ‘little master’ had a troublesome experience as he was not allowed to enter the stadium before the start of the second T20 game between India and the West Indies on Sunday.

Link Text

Slipfeeler 2016-08-29 22:39:51 

An indication of the value of cricket to the average American, the Little Master one of my favourite player!

Drapsey 2016-08-29 22:59:03 

In reply to Emir

Was that the reason for the delayed start, and consequently the rained out (no result) match?

Halliwell 2016-08-30 03:26:04 

I think they call it Karma lol

JahJah 2016-08-30 04:05:42 

Damn savages! evil

JOJO 2016-08-30 05:46:55 

In reply to Slipfeeler

No. It is an indication of a security guard doing his job.

Acid 2016-08-30 07:25:54 

Gavaskar and Ian Bishop were joking about it while commentating during the match

Similar thing happened with Courtney Walsh a few years ago in Sabina Park

Emir 2016-08-30 07:33:42 

In reply to JOJO

but also an indication that the management should have had an employee familiar with the players and officials stand with the guard

BenGman 2016-08-30 08:21:45 

In reply to Emir

Guards should be 'familiar' with entry passes/credentials worn by individuals who are according to their pass have a right to be in certain places and how to determine if the individual who is wearing the credentials actually matches the person seeking entry. Guards do not have to be 'familiar' with the 'image' of the said individual.

I will say its either the fault of the individual denied entry (Gavaskar/Walsh) who did not use their provided credentials/pass or the organisers who did not provide them with the proper pass before I will put any blame on the trained security guards.

In this case I will assume they are trained because a couple weeks ago they (or some other entity) were able to deduce that William Perkins gave his pass to someone else during the CPL, so kudos to the guards for doing their job then and now.

gvenkat 2016-08-30 09:46:48 

The security were clueless.. The instructions were for them to not to allow any public through the gates when the team buses were parked and ready to go. These idiots decided to stop everyone. Gavaskar got stopped when Indian bus was there.

Myself and another TV production member was stopped and this TV guy had enough and he went after them and mini chaos ensued. It was just plain stupidity.

POINT 2016-08-30 10:16:08 

THE ONUS WAS ON THE HOST OF THE GAME ;

THE WORST INTERNATIONAL CRICKET BOARD

IN THE COMMONWEALTH , TO ENSURE THAT

RELEVANT PERSONS HAD ACCESS TO THE

GROUND .

Some may think that this is a
trifling matter , but it is not . Once again , the WICBC has displayed
its total Incompetence , but then this is nothing new .

Obviously someone from the WICBC should have been at the gate , but they are so dam High & Mighty , doing
that apparently is beneath the exalted status of the FOOLS .

googley 2016-08-30 10:23:49 

In reply to POINT

WICB was not the host! BCCI was!

btw i dont disagree on their general incompetence

googley 2016-08-30 10:24:40 

In reply to gvenkat

did you and said TV guys showed your credentials?

carl0002 2016-08-30 10:25:57 

POINT get jook by his own point. lol lol lol

POINT 2016-08-30 10:39:51 

In reply to googley

I know for a fact that the WICBC was or is in charge of Cricket in North America & also Argentina . I have not heard that the ICC has rescinded that
Plan .

This is precisely why I stated that
the WICBC was the host . So if what
you stated is correct then the onus was on the BCCI to do what I stated .

googley 2016-08-30 10:47:24 

In reply to POINT

Thess particular matches were hosted by BCCI (part of the agreement from the walk out tour). BCCI got the TV rights, sold the ticket, etc.

Yes, overall WICB is in charge of cricket in NA.

gvenkat 2016-08-30 10:54:25 

In reply to POINT

BCCI was the home board here.. So you go after the WICB without an idea and as usual vommit ur verbal crap... Sheesh

gvenkat 2016-08-30 10:55:48 

In reply to googley

Yep we had the credentials on us. IMO it was just a miscommunication. You can't expect much from a security guard who works $8/hr to have a damn clue. It's what it is.

People like to make a story out of it and since it happened to Sunny bhai it's always a big deal.

Verstehen 2016-08-30 12:41:15 

Sunny Gavaskar- mainaining the tradition of getting refused entry in the best of places for decades

Khaga 2016-08-30 13:40:55 

The security guard must have read up on Gavaskar's WC heroics. lol

googley 2016-08-30 16:01:13 

In reply to Khaga

are you saying the guard was a cricket fan?! lol

BenGman 2016-08-30 17:35:14 

In reply to gvenkat

The security were clueless.. The instructions were for them to not to allow any public through the gates when the team buses were parked and ready to go. These idiots decided to stop everyone. Gavaskar got stopped when Indian bus was there.

Myself and another TV production member was stopped and this TV guy had enough and he went after them and mini chaos ensued. It was just plain stupidity.

If the instructions were to not let anyone through when buses were there, and the Indian bus was there, then weren't the security doing their job correctly if they did not let anyone through no matter who it was? It seems the security were very right by following instructions. The person who gave them the initial instruction was the person who needed to say there is an exception. Do not blame the security there.

I reread what you said, I missed the word 'public'. But at least you do a full lockdown if there is any doubt. Still kudos.

BenGman 2016-08-30 17:38:24 

In reply to POINT

THE WORST INTERNATIONAL CRICKET BOARD

In some threads a few weeks ago when these matches in Florida was being planned it was said that India were the host. Is that not so?

WestDem 2016-08-30 17:46:14 

Spoke with de security guy there and he said Gavaskar was denied entry because after he was asked his name, his response did not match his game pass.... lol lol lol lol

He also said he had a similar issue with a short stocky wannabe journalist that was trying to get in too... lol lol