The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Congratulations Selectors!!

thefacts 2016-09-27 15:09:59 

you have well and truly Destroyed our T20 side in months after winning the World Cup!!

Congrats!!

Pacy 2016-09-27 15:11:32 

In reply to thefacts

Also Carlos young career seems to be in shambles. Last year he was an amazing prospect and this year he seems to be lost.

thefacts 2016-09-27 15:12:30 

Jason and Carlos : 2 really bad choices for captaincy (across formats)

thefacts 2016-09-27 15:13:08 

In reply to Pacy

Selectors are killing the careers of Jason and Carlos

rubberd 2016-09-27 16:32:42 

In reply to thefacts

Their problem, if you are not captain you do not play. Refuse the captaincy and career is over, Sophie's choice or is it Hobson's?

POINT 2016-09-27 17:50:35 

CONGRATULATIONS - Are also due to the
Members of the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth ;
aka the WICBC .

Its lack of Foresight ; Vision & inability to exercise Good Governance
in West Indies Cricket is Legendary .
It is truly sad that WE have to suffer
from these pigheaded Persons , who
bluntly refuse to change their 1929
Structure .

thefacts 2016-09-28 05:56:47 

In reply to rubberd

I disagree.

At the point, when captaincy was offered to both Jason and Carlos, their careers were in an upward spiral.

And in no time, both are looking lost in their respective formats.

Although, still early days for Carlos, but Jason looks well and truly lost as a captain and a player now.

Pacy 2016-09-28 06:02:23 

In reply to rubberd

It is not as simple as that. Carlos and holder might Norbert have regularly commanded a spot in the team but they had potential to become a good player. Now this captaincy and political pressure has put them in a deep dark hole. Not sure if they will be able to make out of it

BeatDball 2016-09-28 06:28:20 

In reply to thefacts

big grin lol

Cleg 2016-09-28 07:20:38 

In reply to rubberd

...so true lol lol

natty_forever 2016-09-28 08:16:13 

In reply to Pacy... yeah but he saying even if they wanted to turn it down they couldn't as they would have been victimized.

Pacy 2016-09-28 11:16:38 

In reply to natty_forever

That I agree with...

jen 2016-09-28 12:10:15 

In reply to thefacts

Holder's batting still shows promise, his bowling has gone way down the hill. Holder was set to be a wonderful all rounder for us, don't know why they gave him the captaincy. Carlos hit 4 sixes and get captain. Only the WICB boy, only them. Pollard shoulda get the T20 captaincy, if he refused then ah guess Sammy shoulda be kept big grin

bobby 2016-09-28 12:11:52 

In reply to Pacy
Exactly. Everyone of us know how vindictive the WICBandits are. And yet we have a problem when players choose to go to the IPL and make a living where they are properly treated, respected and paid.

Priapus 2016-09-28 13:23:14 

I'm hearing that the physio is running tings in the UAE. Big Bird's wings has been clipped.

imusic 2016-09-28 14:02:20 

In reply to Priapus

Who is the physio?

Big Bird certainly did not look amused when Kesrick Williams broke out into his little dance to celebrate his 2nd international wicket. cool

That said, BB seemed quite happy (as were all the other members of the squad) when he presented Kesrick Williams with his debut cap before the start of play

rubberd 2016-09-28 14:38:08 

In reply to Pacy

Take the case of Sammy appointed captain when he should have been concentrating on taking his skills to next level. What happened next, Sammy tried too hard to justify his position as captain his eye was always on his stats. He avoided the difficult patches of the game thus not testing his skills to their fullest whether bowling or batting.
I see the same happening to Jason and Carlos every time they walk out the pressure to perform is greater than if they were not captain.

We are in the habit of making failures out of our talented youth.

thefacts 2016-09-28 22:40:51 

In reply to jen

I agree with you.

thefacts 2016-09-28 22:47:45 

In reply to rubberd

Again, you are missing the woods for the trees. (Missing the problem)

One of the problems is that we are not appointing captains based on the ability of a player to lead / captain.

Jason and Carlos have shown no leadership, whatsoever, whether in domestic, T20 leagues or international matches.

and to be fair to Sammy, even in his early days as captain, despite plenty of shortcomings as a player, his leadership ability was well in display.

Even in IPL, Sammy was showcasing his ability to motivate players...

So there is a stark difference between Sammy and Jason + Carlos as an individual leader. Irrespective of their player skills.

don1 2016-09-29 05:47:10 

The fans on here and elsewhere are just as guilty to back the WICB when they discarded senior players one by one over the years in various formats even while they were performing better than the young ones.

You ALL are to blame!

If they kill off the T20 game for the West Indies we can scrap this WICB thing because it's the last good thing we have left!

johndom90 2016-09-29 07:14:29 

If they kill off the T20 game for the West Indies we can scrap this WICB thing because it's the last good thing we have left!
In reply to don1

I say let them kill the 20/20 team so that team TT 20/20 can be resurrected and promoted.

Time to b done with WICB is fast approaching.

POINT 2016-09-29 09:22:36 

In reply to don1

YOU are a very perceptive person . The
TRUTH is that those in the governance
of Cricket in the Region , are

ACCOUNTABLE TO NO ONE BUT THEMSELVES ;

THEY ALSO HAVE THE COMPLETE SUPPORT

OF THE INTERNATIONAL CRICKET CABAL

AKA THE ICC .

It should be obvious to ALL , that
the ICC is an Entity that is only
interested in making money . It is
utterly devoid of ETHICS & GOOD
GOVERNANCE .

THIS IS PRECISELY WHY IT CONDONED THE

HIJACKING OF MOST OF THE ICC PROFITS

BY ENGLAND ; INDIA & AUSTRALIA .

Logic 2016-09-29 09:27:55 

In reply to johndom90

I say let them kill the 20/20 team so that team TT 20/20 can be resurrected and promoted.

There were 6 Trinis playing in the first 2 matches. In both matches the team was nuff down after 6 overs for a few runs. Are you blaming the cappo for this, or are you blaming the selectors or do you think the trinis were sabotaging wi cricket. Don't understand your comment. If with 6 trinis in the squad the 20/20 team getting killed how is that an advertisement for TT 20/20.

natty_forever 2016-09-29 10:41:05 

In reply to POINT and Don1 ... if WICB not accountable to anyone how we responsible

The fans on here and elsewhere are just as guilty to back the WICB when they discarded senior players one by one over the years in various formats even while they were performing better than the young ones.

johndom90 2016-09-29 15:11:12 

In reply to Logic

WI is not team Trinidad...or Team Jamaica.

Do i really have to explain?

Runs 2016-09-29 17:00:47 

In reply to thefacts

Well said cool

POINT 2016-09-29 19:38:08 

In reply to natty_forever

In my opinion , most of the Regional Governments need to exercise their Clout , rather than appear to be Toothless Tigers .Some of the Stadia in the Region are owned by Governments .They can deny the WICBC access to those Stadia .

They can also impose taxes the WICBC;
they can also in my opinion take the
WICBC to Court , for failing to exercise Good Governance in West Indies Cricket .

There exists a lot of things that tangibly demonstrates that the People
in the WICBC are Arrogant ; devoid of Foresight & Vision ; continuously
at war with their Employees ; and this fosters a very unhealthy relationship , as opposed to a harmonious relationship , which is what is required .

Personally , the fact that England ; Australia & India not only colluded to hijack most of the Profits of the ICC , THEY coerced the other International Cricket Boards ,into
agreeing with the hijacking , by promising them more Tours .

I would like the activities of the
ICC to be scrutinized , regarding whether it should be disbanded or undergo serious Structural Changes .

As I have stated elsewhere in this
Forum , I believe that the ICC has
sunk lower than both the scandals WE
have seen from both the IOC & FIFA .