The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: War of words prior to TTCB elections

CaribbeanCricket.com 2016-10-19 11:00:49 

The gloves are off leading up to the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) Elections, as a war of words behind-the-scenes continues between incumbent board president Azim Bassarath and the opposing team led by former West Indies cricketers Dinanath Ramnarine and Daren Ganga.

Bassarath is hoping to defeat Ramnarine and earn re-election as president of the TTCB for a third consecutive term at the Annual General Meeting this Saturday.

Ramnarine, a former president of the West Indies Players Association, has been advocating for a change in the TTCB constitution to remove the 12 outgoing votes enjoyed by the Executive to no avail. Ramnarine invited Bassarath to a public symposium last Sunday involving club members and key stakeholders in cricket at the Chaguanas Borough Corporation to discuss several issues surrounding the election and local cricket.

Bassarath, who chose not to attend the symposium, took the opportunity via an email reply to attack Ramnarine’s public outbursts concerning the TTCB’s running of local cricket.

At the symposium, Ganga fought back, stating the TTCB is hiding behind press releases and Bassarath failed to attend the symposium because he is afraid of public scrutiny.

Full Story

POINT 2016-10-19 11:37:11 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

ALL CRICKET BOARDS INCLUDING THE

THE WICBC NEED TO UNDERGO SERIOUS

STRUCTURAL CHANGES .

I am of the opinion that THEY ALL lack Transparency & Accountability .
I also believe that they MUST strictly adhere to Policies of Good
Governance .

The Truth is that there are generally
3 types of persons who are in Organizations , those who genuinely
intend to help , they are always in the Minority .

Then there are those who join not to help but to see how much they can get
for themselves, by being in Organizations .

The third type are those who simply
join because of status symbol , this group , always make up the majority .

carl0002 2016-10-19 14:43:47 

This sound familiar.
shock

Pacy 2016-10-19 23:30:44 

There is a serious need for a chance... Hopefully it starts from TTCB. WI has spiraled downwards with the administrators across the region and the game needs fresh heads to drive things

POINT 2016-10-20 17:03:41 

In reply to Pacy

Look I have been stating this since joining this Forum in 2003 . I have
not wavered , despite the Sycophants of the WICBC in this Forum .

WE must also always be very critical of the Enablers of the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth . I am referring here to
those in the Media , who bluntly refuse to tell the Emperors in the WICBC that they are stark naked .

Now it is very obvious , that if the
WICBC is a Disaster , the Regional Boards are also Disasters , since the
top officials of the Regional Boards
are in the WICBC .

Khaga 2016-10-20 17:09:41 

In reply to carl0002

Look who is involved and it's obvious.. lol