The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

For the aleppo and syria experts

Commie 2016-12-11 20:31:05 

Watch and learn

Commie 2016-12-11 20:42:51 

Please watch from beginning to end. Or you can watch the questions from 27 minute mark. Note the total absence of the mainstream Western Media.

It really is astonishing.

ProWI 2016-12-12 06:04:24 

Do you like the killing spree being conducted by Putin and Assad?

Do you want people to believe that Putin and Assad have no dirty hands in this and the West are the real and only bad guys?

Now, this group are blaming the West for ISIL in Syria. Yes, Syria is a mess, there are "terrorists". Terrorists against the Assad regime, terrorists against the West and terrorists against terrorists.

There are Syrians who support Assad because it's in their best interest. It's easy to blame the West because of mistakes made by the West, but I believe this news conference is an effort to conflate historical mistakes by the West with an actual uprising in the Middle East and placing the blame for all that is going on the West.

It takes a brave journalist from the "corporate media" to want to get himself to get caught up in that mess.

Obama was so right to direct and limit his action in that mess to ISIL.

Commie 2016-12-12 07:58:00 

In reply to ProWI

After all that tosh you have written you realise that one of the most topical issues in the world and a conflict of major proportions is guided by publications who have ZERO people on the ground ?

At what point will you stop flapping your hands and gums AFTER the event.

After Iraq it was oh well we thought there were WMDS
After Libya it was, oh well, we thought he was committing genocide.

Each of these supposed 'mistakes' have made both countries and the world infinitely more unsafe.

The game is so transparent. She mentioned the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. This is a guy. One guy in coventry in the UK. Now go google them and click on news.

Every mainstream report on Syria uses them as the 'source' smile

Its like a ponzie scheme of evil meet stupid and people just keep on falling for it because somehow they believe the story cannot be that one sidedly machiavellian.

It actually is big grin

sudden 2016-12-12 08:21:03 

In reply to Commie

It is with a sense of relief to see you return to reality.

since the US became a world player after WW2 it has involved itself in determining the direction of other countries not only through trade but via interference subtle at times but most often crudely direct, if the surface is scratched.

this has become a major pillar of its foreign affairs and has been entrenched for so long it has morphed into something labelled as 'American Exceptionalism'. Where America believes that it is the beacon at the top of the hill- a shinning light for the rest of the world to follow. With this comes the belief that it could do what it likes on the world stage as long as it benefits American interest, and it does.

Quid multa- Trump is not going to change that. his direction may divert away from the middle east but American interference will continue elsewhere unless it fades as a foreign world power. Trump may make both happen

POINT 2016-12-12 14:11:58 

In reply to ProWI

In this Forum , I have been at pains
explaining why President Obama , decided not to get involved with
the Syria Mess .

PRESIDENT OBAMA CLEARLY STATED THAT

HE WANTED THE SUPPORT OF CONGRESS

VIA LEGISLATION , TO DEAL WITH THE

SITUATION IN SYRIA .

The reason why he did that is because
Obama was fully aware that this was
an Election Year , and he was not about to do anything that would invite the Republican dominated Congress to impeach him .

THE REPUBLICAN LEAD CONGRESS REFUSED

TO DO THAT . OBAMA THEREFORE DECIDED

DO NOTHING . LET ME AGAIN STATE THE

FACT THAT TO THIS VERY DAY , THE

REPUBLICAN LED SENATORS BLUNTLY

REFUSE TO HAVE A VOTE ON SEVERAL OF

PRESIDENT OBAMA'S NOMINEES .

HOWEVER MANY BIG IDIOTS HERE & IN

THE MEDIA , REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE

THIS FACT .

Those Big Idiots must be ignored .
Obviously , waging a war vs Syria , requires money . The Republican dominated Senate was not going to
give President Obama money to fight
the War .

He would therefore be stupid to go to
War with Syria , not getting money to
prosecute the war ; also Obama had to
also take into consideration , what
impact this would have the General
Election . It obviously would have
hurt Hillary Clinton Bigly .

I am of the opinion that President Barack Obama realized that he was between a Rock & a Hard place , and
his best option was to do nothing .

Credence must be given to the fact that President Barack Obama taught
Constitution Law in a College .

" FOOLS RUSH IN WHERE

ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD ".

Commie 2016-12-13 16:17:57 

Ignoring the BS from Point above.

Truth will come out

Khaga 2016-12-13 16:29:51 

In reply to Commie

After Iraq it was oh well we thought there were WMDS
After Libya it was, oh well, we thought he was committing genocide.

It predates Iraq as well..The assortment of jihadists from the disparate Central Asian countries that flocked to Afghanistan to fight the Soviet Union were actively recruited by the CIA and heavily armed. The USA looked the other way when Taliban initially appeared and took control of Afghanistan.

The story repeated in Syria.

Commie 2016-12-13 16:36:08 

In reply to Khaga

The price for preserving freedom.

Well someone left freedom to preserve to long and now it tastes bad and smells even worse.

So much so they want to run a coup on their own president elect big grin

sudden 2016-12-13 18:17:50 

In reply to Commie

how about when the Soviet Union annexed eastern Europe and was a big player on the World scene. oh i forget that was before Russia-sorry

mikesiva 2016-12-14 10:16:02 

In reply to Commie

As usual, Robert Fisk's article is worth reading...I was just going to post it, when I saw you already had!

POINT 2016-12-14 17:57:13 

In reply to Commie

As always , it gives me Great Pleasure
to return the sentiments you have expressed about me back to You BIGLY .

I know that YOU cannot refute what I
stated . You however can seek solace
in the fact that in this Post there
are others who think like You , never mind the fact that like You ; what they purport aint based on reality .