The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

James Anderson - The great fraud...

Devin 2016-12-12 01:15:00 

averages 35.36 with the ball away from home.

averages 25.63 at home.

There's also a great disparity in terms of his Tests played at home as opposed to away. Seems like Jimmy-boy doesn't enjoy playing cricket away from the home of wankers.

Khaga 2016-12-12 03:52:03 

How about further dissecting that away average?

CricketLuva4 2016-12-12 07:23:10 

In reply to Devin

Now now bro, a little more than a year ago, I believe that you described Anderson as the most "skillful" bowler in the world. Or was that Doosra?

Halliwell 2016-12-12 08:48:33 

In reply to Devin

Is chucker-Ashwin a fraud?

Devin 2016-12-12 09:11:20 

In reply to Khaga

I'll pick three teams for the hell of it:

In Australia - 13 matches, 43 wickets, best bowling 4/44, 38.44 average.

In South Africa - 8 matches, 25 wickets, best bowling 5/63, 39.92 bowling average.

In India - 10 matches, 26 wickets, best bowling 4/40, 33.46 bowling average.

Devin 2016-12-12 09:12:10 

In reply to CricketLuva4

Anderson is the most skillful bowler in the world..............in conditions conducive to swing bowling. He is also a skillful wanker.

matchstick 2016-12-12 09:12:29 

Obviously this thread came about from anderson's comment about kohli...

“I just think any technical deficiencies he’s got aren’t in play out here. We had success against him in England but the pace of the pitches over here just take any flaws he has out of the equation. There’s not that pace in the wicket to get the nicks, like we did against him in England with a bit more movement. Pitches like this suit him down to the ground. He’s a very good player of spin and if you’re not bang on the money and don’t take your chances, he’ll punish you.”

Can't see how that cannot be appreciated as a fair comment from an experienced bowler.

Devin 2016-12-12 09:12:45 

In reply to Halliwell

Yes, until Ashwin regularly dismantles sides away from home, he is nothing more than a home bully.

Devin 2016-12-12 09:14:32 

In reply to matchstick

Because the last time England toured India, Kohli scored 188 runs in 4 tests and averaged 31. 103 of those runs came in one knock.

Kohli has always struggled against England, home and away, in both formats.

Obviously something has changed.

mikesiva 2016-12-12 09:15:16 

In reply to matchstick

It's ungracious and poor sportsmanship, considering the man just made a double century against your bowling attack....
cool
It's like certain tennis players always finding excuses for losing. It's not that he's a good player, it's because we couldn't exploit his flaws, because these Indian pitches cover those flaws, etc.

Funny how these pitches couldn't cover the flaws in the England batting....

matchstick 2016-12-12 09:20:27 

In reply to Devin

I just think any technical deficiencies he’s got aren’t in play out here. We had success against him in England

Devin 2016-12-12 09:21:29 

In reply to mikesiva

England have won 3 of the 4 tosses, and still managed to find a way to get pasted.

I think i read a stat saying that only three times has a team scored 400 or more batting first and lost. England have done it twice.

matchstick 2016-12-12 09:21:45 

In reply to mikesiva

Funny how these pitches couldn't cover the flaws in the England batting....

U wanted the man full analysis of the entire game all in one breath in his response to a question about a specific aspect of the game?

Devin 2016-12-12 09:23:23 

In reply to matchstick

Yes, and I'm saying that they've had success against him in India as well. What is noticeable is that Kohli is regularly batting on middle stump, and he's no longer dabbling at those deliveries on 4th and 5th stump. Not only has Anderson failed to take Kohli's wicket once in this series, I don't think he's even beaten his bat.

matchstick 2016-12-12 09:27:46 

In reply to Devin

What is noticeable is that Kohli is regularly batting on middle stump, and he's no longer dabbling at those deliveries on 4th and 5th stump.

While that may be a technical improvement you are categorically saying that the more batting friendly conditions are not assisting him in that decision making?

Devin 2016-12-12 09:29:57 

In reply to matchstick

I am saying that English bowlers have caused him problems in India and England. What has changed?

Devin 2016-12-12 09:31:04 

In reply to matchstick

I can contend that India has the most difficult pitches to bat on, certainly in recent years. I can provide the stats to back it up as well.

matchstick 2016-12-12 09:34:12 

In reply to Devin

I can contend that India has the most difficult pitches to bat on

Sure... go ahead for seam bowling.

Devin 2016-12-12 09:38:50 

In reply to matchstick

Shami has taken 10 wickets at an average of 25.20 in this series.

Anderson has taken 4 at an average of 53.50..

The last time England toured India, they won the Test series. Surely their seamers must have played a role in those victories. Of course they had Panesar and Swann back then, but they still relied on their seamers. I'm sure Anderson had better figures during that tour.

cricketmygame 2016-12-12 09:55:49 

In reply to Devin

AND HE HAS THE BALLS TO SAY OTHER PEOPLE DONT DO GODO AWAY

HE NEED A FACTING MIRROR

matchstick 2016-12-12 10:22:41 

In reply to Devin

None of what you stated there suggests that India has the most difficult pitches to bat seam on.

matchstick 2016-12-12 10:24:21 

In reply to cricketmygame

Maybe you can answer... what about Jimmy's statement was not fair?

I am sure if he was asked about his bowling... he would have an answer... but he was asked about Kohli's batting.

Seems a very fair answer.

Narper 2016-12-12 10:24:56 

bad blood exists

Certainly, Lancashire fast bowler Anderson has a history of riling the Indians and, on their tour of England in 2014, was involved in an ICC probe following a physical confrontation with Ravi Jadeja.

cricketmygame 2016-12-12 10:35:33 

In reply to matchstick

the timing of the statement was bad

a man just make one of the greatest hundreds of his career and u talking about conditions

why dont he assessment himself on conditions

also to judge Kohli after one series alone in England is just Jimmy being the miserable grumpy fcuk he is

matchstick 2016-12-12 10:39:42 

In reply to cricketmygame

This has noting about Jimmy's bowling...

He was asked about Kohli's batting and he gave a very fair (Certainly not unfair) assessment.

Still don't see what he said wrong.

if you’re not bang on the money and don’t take your chances, he’ll punish you.

Devin 2016-12-12 10:48:15 

In reply to matchstick

English commentators and analysts have already gone to great lengths to point out the adjustments Kohli has made since that 2014 tour. Based on this tour, I can say that Anderson is not even in Kohli's head, which is surprising, even knowing how supremely confident Kohli is in his own abilities.

Narper 2016-12-12 10:49:16 

In reply to matchstick

It is obvious Jimmy is being a sour puss. Whether what he is saying is true or not.

There is no love lost between Jimmy and the Indian team...period.

Narper 2016-12-12 10:52:05 

In reply to Devin

At the presentation.....Captain Cook last night said Kohli is one of the greats of this generation....and that is no idle comment to please anybody....he was just stating the fact.

Virat is in incredible form, having one of the series you dream of. Clearly one of the great batsmen of our generation."

He further said..
Virat leads from the front, captains the side and it's very hard to bowl to him."

Khaga 2016-12-12 11:25:59 

This thread is about Anderson, the fraud and not about his verbal diarrohea..What is the issue here?

matchstick 2016-12-12 11:44:28 

In reply to Narper

It is obvious Jimmy is being a sour puss. Whether what he is saying is true or not.

Can't agree with those two statements together.

The man was asked about VK and give his opinion about him.

CricketLuva4 2016-12-12 12:38:48 

In reply to Devin

You said that after he took a 4fer in the UAE.

Devin 2016-12-12 12:46:58 

In reply to CricketLuva4

I should've known better, I mean Pakistani batsmen are generally awful with terribly bad technique.

Khaga 2016-12-12 12:54:19 

In reply to Devin

lol

granite 2016-12-12 16:38:22 

In reply to Devin
That skunt cyah tek em licks and can only look like a star in damp conditions in England.

WestDem 2016-12-12 17:08:32 

In reply to matchstick

Dude, the timing and his response point to nothing but being a sour puss, after dat double ton he drop on their arse, a better response would be something like... its very good to see him (Kohli) working on improving cause we gave lots of trouble in previous encounters. cool

Tryangle 2016-12-13 09:16:53 

Inzaman Ul Haq had a comment that made me laugh:

"It is surprising to me that Anderson should question Kohli's runs and ability because I haven't seen him take too many wickets in India," Inzamam told Geo Super sports channel. "Does Anderson mean to say that if you get runs in England you get some sort of certificate that makes you a quality batsman?"

doosra 2016-12-13 09:20:16 

In reply to Tryangle

funny

btw Inzi averages 54.6 against England and 42.5 in England

his average in India is similar to that of England...54.8

POINT 2016-12-13 18:42:06 

In reply to Devin

My understanding is that James Anderson is currently the highest Wickets taker , for Pacers in England .
Now my take is that this is much more
important than what You have stated .
I am an admirer of Anderson , because
at the U-19 Level , The West Indies U-19 Team played a Test Series , which the Wst Indies Team won .

In that Series , Devon Smith was adjudged the Best Batsman & Kenroy Peters , yes the Invisible man , was adjudged the Best Bowler .

The interesting thing is that England
saw something in James Anderson , while those who select & Coach Players in the Region , ignored Kenroy Peters .

openning 2016-12-13 20:18:39 

In reply to POINT

The interesting thing is that England
saw something in James Anderson , while those who select & Coach Players in the Region , ignored Kenroy Peters .

Point you keep repeating the same nonsense over and over.
A young West Indies cricketer is not brought up around a professional system like England and other countries.
There are more than ten countries with different government that come together to form, the WICB, each Island for the last 75 years, provided players to represent the region, it is still the same today
A young Devon Smith, Peters and hundreds of our young cricketers needed a system like England, where they could become pros.
Do you realized that only two Islands have players on local contracts and academies?
How is young Stewart going to develop, if there is not a structure, fill with coaches, training facilities after his U-19 days are over
Sending anyone to an oversea academy, and have no structure when that person return is a waste of time and money
BTW, there is a reason why our top regional olympians, live and train away from the region.

POINT 2016-12-13 21:18:07 

In reply to openning

YOU have wittingly or unwittingly missed the point I made . It is very evident that the Cricket Authorities
in England saw something in James Anderson ; as a result his talents were harnessed and honed .

Kenroy Peters on the other hand was
made Invisible . Because WE worship
on the Altar of " PACE LIKE FIRE " .
It is quite possible that it may have
been possible for Kenroy Peters to get more pace . But the Truth is that
he was left in the Wilderness .

In this Forum , YOU have always insisted that YOU are a Disciple of
Every Country in the Islands develop
only their Players .

I on the other hand will always insist that:

ALL PLAYERS IN THE REGION MUST BE

ABLE TO ATTEND ALL ACADEMIES IN THE

REGION ; REGARDLESS OF WHERE THESE

ACADEMIES ARE .

You are vehemently opposed to this .I
applauded the Trinidad Cricket Board
who added Emmanuel Stewart of Grenada
to their Touring Team some time ago .

YOU are in favour of packing the West Indies Team with as many Bajans as possible . I cannot , and will never
ever subscribe to that B.S .

I will always be in favour of the best Players in the Region , having access to the Best Academies in the Region .

My take as I have stated several times in this Forum , is that the
generally 3 Teams are perpetually
winning the Regional Tournaments ,
and generally the Windward & Leeward
Islands Teams are always at the Bottom .

THAT IN MY OPINION AINT HELPING TO

RAISE THE STANDARD OF CRICKET IN THE

REGION ; BUT I GET THE IMPRESSION ,

FROM YOUR UTTERANCES , THAT IS NOT

YOUR CONCERN .

The fact is that it is only if the

Regional Tournaments are keenly contested can the Standard of Cricket in the Region get higher , and OUR
Standing in the International Cricket
Arena start climbing .

I will always believe in the Philosophy that :

" UNITY IS STRENGTH & A CHAIN IS AS

STRONG AS ITS WEAKEST LINK " .

However WE are barking up the wrong Tree . The first order of business is
to insist that :

THERE MUST BE SERIOUS STRUCTURAL

CHANGES IN THE WICBC & ALSO THE

REGIONAL BOARDS .

THIS IS PRECISELY WHERE MOST IF NOT

ALL OF THE PROBLEMS REGARDING CRICKET

CAN BE SOLVED ; IN MY OPINION .

POINT 2016-12-13 21:24:31 

In reply to openning

I make no apologies for what I have stated here , and I am never ever
going to change my views .

At every level regarding Progress in the Region WE are handicapped by the
colossal Insularity that at every single level Divides us .

Why ? It is because WE are perpetually blinded by our Super sized Egos , which fuel OUR
Colossal Insularity .

As I have stated here very recently ,
Charles Ollivierre got an opportunity
to be on the First West Indies Cricket Team to Tour England because
of the Manager of the Queen's Park
Oval , who had been the Manager of
the Queen Victoria Park in SVG , and
knew Charlie Ollivierre & his brother
abilities in Cricket .

It is quite possible that had HE not
been aware of Charlie Ollivierre &
his brother , who toured England on the second West Indies Team to Tour
England . NO ONE would probably have heard of the Ollivierre Brothers prowess in Cricket .

tc1 2016-12-13 21:39:38 

In reply to openning

Do you know that for every youth player in the world that make it 5 or more will fail to make it?the odd are high than you will not make it to the international level.

The POINT repeats the same shoite 10 times a wwek day,and double on the weekend

POINT 2016-12-13 21:48:52 

In reply to tc1

The point that has escaped your puny
brain is this:

I SIMPLY WANT EVERY PROMISING PLAYER

IN THE REGION TO HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY

TO SHOW THEIR TALENT . APPARENTLY YOU

SEEM TO BELIEVE THAT IS A CRIME .

Now run along you JackAss . Please
be informed that whatever nastiness you state in response to what I write
will be always Mutual .

openning 2016-12-13 22:15:42 

In reply to POINT

In this Forum , YOU have always insisted that YOU are a Disciple of
Every Country in the Islands develop only their Players

Can you explain to the MB, how a player from SVG or any Island can be develop in in another Island, with the present Caricom system?
Dude, the best example of what you would like to see is at Cave Hill, Currency and Sabastien are product of that facility
Do you have in SVG the trained coaches, structure to make a youngster professional?
A 12 weeks in Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad, Australia or England is only good, if that player has the infrastructure and contract when he return home.
If you cannot work as an athlete, you will be find wanting at the International level.
Your idea of sending people all over the play for development purpose, is good, but where and how will these guys continue developing, if each Island don't have the structure or means to assist with their development.

Can you explain to this MB, how you will develop a world class cricketer
For me it is easy,
1. Contracts, this is a full time job
2. Having a structure, ie, coaches, trainers, professionals to assist in his development
3. Mentors available to speak to them

openning 2016-12-13 22:23:23 

In reply to tc1

Do you know that for every youth player in the world that make it 5 or more will fail to make it?the odd are high than you will not make it to the international level.

That's a given
My wife nephew was drafted by Arsenal, at 13 years his mum and dad moved from Toronto to be with him in England,
After his third year the youngster realized his playing time was like a substitute, he is now at university wanting to be a doctor.
We just do not have a professional club system in any Island, some clubs have youth programs, but it is nothing like the youth Football or cricket organization in other countries.
Guys like Peters and Devon Smith, would had been in a county structure before they played at the U-19 level

tc1 2016-12-14 01:20:04 

In reply to POINT

you write the same shoite over and over , if you were writing a different version we can acknowledge some form of it.bye the way, Smith and Peters were not the only one who dominated at youth but failed to carry on.
Pagon, Ryan Nurse,deo, Ryan hinds to name a few.

POINT 2016-12-15 10:19:01 

In reply to tc1

Let me again return the sentiments you have expressed about me back to you . In essence your belief is mutual .