The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Miller need a look in

cricketmygame 2016-12-14 09:53:16 

428 FC wkt at ab avg of 16.64 is no joke

Narper 2016-12-14 14:14:41 

In reply to cricketmygame

Over the years, I have heard the comms suggest that de Russian does not bowl wicket taking balls....and the batsmen who get out are only playing 'get out' shots...as a result of lack of patience at out dung heap level.

Now I don't buy the above.

I agree, de Russian shpould get a look in.....must be given a fair chance at the highest level.....he has more than earn the right to be given a chance.

At 35 he looks very fit....and should be abler to give at least another 3 years.

At the same time....the 27 year old Permaul has earned the right to look in too.

openning 2016-12-14 14:16:33 

In reply to cricketmygame

He said yesterday on the Mason show, that the wickets are made for spinners.

Narper 2016-12-14 14:21:54 

In reply to openning

He is wrong....the curators don't ever know what they are preparing...obviously it is guess work in the WI.

The wickets prepared are more suited to spin...does not necessarily mean they are prepared for spin.

It always amazes me that foreign touring teams are able to assess the pitch much more accurately that the WI cricket management...and they do this by just examining the pitch closely...and observing the pitch preparation practices

Baje 2016-12-14 14:51:02 

In reply to openning
So him and Bishoo should definitely be in every home series.

cricketmygame 2016-12-14 14:57:24 

In reply to Narper

if we cant give The Russian a chance then we are acknowledging that the FC set up has no value