The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Good News

Headley 2016-12-16 08:42:47 

Give credit to the Ja Government. This is one worthy achievement and it took 60 years to achieve.

It's not often we can find things to praise the Ja Government for. The amazing thing is that this was not a high priced initiative. It was mostly about common sense.

The fact that the situation in Barbados, T'Dad and Guyana is the same or worse says a lot.

BTW The quality of the writing in the article shows why we still need editors.

FanAttick 2016-12-16 09:32:30 

In reply to Headley

What is the "achievement" of which thou speaketh?

Headley 2016-12-16 10:25:42 

In reply to FanAttick

Since the pilot study began in March, approximately $350 million has been spent across seven hospitals to bolster services such as additional staff and equipment, improving waiting conditions, and increasing efficiency in the emergency departments.

While acknowledging that the project was still in its initial stages, Tufton stated already, there were signs of improvement. He added that similar projects would be launched islandwide in the upcoming weeks.

You and your kind don't need to access poor people services. There are private services that cater to you. big grin

FanAttick 2016-12-16 11:40:33 

In reply to Headley

Since the pilot study began in March, approximately $350 million has been spent across seven hospitals

Monumental "achievement" indeed lol

Let me know when the actual results are in...

Btw...Wally ent got nutten pon you...

One odda ting....Tufton is a good yute...I am proud of the trail that I blazed at 'Chesta for him to follow

Headley 2016-12-16 15:55:49 

In reply to FanAttick

Btw...Wally ent got nutten pon you...

When both sides curse me it means I am just about in the right place.big grin Although I must say Nitro has been very civil to me recently. big grin

If serving poor people is not what you are about then wtf are you doing in the PNP.

We have played the green shirt, orange shirt game so long (and to such good effect) it will take the passing of a generation before we can think of moving on.

nitro 2016-12-18 12:19:34 

In reply to Headley

Dr. Tufton is a hardworking and smart man. That is why i was so upset over how Holness treated the man.

It is a testament to his will power and humility that he fought on to work for the Jamaican people.

Things are still bad in Jamaica with the crime but there is renewed hope. With Portia on her way out and Peter set to take over, Jamaica has hope. As Mrs Obama said in her interview with Oprah Winfrey, when people see no hope they become desperate.

Headley 2016-12-18 12:47:57 

In reply to nitro

Believe it or not I don't follow Jamaican politics over the past decade as closely as I should. What did Holness do to Tufton? Is this a carryover from the leadership contest?