The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Commie partners don't want Sammy in the Windwards 50 overs team

openning 2016-12-19 18:05:59 

A couple Commies, was livid with the selection of Sammy by the Windwards for the up coming 50 overs competition.
Sammy is among the fourteen selected, but he will be available for only two games, the commentators were saying, he is only available for two games, and has not represented the Windwards in 3 years.
Insularity in the Windwards, this is new
Sabastien Capt
Fletcher VC

silver 2016-12-19 18:17:07 

In reply to openning

If he is only available for two games i could understand why people would question his selection

openning 2016-12-19 18:29:03 

In reply to silver

We have a number of unprofessionals media people in our cricket, that commie should be fired, he was rude.
There is a way to get info to the public, but this guy spoke as he was with his friends and not the world wide web.

imusic 2016-12-19 18:56:26 

Sebo people upset

Wonder what vor go say? Support sammy to death? Or......windwards right for criticizing the appointment?

If vor support sammy....why was he so against bravo, gayle, pollard etc when they missed regional cricket because of other commitments? cool

openning 2016-12-19 19:08:06 

In reply to imusic

Bro, I actually address this to you, but had imusic.
Had you listened to Commie's brothers, you would think you were in Guyana, Larr vs Narp
Guyana Blacks vs Guyana Asains
Them men no longer can tell me be about insularuty, it was Domincans against St. Lucians.
Is Pope Dominican?

imusic 2016-12-19 19:18:16 

In reply to openning

Insularity rampant bruh. Every man fuh deyself.

voiceofreason 2016-12-19 19:47:05 

In reply to openning

The Commies who are chatting like that are ignorant as much as they are insular and here is why. Windward Volcanoes is a franchise team not just a Territory team anymore and they can select a player on a pay per play basis. They are several players not on retainer who are selected by that mode.Leewards Hurricanes did it for Chesney last year. If the goal is to win a championship in such a short tournament a player can be brought in for two games to get you the wins to at least get you to the next round. Franchises all over the world do it.

Leewards and Windwards cricket is merely a microcosm of what occurs with West indies Cricket with insularity. No surprise there. Kittitians and other islanders always feel Antiguans get all the picks. There was that one time when Antigua did go on their own. It is as human to exhibit bias as it is to err. Windwards situation may not be as glaring but I am sure it exists. There was that one time when Stanford had all the teams playing as single islands and that was the last time I saw such passion exhibited by fans at regional cricket. Well until the CPL.

Pope is from Point's and Jen's country SVG.

openning 2016-12-19 19:56:24 

In reply to voiceofreason
The commentators has to be professional, this guy spoke like he was in a Rumshop, he was so unprofessional as a Commie.
It is okay to speak about the fourteen players selected, and Sammy only available for two games, but to go after Sammy personally, having not played in 3-years, and having no problem with him playing T20 cricket, is not for commentary.
Words matter

imusic 2016-12-19 20:08:41 

In reply to openning

Maybe was de same person as DIS GUY..."VAL WILSON"...name changed to protect the guilty?

Interestingly tho.....vor strongly supported "Val" then

Ah guess after one time is two

tc1 2016-12-19 21:28:12 

In reply to imusic

maybe this is the Val that I know from NY

doosra 2016-12-19 22:12:03 

In reply to voiceofreason

franchise huh

lol

Tagwa1 2016-12-21 16:49:22 

We invented it. We have inter island and intra island (Town vs country) as everyone else.

INTRA..

There was once a prolific batsman..Banfield Mark from the country. Its rumoured,a selector once said, unless he makes a 1000...no Grenada for him.

INTER

There is an ole timers story of Lance John making a 50 in QP batting at 6 or 7.

Lunch time...Cable rushed in from Dominica..

2nd inn he bat at 3 or else.

lol lol