The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Trinis leaving.

granite 2016-12-22 06:22:04 

Trinis leaving in numbers,360000 have left which is about one fifth of the population,they are going to England and USA and it's the most skillful and highly educated ones.TT have joined 8 other countries where more than 20% of the population.That has created a vacuum,who will fill it.They would be better off giving all those illegal immigrants an amnesty,plenty Jamaicans and Guyanese come to mind,and they are better and hard working people.

Priapus 2016-12-22 06:39:47 

In reply to granite

Could it be that they're running away from the exceedingly and alarming high crime rate? What is the latest murder count? Last time i checked it was approaching 400.

Halliwell 2016-12-22 07:37:41 

In reply to granite

Are you saying that only 75% of the population stayed back?!

bravos 2016-12-22 10:31:37 

In reply to granite

This is historically and progressively pal...this is no news...actually to the contrary they have been returning in droves..even my cousins did one from the UK and one from NY,real successful men,cashed in their US and Sterling and here happy and happy that they HOME.

bravos 2016-12-22 10:38:36 

In reply to Priapus

Those figures are from the 70's onward!!! and crimes apart from ignorant gang/drug murder are at record lows what are you people talking about?? repatriation were also at record highs from '01!! ...just walk straight and you good...only paper Trinis use crime as an excuse, you certainly won't get randomly killed at the mall,cinema,street,cafe,school,work,doctor's clinic etc...tell me about killings here and I will tell you what caused it...kinda like those lovely Trinis who ran to Canada in the 80's citing persecution etc ultimately causing the elimination of our non-visa privileges, all for their selfish generic big stage desires to drive a big car and live in a semi-detached..

There are 2 political sides and they just try to throw dirt on each other..if I'm not mistaken this thread is a sample of that,lol..

I certainly NAH LEAVING!! Pity those couldn't make it at home,pity their national failures and dented pride,but I know they aspire to return..if I can't make it here I can't make it anywhere...shame on the deserters with no real cause,some of them worse or just as bad as any criminal...dem is criminal to the core who have stolen another identity ..Good riddance to them,of course go get the opportunity,but don't tell me you gone because you fraid T&T,crap..

bravos 2016-12-22 10:44:36 

In reply to Halliwell

Lol 78% according to them..I just glad to know it have another 360,000 Trinis out dey...but haul dey ass doh come back!! smile

bravos 2016-12-22 10:48:37 

Nan leavin!!

Drapsey 2016-12-22 10:59:02 

In reply to bravos

In the late '70s Jamaican artiste Pluto Shervington had a massive hit with his song, I Man Born Ya (“I Man On Ya, I man born ya, I nah leave ya fi go a Canada ...”).

But after one incident he did change his mind.

bravos 2016-12-22 11:07:22 

In reply to Drapsey

Doh study it,you know we countries are some of the greatest small countries in the world where black people live free and progressive,it's just growing pains,we shall prevail and humans move they never stay one place anyway.. cool

Drapsey 2016-12-22 11:12:05 

In reply to bravos

All's good bravos. Just kicksing.

Have a great holiday season.

bravos 2016-12-22 11:37:56 

In reply to Drapsey

Saw no offence at all..all the best for 2017 Drapes!! cool

granite 2016-12-22 12:13:31 

In reply to bravosSounded like people just pick up themselves and gone,for reasons,who knows.As a poster mentioned,could it be the crime rate,but even if that amount of people left after 10 years,it is still a lot,roughly speaking that could be 36000 per year.

Andy99 2016-12-22 14:08:31 

In reply to granite

just look at the local newspapers everyday, the local news section, and you'll see why they leaving.

Kay 2016-12-22 14:20:04 

In reply to granite

Trinis leaving in numbers,360000 have left which is about one fifth of the population

Migration is a function of human nature. It has happened to very prosperous countries too and T&T is not exactly heaven...

bravos 2016-12-22 14:53:02 

In reply to Andy99

So that's why you left? Mostly dead gangsters and criminals in pocket areas and the odd deadly mugging or predatory killing that's at lower rates than major US cities?? I truly pity a Trini or anyone else who can't find happiness at home,maybe they need to learn about their country,and maybe they need to make some changes themselves that does not only include themselves..

I sincerely hope you find peace Andy and see yourself as a man of your country that can make a positive difference rather than a man of himself only looking out for himself...

T&T shall prevail with or without you Andy,we all can work toward better local news,and as bad as you may have it seem everyday I live in my country everyday I feel privileged to be part of this multifaceted unmatched diversity and everyday I think about what I can do to make it better in even the smallest way,I see myself as a custodian of my country and am prepared to go down fighting for it,rather than absconding in the interest of self only..but that's just me,I suppose the opinions of the 78% that has refused to budge,or the thousands returning every month don't matter,maybe they reading the other section of the newspapers.

All hail newspapers!!!

bravos 2016-12-22 14:53:46 

In reply to Kay

Lovely forthright post... cool

bravos 2016-12-22 15:01:38 

In reply to granite

You gotta read the fine print,also Commonwealth status,International business connections because of our long standing energy prowess,easy access and established diaspora had/has a lot to do with it..but believe me most of them hearts are home and ultimately they would be too..

But personally I see myself as a leader and I have a job to do,as small as it may be,if we can positively affect the lives of 10 people and then those 10 do the same with ten before you know it we've had a psyche adjustment,but in today's world you need a lot of money to change psyches,and that's my main goal,to simultaneously empower as I am empowered..money talks and people listen to those who can spend it,problem is most people who have it or control it have themselves dropped the ball..

Headley 2016-12-22 15:30:44 

When oil prices stay low for 2-3 years Trinis shout recession and head to Canada and USA mainly but UK too. When oil prices high for 2-3 years; jobs plenty; salaries and wages become attractive; and crisas (new cars) affordable Trinis head home.

Oil prices were very high 76-84, early 90s (?) and 2003-2008 (from memory). The pattern holds. Crime is a new factor though.

XFactor 2016-12-22 15:46:00 

In reply to Headley

Crime is a new factor though.

What is the murder rate in Trinidad?

Khaga 2016-12-22 16:19:15 

In reply to bravos

Patriot

bravos 2016-12-22 16:58:23 

In reply to XFactor

About 30/100,000 this year..45 and 42 in 08'-09'..went as low as 25 couple years ago..recent spikes fueled mainly by criminal and other personal disputes..people don't get randomly killed in T&T very often..

Statistically all other crimes are at 33 year lows,usual seasonal spike in robberies,xmas-carnival..

During our highest murder rates during those years the most Trinis returned to feed at the trough of a great economy fueled by great oil prices etc an dthey know who were getting killed and mostly why,now all this ole talk about crime,lower crime to boot!

Headley is spot on..in the 80's when we never had even 100 murders annually the most number of Trinis left during that difficult economic time,others got the memo and claimed persecution and 'fearing for their lives' as their claims for foreign residency etc.

Many Trinis just love to reap the benefits of our country and not really work in the hard times to make it better,they feel T&T owes them.. Thankfully a greater % sees it differently.

bravos 2016-12-22 17:04:43 

In reply to Khaga

How sad would be the day when I look for the opinions of others as my salvation or my comfort,I don't need a ole massa to tell me about me,those days are gone. Convenient position coming from a man who's stock had no regard for independence of others and their lands near and far.

You're like Kraft light bruh..I don't need your ole slave master validation,I can almost smell the stench of your proposal..smells like vagrancy..

I can see how a quote like that can comfort you and many others in your dilemmas...it's like you offering me an aggressive potent drug for a certain devious ailment which I do not possess,wtf..I don't need your drugs bruh..talk to your diaspora mates wherever you are...

I'm far from any situation that requires 'scoundrel-ous last refuge',your'e out of alignment as usual.

bravos 2016-12-22 17:39:11 

In reply to Headley

Spot on!! Dem! Me an dem!! redface

XFactor 2016-12-22 17:56:00 

In reply to bravos

You like fuh talk schupidness nah?

T&T’s murder rate is about 30 times higher than in Europe, 22 times higher than in Canada and 7 times higher than the US.

The stats shows that the murder rate is out of control and that’s not including the thieving; buggery and rape; kidnapping and drug trafficking that is rampant in the country.

Most Trinis find it the worst place to be, and how can you blame them?

The carnival culture, which you so highly tout, that takes precedence over work and productivity, is gonna bite you in the ass.

bravos 2016-12-22 18:57:53 

In reply to XFactor

Are you an idiot,you asked a question and I gave you good info and showed you how murder rates has nothing to do with it,showed you despite the hype, our rates are no way near our worst,of course one murder is one too many but my comments weren't about that, what a simpleton you are..I showed you the most people left when our murder rate was less than Bim and on par with many you so tout..maybe if their lust for drugs wasn't so strong our problems would be less,maybe if the US control their drug lusting population and gun outflows more responsibly and not simply look at them as hardware then maybe things would be better..

Of course you can get fucked here,but show me a country that's immune to that,you so foolish you refuse to see the connection to the drug trade and gang murders which represent the most,and if you not one of them you ok here ,and your chances of getting robbed in NY or another big city are much more than T&T,we do not have the wholesale bloodshed that's become the norm in the US and places like Mexico that hide behind rural and widespread population distributions for great per-capita numbers.

You ever see what armed bloody murderous robbery looks like in the US? What about mass random shootings? School shootings,mall shootings,cinema shootings,family shootings,courthouse shootings?

Defend your adopted lands by all means but don't judge mine by fools killing each other in some areas..

Maybe you missed it but my point is the movement of Trini people has nothing to do with crime idiot,because the most moved when we didn't have 50 murders a year,how foggy your head must be if you can't understand that ..BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!! The most returned during the years when our murder rates were the highest,but there's still more!!! No matter what you say from afar THE MURDER RATE IS NOT THE HIGHEST TODAY AND GENERAL CRIME IS AT A 33% LOW,now what does that tell you about murders?your little theory sucks like shit!!! coo-coo coo-coo..phew you little simple mind...get back to your shift and finish the people wuk padna..laters.

bravos 2016-12-22 20:58:27 

In reply to XFactor

That's right,do de people an dem damm wuk..come back on a longer break when yuh comin at me.

black 2016-12-22 22:11:38 

In reply to bravos

I certainly NAH LEAVING!! Pity those couldn't make it at home,pity their national failures and dented pride,but I know they aspire to return..if I can't make it here I can't make it anywhere...shame on the deserters with no real cause,some of them worse or just as bad as any criminal...dem is criminal to the core who have stolen another identity ..Good riddance to them,of course go get the opportunity,but don't tell me you gone because you fraid T&T,crap..

You are awfully critical of people you know nothing about or reasons for leaving. Your tirade is based solely on assumptions.

You sound like communist Fidel. lol

bravos 2016-12-22 22:35:04 

In reply to black

Read it again buddy..slowly right to the end.. smile

XFactor 2016-12-22 22:35:35 

In reply to bravos
I’m at a Christmas party enjoying champagne and caviar - Cheers!

In all honesty I couldn’t be bothered with the garbage you post.
If the only position you have to take on this debate is personal jabs, you've already lost, and I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you.

You may be able to read, but reason seems to escape you.

Go look at the stats and you will understand you are living in a precious crime-ridden palace.

che 2016-12-23 08:48:21 

Dang!!!wunna give peace a chance nuh!!!

shock shock

Andy99 2016-12-23 08:56:07 

In reply to bravos

I doh give ah flying fuck about US, I doh giving ah flying fuck about rates, I doh give a fuck about dead gangsters and criminals.

I give plenty fucks about the Granny who was abducted and robbed, the other Granny whose home was broken into and she was robbed and raped, about Shannon, Ria, Nicole, Jenice, etc.

bravos 2016-12-23 09:52:56 

In reply to XFactor

Look at how I answered your original post,you started the jabs bruh, I responded in the tone I was addressed,you guys always coming off perspective conveniently..say what I'm a soldier on the ground and have engaged the enemy more than once,I'm in the war and know it can be won,so please forgive this enthusiastic soldier,MERRY CHRISTMAS,salud!!!!!

bravos 2016-12-23 10:01:02 

In reply to Andy99

Me too Andy and I have saved ladies in the past bro including grannies,even an entire family at 1 am,I put on my bullet proof vest ran out and confronted armed men Andy..they ran off and I was even able to get them to apologize and declare that it's a 'cool scene' through connections and even got them to work on a river retaining wall job after.

Andy we have serious problems but I know they can be solved,every murder or point on our per-capita rate hurts my belly,every dead yute I think about my own,but I'm in the war and as a good soldier I see victory,so forgive this hard wearing optimistic soldier,the war is bloody but victory would be ours..we need support,we need new legislation social and institutional structures including a different approach to corrections,sometimes I wonder if those in charge are brain dead at times,the system is so weighed down by bureaucracy that it take ages just to be given the opportunity to be heard,we need to pool our resources to be heard,we need to be proactive instead of criticizing from afar,as an active soldier in the battlefield I'm offended by that..

Merry Xmas!!!

black 2016-12-23 10:02:49 

In reply to bravos

Merry Christmas!!!

Salud!!!

bravos 2016-12-23 10:03:24 

In reply to che

Yes and we haven't had one in a couple days,it's hit or miss with those fools..anyway new anti-gang anti-corruption legislation and new systems comin hopefully sooner than later,including monitoring bracelets..and harsh illegal firearm laws..

Thanks for the 'concern'..

bravos 2016-12-23 10:06:56 

In reply to black

Blood thirsty Trini population even f@cked up this guy! cool

black 2016-12-23 10:17:10 

In reply to bravos

Don't let these guys get your blood pressure up during the Christmas season. lol

I am glad that you are actively involved in fighting crime, you'll never get rid of crime but you can find the root causes and help to reduce it, maybe then, Trini will start returning. Remember, you might not see it as a reason to leave but others do.

Good luck!!!

bravos 2016-12-23 10:25:53 

In reply to black

wink