The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

George Michael died a recluse

Devin 2016-12-26 21:21:03 

Link Text

I'll wait for the medical authorities to confirm his cause of death, but I won't be surprised if it's drug related.

MJ, Prince, George Michael. These guys were a big part of my childhood. You want the people you grew up with to live forever, or at least grow old with you.

When they pass, you feel nostalgic, empty, pensive, contemplative, sad.

Last Christmas

StumpCam 2016-12-27 07:28:23 

In reply to Devin

Prior to Christmas, my wife who migrated to America in the '90s, said she loved "Last Christmas" by Taylor Swift! Naturally, I informed her that the original was sung by George Michael. So, on Christmas Eve, after doing some last minute shopping I tuned in to YouTube to listen to some Christmas songs and played it for her! Little did I know that he would be dead hours later! cry

bravos 2016-12-27 10:59:41 

In reply to Devin

It's a sad reality when everyone you know or everything from a certain era dies,you havta to start taking hints..I grew up on WHAM,saw their first videos,releases and concerts right in the UK..

We've definitely lost many icons of our childhood,most too soon though..but in reality an era is dying out right before us..we just have to let go I guess and start our own countdown.. rolleyes