The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Misbah-ul-Haq & Younis Khan

openning 2016-12-30 01:25:12 

They should be shown the back door
Its time, re shiv, age matter. lol lol

dayne 2016-12-30 07:23:16 

In reply to openning

I agree with the suggestion, but it could be a situation where there are no deserving replacements, like what is happening in the Caribbean.

cherri 2016-12-30 12:51:49 

In reply to openning

Um is a good thing that you does just sit down in front a TV and a computer..........I shudder to think how players would fare if you were in a position of authority round anybody team..........not too long ago dem did mekking big runs fuh Pakistan, especially Younis.... by the numbers the most successful pair for Pak. in recent times and you running talk......Shiv on the other hand in recent times failed big for the west indies and at this point could only manage to boss bout regional bowlers..........

openning 2016-12-30 13:26:35 

In reply to cherri
This year, like every year a number of coaches and players will either be fired or traded.
Winning matters
As one age in sports, and on a losing team, the door is usually crack open.
The WICB and The BCA are the only associations that will keep the same Directors for 20 years, while watching its test team at #8

openning 2016-12-31 13:02:39 

Misbah-ul-Haq has raised the possibility that he may leave international cricket, even as soon as before the third and final Test of Pakistan's series against Australia.

Already struggling for Test runs, Misbah lasted two balls, sweeping both, the second straight into the hands of Nic Maddison at short fine leg. That brought to a grand total of 20 runs in his last four innings, and would seem to have pushed him to the brink of calling it a day.

Misbah 'thinking about' retirement; undecided about Sydney Test

cherri 2017-01-01 11:37:24 

In reply to openning

Misbah will play the third and final Test against Australia and will do so as captain.

He will retire when he is ready, even if it is next week, but for armchair selectors to be calling time on Pakistans most successful captain is an insult to the man..........people does be ready to call time on everyone except themselves............

openning 2017-01-01 11:44:06 

In reply to cherri

Happy New Year Cherri, I am looking forward to more banter during the year.
It is fun, hope you don't take me or anyone on this MB, serious.

lol lol