The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

US has never intervened in another country's ele

Curtis 2016-12-30 09:55:09 

The US has never intervened in another country's election or leadership selection. That's why Russia's blatant interference in the democratic process of America is such a serious matter.

lol lol

np 2016-12-30 20:30:53 

In reply to Curtis

Not true ... ask former CIA AGENT Philip Agee ..
under Reagan and his CBI (Carribean Basin Initiative) -- to have a larger say in the region, and to have an eye on Cuba -- the US was covertly in support of CIAGA ...

and helped Blinds win the 1980 elections big time. Much like the Putin assist ....
lots of guns, Agee wrote about his and other actions during that time, and became Persona NonGrata in the US circles -- he wrote lots of stories in his book before "disappearing".

Commie 2016-12-30 20:37:11 

In reply to Curtis

Enjoy

bravos 2016-12-30 20:39:43 

In reply to Curtis

Nope they do not, they just hand deliver weapons and supplies to opposition factions and destroy whole countries instead,so eff you,yuh mudda, fadda, sister,bredda and nenen,dem is just collateral not even constituents..

The sheep game is real strong these days bro,we gotta get some sheepicide!

np 2016-12-30 20:42:50 

In reply to Commie

Thanks Commie ... I was just looking at my paper copy - and was about to search online .... good job and Happy New Year Sah!!!

methodic 2016-12-30 20:47:17 

In reply to bravos

my question is: am I suppose to watch them in awe my whole life? Don't I have a counter?

bravos 2016-12-30 21:06:27 

In reply to methodic

Get a Serta..

Curtis 2016-12-30 21:25:34 

I count at least 39 interventions

methodic 2016-12-30 21:25:38 

In reply to bravos

do you mean the car

Curtis 2016-12-30 22:08:18 

Guyana
Jamaica
Grenada
Haiti
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Nicaragua
Guatemala
El Salvador
Panama
Iran
Iraq
??

bravos 2016-12-30 22:15:56 

In reply to methodic

Here..

SirGarny 2016-12-30 23:15:49 

In reply to np

NP...I agree 100 %...

The US has historically interfered with any foreign election that threatens to disrupt U.S. interests. That's their foreign policy in a nutshell. The CIA has been the weapon of choice!

And if by chance the CIA is ineffective, then the US military is sent in. Ever question why the mighty US military is taking 15+ years to rid Afghanistan of a few thousand Taliban?

HMMMMM

nickoutr 2016-12-30 23:43:09 

In reply to Curtis

Chile .. Salvador Allende

methodic 2016-12-30 23:57:58 

In reply to bravos

big grin
ok

johndom90 2016-12-31 02:28:28 

In reply to Curtis

THese here United states have, and will never, interfere in the politics of any country,

by hacking, spying or any other means.

It is immoral and contrary to every democratic principle.

Not these here States...never...

Norm 2016-12-31 03:00:19 

Hahahahaha!

From Jamaica (Seaga vs Manley, etc) to Guyana (Burnham vs Jagan, etc) - and some may still believe that the US does not attempt to influence the outcome of foreign elections.

Other foreign powers interfere too: UK, Russia, whoever was behind the Abu Bakr coup in T&T, etc, but that absolves none of them.

Illegal or unethical attempts to influence the outcome of nationwide elections in the US have also occurred, as Watergate and the recent Bernie Saunders scandal showed. So, there is "democracy" for you!

Chrissy 2016-12-31 05:18:52 

In reply to np

We can ask folks who post here - Guyana was way before Agee - lol

It's fall down funny.

birdseye 2016-12-31 09:31:52 

In reply to Curtis

The US has never intervened in another country's election or leadership selection. That's why Russia's blatant interference in the democratic process of America is such a serious matter.
The US say dem do it to promote democratic leaning principles--------------Russia say dem doiit to promote fascist leaning principles-------- now you can decide which end justify the means

one side governing philosophy more closely aligned with those of Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Gandhi and Mandela – as an example:

one side governing philosophy more closely aligned with those of Adolph Hitler, Benito Mussolini, (Marshall) Josip Broz Tito, Filipino president Rodrigo Duterte

not all medicine taste good but sometimes you have to take it for ------ I don’t know – to stick around and maybe help create the environment you want for your kids – not all choices are good/equal ---- I personally don’t see these two sample camps as – “Eeny meeny miny mo” ------- wink wink wink

np 2016-12-31 09:47:07 

In reply to Chrissy and others

I only gave Curtis a little head start for the New Year ... there are so many examples in the Caribbean and nearby regions of US intervention - he could spend all of 2017 reading and researching .....

ProWI 2016-12-31 09:59:58 

The world is a complex place of varying realities. It has been that way from time immemorial. Such realities are interpreted often through whatever lens we individually perceive things.

At the end of the day you have to lie down in bed and decide on which side you prefer to lay your head.

I am conditioned by growing up in the West. My travels have allowed me to see other parts of the world, not all, but I always feel best when I return home, enlightened though it may be by my experiences.

At the end of day, I prefer living in the West. I prefer its political systems, imperfect as they may be.

I am not out to change the world but to adapt as comfortably as I can with whatever freedoms at my disposal to live peacefully.

Come to think of it, I wonder how many of us who wear our critique of America like a badge of honour would prefer to live under a Russia run by Putin.

Oilah 2016-12-31 10:00:44 

"And if your night should turn to day
a lot of people would run away...and who the cap fit..."

nickoutr 2016-12-31 10:10:40 

In reply to Chrissy
you know "the West on trial"?

Khaga 2016-12-31 10:18:32 

In reply to Curtis

Humorous. Backing "democracy" in some places while backing dictators in others..the double standards and hypocricy are endless.

Now, the other countries (that the US intervened in) never had any leader like Obama. That's why they couldn't sanction and censure the US at the "place and time of their choosing". The powerful Obama is able to wield his authority even in his lame duck days to sanction the culprits like Russia. wink

StumpCam 2016-12-31 10:24:22 

In reply to Khaga

If you think that's humorous, wait until the Don and his US Attorney, Preet start kicking Indian diplomats out of the US again! lol lol

Khaga 2016-12-31 10:26:26 

In reply to StumpCam

You have a bigger problem, illegal Muddie! The Don might even bomb the boat you have to go back in. lol

bravos 2016-12-31 10:39:26 

In reply to Norm

Always wondered how a container of arms and ammo left the US for T&T so easily!! Man dem people nasty too bad..ah fraid dem in trute..

Curtis 2016-12-31 10:56:58 

In reply to ProWI

Come to think of it, I wonder how many of us who wear our critique of America like a badge of honour would prefer to live under a Russia run by Putin

that's where you get the premise totally wrong - we would prefer to be living in our own countries, in democracies uncontaminated by foreign intervention, building our nations

bravos 2016-12-31 11:10:39 

In reply to Curtis

Bodow!!! Who the hell wanna really live live in the US any way !! Not me! Would prefer Guyana any day..

Norm 2016-12-31 19:41:23 

In reply to bravos

Always wondered how a container of arms and ammo left the US for T&T so easily!!

Done thru fair voting by an agency of a powerful foreign nation! smile