The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Marrying someone older

black 2016-12-30 09:56:09 

You see younger women marrying old men but not the opposite.

Would you consider marrying an old granny, if she is prominent or wealthy?

Curtis 2016-12-30 09:57:12 

In reply to black

young men more care about sex than money, hence the stat

black 2016-12-30 09:59:35 

In reply to Curtis

What if you stand to gain millions? Why not wait out granny for another 15 years? lol

Besides, nothing stopping you from getting a little piece on the side.
lol

ray 2016-12-30 10:06:17 

black, if yuh want to bang granny, go ahead...no need to get our opinions lol

black 2016-12-30 10:10:49 

In reply to Curtis

Do you think men are any less gold digging than women?

Drapsey 2016-12-30 10:13:09 

In reply to ray

black, if yuh want to bang granny, go ahead...no need to get our opinions

Guaranteed funding for his 'impending' invention, right there. wink

Curtis 2016-12-30 10:13:36 

In reply to black

men are short term gold-diggers, women look for long term security, and I don't generalize much

men looking a nice new ride etc. women seek lifestyle and socialite status with the perks

doosra 2016-12-30 10:14:32 

In reply to Curtis

men are short term gold-diggers

when did that change in the backroom here?

black 2016-12-30 10:23:09 

In reply to Drapsey

Guaranteed funding for his 'impending' invention, right there.

Not a bad idea. lol

Do you know of any wealthy grannies out there? lol

Priapus 2016-12-30 10:30:17 

In reply to black

You see younger women marrying old men but not the opposite.

Are you sure about that? This is quite a broad statement you have made. I have come across many couples where the wife/girlfriend is older than the husband/boyfriend. I will admit though that from my observations it is more prevalent among Caucasians.

black 2016-12-30 10:33:14 

In reply to Curtis

men are short term gold-diggers, women look for long term security, and I don't generalize much

men looking a nice new ride etc. women seek lifestyle and socialite status with the perks

I don't see a difference.

If granny is seventy-five, another fifteen years and she'll be senile, then you'll be able to have all of that.

black 2016-12-30 10:37:28 

In reply to Priapus

Are you sure about that? This is quite a broad statement you have made. I have come across many couples where the wife/girlfriend is older than the husband/boyfriend. I will admit though that from my observations it is more prevalent among Caucasians.

Not to the extent of Trump and his wife. Men are considered bread winners, any drastically differences between them (women 20 years or more older) will be looked down upon.

pelon 2016-12-30 10:40:27 

In reply to black

Would you consider marrying an old granny, if she is prominent or wealthy?

Some days it is painful to read what ideas/queries that pop into your head. Even though you are being 'comical' here. (I hope)...
lol lol lol lol
Seek leadership bro, don't pissass your time with this drivel. Ask ah shotta like Bravos about leading with your own bat. You can have it all... why the fcuk waste a day looking for SOMEONE ELSE to bring anything to you. Go blaze your own path and everything will fall into your lap (literally)

black 2016-12-30 10:51:46 

In reply to pelon

Seek leadership bro, don't pissass your time with this drivel. Ask ah shotta like Bravos about leading with your own bat. You can have it all... why the fcuk waste a day looking for SOMEONE ELSE to bring anything to you. Go blaze your own path and everything will fall into your lap (laterally)

I'll have you know that I am gainfully employed and I'll be seeking funding for my invention soon. Are you willing to help?

ProWI 2016-12-30 11:00:31 

In reply to black

I'll have you know that I am gainfully employed and I'll be seeking funding on my invention soon. Are you willing to help?

I know a very hot, rich granny who might be willing to help with funding.

pelon 2016-12-30 11:10:03 

In reply to black

I'll have you know that I am gainfully employed and I'll be seeking funding for my invention soon. Are you willing to help?

Absolutely. I've said so before. But the more you post about fcuking grannies for money, the less inclined pelon feels (put it down to investor confidence). lol lol lol lol

"gainfully employed" means what??? To an investor, you could be a Nuclear Physicist, making 372K per year. None of that matters. It's what/how you spend, and what you do with the money + the decisions you are CURRENTLY making that matters. I could not care less about your actual employment status as an investor.

Do you know how many BROKE "gainfully employed" people live in the suburbs of USA....

cricketmygame 2016-12-30 11:10:34 

In reply to ray

roflmao

black 2016-12-30 11:19:22 

In reply to pelonA

Absolutely. I've said so before. But the more you post about fcuking grannies for money, the less inclined pelon feels (put it down to investor confidence). lol lol lol lol

"gainfully employed" means what??? To an investor, you could be a Nuclear Physicist, making 372K per year. None of that matters. It's what/how you spend, and what you do with the money + the decisions you are CURRENTLY making that matters. I could not care less about your actual employment status as an investor.

Do you know how many BROKE "gainfully employed" people live in the suburbs of USA....

Forget about all that, this is the best idea since sliced bread, we stand to make millions. Details to follow.

ProWI 2016-12-30 11:50:03 

In reply to black

I would like you to know that that not all grannies are made the same.

black 2016-12-30 11:58:19 

In reply to ProWI

lol lol lol

She still looks good but I'll pass on that one.

bravos 2016-12-30 12:13:21 

In reply to black

Bro there's so much I can add to this topic as my mom was much younger than my dad,so much so I have at least 2 siblings older than her and all others older than me and too old to possibly be her kids from various past ladies,they respect and love her because she saved them from my dad who was a terror as a struggling failing older businessman at the time,well she brought back the business and the rest is history,,even had a sister that got pregnant and my dad banished her,well my mom hid her for months in the house unbeknownst to him and when she had my nephew she got him to let her live in an old house in the yard next door,that sister went to NY in the 80's and is a very successful special ed teacher today with a 3 story house and big van lol,my nephew was growing up with me as my lil brother and she sent for him a few years after. I believe it's because of her my 'half siblings and all of us are one up to this day,she kept it together,she defied all the stereotypes .

She went into it with him when the bank was auctioning off his falling down property and failed business..said they couldn't buy milk and diapers for me etc..she really turned the gold-digger theory on it's head,she probably saw something she could work and build though..says something about the struggles and hopelessness on her own family side too,told me her Indian family came down to take her back with cutlasses etc,a step-father who hated her,my dad befriended him with bottles of alcohol,he then said"de man go mind de gyul,leh we go"!!

They told me bank had many auctions while they/we lived there and no one bought the place and mom used to go and pay $100 a month and they paid it off,she was a 18 y.o Indian girl in the 70's living with an older African man living in near squalor and turned it around big time,de lil jus tun woman used to drive a stick shift Morris minor wagon in the 70's dragging down de road ffs!! I remember us all going market and dry goods store etc! What a woman and what a country!!

It's hard to paint a broad brush on such unions,my mom loved her old man,and he loved his princess,and he was empowered to treat her like the queen she became,it was because of her unwavering hard work and dedication he became king again,young men don;t impress her apparently,my dad died in 2002 at 88,she was 50,couple years after she had an older guy interest..no break away previously held down desperate cougar antics at all,that closed the case for me..

Other thing is my first son's mom was a few years older than me and I believe that contributed to the demise of the relationship,the age difference haunted me as a very young man because of social pressure,I never intended to stay with her but she had a nice apartment and I was 19 and she was 29,but I was always a bit more mature and generally more advanced than even the typical big Trini man,she 'stick' me and got pregnant,we had the greatest conversations about everything,had some really deep thought exchanges and generally peaceful ying and yang living with all the ancient ornaments and rugs etc,but she had a kinda odd way where there would be unnecessary power struggles and decisive action for sometimes nothing,she would just disappear at the mall etc for some offence that I had no clue about and would be in the yard with no key waiting when I eventually got home etc,I got fed up and saw my youth being wasted,despite her being beautiful with all the hair and fruity skin etc I kept seeing an old witch much older than me and made a commitment to finish with her before I reach 30 and I did..

Now I have all the goodies and more without an iota of contempt it's almost ridiculous and wifey a few years younger too!! twisted lol lol

But seriously had she been a bit more chill maybe I mighta stuck around longer,when she realized what was happening she desperately tried to change and did,but it was tooo late..held on for years because of my son,eventually couldn't do it anymore,and chose a summer time to execute as I knew the effect would be less on my son as I sent him away for the holiday,and wifey such a magical woman she was able to skillfully fill that gap with him,she's unbelievable..

Upon the realization that from my pov the differences were irreconcilable and my generous cash disbursement she went into exile and called me from different countries,she's now in India living in some kinda mad place meditating etc..sometime I cannot help but wonder about the kinda mad life she's living now,but I believe it's a life fitting of the complicated person she was.

Moral of the stories age may or may not be a factor in relationships and is subject to different factors in different situations.

But personally as a youth my main concern was what others thought,but as a man getting older everyday I also think your lady being a lil younger can be a good thing for the relationship,dunno bout dis marrid ting though,das jes legals..

bravos 2016-12-30 12:23:39 

In reply to black

Oh after my dad eventually got his divorce from his first wife he married my mom as he always intended and his sister was angry,imagine I done about 10 arredi eh!! And where was aunty when my dad couldn't pay his light bill,bank loan and keep his lil business running?

Maybe if as a man in my late 50's I'm presented with such a young dedicated lady I may even get married too!!

black 2016-12-30 12:32:43 

In reply to bravos

Well, they obviously loved each other, nothing wrong with that but the age differences usually manifest its self later in life. If, couples know what they are getting into, fine.

Nice story by the way. Sometimes struggles make you a better person.

black 2016-12-30 12:43:32 

In reply to bravos

My problem is that I look younger than my age, I'll have to marry someone at least 10-15 years younger to look like we are the same age.

bravos 2016-12-30 13:04:16 

In reply to black

Wifey has the same problem!!! twisted

Not my problem!!!!!!Today when I see others that I was interested in years ago,I just have to say "phew/whew" that was close'!!! Some even younger by years!! Lol.. shock

Only woman I look forward to see aging,with her even that is an intriguing exercise in the observation and study of beauty evolution!!!!! big grin

I've noticed a type of people like that of no particular race and almost all have perfect ageless necks and certain distinct features that maintain the youthful appearance..and the lack of wrinkles around the eyes etc is phenomenal..so your'e one of those huh? So what do they call US!?? Start a thread on that next time!! wink

Curtis 2016-12-30 13:08:19 

In reply to bravos

these days there's a stigma that a younger woman moves in on an older divorcee with kids, and ends up getting the property etc. for her own kids

so suspicions are always aroused, especially with the first brood of kids

black 2016-12-30 13:15:39 

In reply to bravos

Today when I see others that I was interested in years ago,I just have to say "phew/whew" that was close'!!! Some even younger by years

Yeah, but I always keep it in my head that I LOOK young but I'm not. I am middle age but we all get old eventually.

bravos 2016-12-30 13:17:55 

In reply to black

Lol...uh uh ,well enjoy it while you ahead of your pack!! That's the point ...Daah!

black 2016-12-30 13:24:39 

In reply to bravos

Yes, I enjoy the compliments. lol lol

bravos 2016-12-30 13:29:05 

In reply to Curtis

Yep and she killed that theory..she had no kids and wasn't looking for a fun time lol..and everyone already left the man and drop he children to suffer with he for years by the time she arrived and eventually saved the day... cool

There was quiet contempt from some quarters but even they came around to their senses when faced with reality..reality is she did what none of them could do before her,she stuck it out and made it and it helped all of them in some of their different life trials as they got older,from expensive health procedures involving titanium components to settling property dispute with an ex who didn't want to move out one of my sister's house because he say he invest and wanted a couple hundred gs,my mom told my dad to pay it and let the man move out her house and let her live in peace before the man kill her etc..

Even when he got his divorce with no cash settlement claimed by his ex wife of old ages, my mom encouraged him to send some money for her,she got a small fortune..

She really killed the theory.. cool

bravos 2016-12-30 13:31:52 

In reply to black

Pal I was/am so proud of my young mother eh and I is ah big ole black man wit dis lil long hair sharp features brown 'asian' chick and talking bout "Mom"..lol I love all the lil variables and doubt disbelief surprise etc it generates, people much younger than me my mother younger and sexier than dem own,even wifey's na nana na na!! lol

And some ah dem father was never around to compare dads,but even if, cash is king so dad wins too,looooool ,sad but true..but dad was one of a kind,a real inspiration..I was never once ashamed or even considered being ashamed or aware of this big age thing..all I knew is I had a strong supportive father and a mom that took me to the dentist and doctor for checkup on schedule and powdered and coconut oil me down on evenings and eventually used to go buy travelers cheques for us to go NY Mia Toronto etc lol!! I don't remember the no milk and diapers part..phew I escaped!

Obviously these unions can be genuine,mutually productive and fulfilling.. cool

nick2020 2016-12-30 19:06:02 

In reply to pelon

You would be doing great work for many people if you helped black get his invention to market.

He would be busy.

Too busy...