The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Lawyers here? Explain - Ministry of Truth?

Curtis 2016-12-30 12:50:08 

Obama signs law

611 Billion for Military in 2017 too

In early December, Congress overwhelmingly passed the Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act as part of the annual National Defense Authorization Act – an unconstitutional measure against First Amendment freedoms.

On December 23, ahead of the Christmas holiday weekend, Obama signed it into law practically unnoticed. Along with approving bloated military spending, it establishes a Center for Information Analysis and Response – a de facto Ministry of Truth.

It aims to ferret out truth-telling on vital issues, suppress what everyone has a right to know, countering it with state-sponsored propaganda – along with perhaps targeting reliable independent sources of news, information and analysis for elimination.

Orwell once said in times of universal deceit, truth-telling is a revolutionary act. In America, it’s an endangered species, heading toward becoming criminalized, its disseminators risking prosecution, imprisonment or elimination by other means.

Obama governs under a police state apparatus, hardened throughout his tenure. When truth-telling becomes fake news or Russian propaganda, criminalizing it is a step closer to reality.

Curtis 2016-12-30 14:13:34 

just fluff, or more to it? Dec 23rd? 611 billion?

I'm asking

Curtis 2016-12-31 11:25:51 

Military budget explained

Russia. The budget enables the department to take a strong, balanced approach to respond to Russia’s aggression in Eastern Europe.

We are countering Russia’s aggressive policies through investments in a broad range of capabilities. The FY 2017 budget request will allow us to modify and expand air defense systems, develop new unmanned systems, design a new long-range bomber and a new long-range stand-off cruise missile, and modernize our nuclear arsenal.
The budget quadruples last year’s request for the European Reassurance Initiative (ERI) to $3.4 billion in FY 2017 to reassure our NATO allies and deter Russian aggression. This funding supports prepositioning additional combat equipment, conducting additional training exercises, and enabling a continuous brigade-size rotation which will ensure we have three Army brigade combat teams in Europe at all times.

POINT 2016-12-31 12:09:59 

In reply to Curtis

THAT SOURCE IS NOT CREDIBLE , IT IS

JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE FAKE NEWS

OUTLETS . BTW , LOOK UP :

GLOBAL RESEARCH- RATIONAL WIKI .

Curtis 2016-12-31 12:37:53 

In reply to POINT
Question - was that act passed and was that the military budget for 2017?

POINT 2016-12-31 12:56:43 

In reply to Curtis

I have not heard about such a Bill , in the American System ALL proposed
Budget Bills have to be passed by Congress in order to become Law .

I looking at MSNBC & CNN UP TO 1.00 A.M , and I have never ever heard about this . Frankly Obama has no current Bills pending in Congress .

I sometimes read the Washington Post
& the New York Times to get more in depth information in what I am interested in .Obviously if that was
True , it would have been brought up
in the Presidential Election .

Runs 2016-12-31 13:52:02 

In reply to POINT

Point what is your view on this Illuminati stuff and financial control by a few and The New World Order pact that is being pedaled around. Thanks cool

Curtis 2016-12-31 14:11:44 

In reply to POINT
Check it here

Don't know why CNN and MSNBC didn't cover it
cool

POINT 2016-12-31 20:45:32 

In reply to Curtis

This as you are well aware was the
General Elections that also included
the Presidential Elections .

That being the case , what you have cited apparently went under the Radar .The Media & People were taken up with
Donald Trump's Antics , which as WE
now landed him in the White House .

The best thing about Democracy is that if you vote for Feces , when FECES start raining on You , You cannot complain .

POINT 2016-12-31 20:53:49 

In reply to Runs

To be honest I have paid little attention to that Stuff . I would readily agree that the People at the
Top because of their money have the ability to do manipulate things .

I have not paid close scrutiny regarding whether or not they do that . What I am going to be checking on
is whether Donald Trump is going to see if in 4 years he can amass more money than his very good friend Vladimir Putin , who is the richest
man in the World , with 65 billion dollars .

steveo 2016-12-31 22:54:36 

In reply to POINT

Whats yours and others source of info that Putin is the richest man in the world?