The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Assange: 1,000% sure Russia NOT behind emails

problemjay 2017-01-03 09:11:16 

Hmm let us see what the anti-Russian establishment will say now Link Text

black 2017-01-03 09:22:44 

In reply to problemjay

Some people are 1000% sure God exist.

Don't you think Russia is smart enough to turn it over to a third party before delivering to Assange?

problemjay 2017-01-03 09:25:35 

In reply to black

You are adamant that Russia is behind hacked emails, so who should I believe? Should I believe you who are poisoned by the bias American media or the man himself who spearheads Wikileaks, Julian Assange ?

black 2017-01-03 09:29:05 

In reply to problemjay

Dude, do you expect Assange is going to tell anyone where he got it from? His business depends on secrecy.

problemjay 2017-01-03 09:43:58 

In reply to black

Due, did he disclose where he got it from? read again, he said he is sure it was not Russia. He sill maintains the secrecy which makes Wiki valid and trusted

cricketmygame 2017-01-03 10:20:26 

In reply to problemjay

i dont really care about the hacking but how is assange a credible source?

black 2017-01-03 10:39:44 

In reply to cricketmygame

Exactly. He is never going to disclose his sources.

If he does, he out of business.

birdseye 2017-01-03 10:45:07 

In reply to problemjay

Don’t just believe in forensics when it suits your purposes --- hackers use a lot of indirections to apply their trades – but just as serial criminals have certain modus operandi --- serial hackers have MOs too– there are a finite numbers of servers out there for hackers to use in their misdirection’s – may be numerous but still finite------- because the hackers aren’t captured does not mean they are not identified - ---- most are just out of range of their pursuers – for the time being ----- just as the hackers finds route to computers to hack ------- those routes can be traversed back to origination - even if the links are cut --------

Trump says he knows more about hacking than anybody else ----- trump doesn’t have a clue how 64 bit word (bus), register, made up of flip-flops stores and manipulate data……he probably thinks there is a slate inside the computer on which information is written……..

DAVE400 2017-01-03 11:33:22 

Assange is a hero to transparency and AFIK HAS NEVER displayed an agenda.

steveo 2017-01-03 11:41:33 

In reply to problemjay

I said this sometime ago, there is no smoking gun to tie russia with this. Its a "yellow cake" kinda info being peddled by the media. Anybody could have done it, there is nothing like a "digital fingerprint" on this stuff as cnn would have u believe

black 2017-01-03 11:49:10 

In reply to steveo

Someone leaked the information and who it is cannot be disclosed by Assange, so you cannot rule out anyone.

steveo 2017-01-03 11:57:34 

In reply to black

May have been a leak indeed, most likely in the democrat camp.

black 2017-01-03 12:00:05 

In reply to steveo

Hack.

steveo 2017-01-03 12:04:34 

In reply to black

Ok, i am sure u have the bullet proof evidence to back it up.

black 2017-01-03 12:06:38 

In reply to steveo

Ok, i am sure u have the bullet proof evidence to back it up

That's my point, we don't know, so how can you rule anyone out?

Assange cannot disclose that information, his business depend on secrecy.

Ewart 2017-01-03 12:20:38 

In reply to problemjay

More FAKE "news."

//

ProWI 2017-01-03 12:35:35 

In reply to problemjay

He should have been 10,000% sure. As sure as he is that you don't have a head on your body.

Poor Donald, the Russian Plant, can't get over the fact that his presidency will always be considered tainted through Russian subterfuge.

nickoutr 2017-01-03 13:07:39 

In reply to ProWI

Poor Donald, the Russian Plant

how do you conclude the Great Donald Trump is a Russian Plant???
Wasn't obama a Manchurian candidate???
wasn't he a muslim brotherhood plant?
didn't he look after only muslim interest during his almost 8 years in office???

birdseye 2017-01-03 13:08:37 

Every computer has and IP address – there are tools to identify the IP of any computer trying to get into your machine – granted this IP may not be a direct link to the hacker – but you can trace it back to its origin – that origin is operated/own by some entity – that entity may be a dark site – but you locate them – they can take you another step back ----- so tracing hacker’s origin is not impossible – maybe complicated and need some influence to pressure dark site owners --- but its doable

cricketmygame 2017-01-03 13:19:43 

so Conway says that assange say?

wow

what credible sources

birdseye 2017-01-03 13:35:26 

In reply to nickoutr

Sometimes you have to see the forest from the trees – just because some things are similar don’t mean they are the same --------this is not a case of Syllogism – there are no major or minor premises here ---- that would lead to the conclusion you are suggesting ------- that

attributions to president Obama are false

Trump is President (elect)

Therefore all attributions to Trump are false

Is that what you want us o believe? -

Khaga 2017-01-03 15:06:31 

In reply to birdseye

For you Obama is always right and anyone who is opposed to his position is wrong. How can you muse these abstractions when you are so biased?

birdseye 2017-01-03 16:15:10 

In reply to Khaga

I plead guilty to being bias ---- Obama has disappointed me in many instances - but you have to see that sayings - Obama is a Muslim, a Manchurian candidate, wasn’t born in the USA - were all motivated from major nefarious mindset ---- – the Trump Putin lovefest is the sole genesis for Trump being dubbed a Putin flunky

Khaga 2017-01-03 18:06:40 

In reply to birdseye

The attacks on Obama have been unpresidented and he has largely been at his gracious best. That's why this hitch"hacking" on the Clinton whinging wagon is shocking!

steveo 2017-01-03 21:10:22 

In reply to birdseye

Every computer has and IP address – there are tools to identify the IP of any computer trying to get into your machine – granted this IP may not be a direct link to the hacker – but you can trace it back to its origin – that origin is operated/own by some entity – that entity may be a dark site – but you locate them – they can take you another step back ----- so tracing hacker’s origin is not impossible – maybe complicated and need some influence to pressure dark site owners --- but its doable

In the age of public wifi networks and zombie computers, why would anyone use an IP that can in anyway be linked to them?

DAVE400 2017-01-04 09:02:34 

In reply to steveo

The substantive question is not about who hacked or leaked the emails....more about the content and location of those emails....