The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

W.I. cricket captain starting 2017

solidrock 2017-01-09 10:46:01 

I am now ready to give a tough and needed call as to the next captain for our WI team for the next 3-4 years.
There is only one person presently who genuinely deserves the privilege as we start 2017. Based on experience, mental toughness, overwhelmingly earns place on merit in any format; and shows the ability to learn as a cricketer and person.

I call for the immediate elevation of NIKITA "Russian" Miller as captain of our WI team. He is the right man for this time in our history. This call for Miller is based on sheer merit, ability and proven humility and cricket experience!!! He is one of the best and most fruitful FC class cricketers ever produced by Caribbean cricket over the past 50 years!

[Time to stop playing around with the very weak leadership gifts and graces of Holder and K. Brathwaite. Let these fine young men grow into being the best players they can.
Time for an excellent cricketer with a mans heart and mind to do a mans job. For the next 3-4 years...our Caribbean man should be "Russian, bull-dog" Miller.]

Before some people disagree with me and even knock me, I simply ask that my fellow WI cricket fans examine the facts objectively. Come on selectors, let us make a bold move and let Miller start leading us back to the top!

natty_forever 2017-01-09 10:48:04 

In reply to solidrock...

Come on selectors, let us make a bold move and let Miller start leading us back to the top!
... going take more than Miller Time trust me on that.

Kay 2017-01-09 12:09:20 

In reply to solidrock

You missed the date or wat bro?

It's still January not April yet ....smile

matchstick 2017-01-09 22:59:27 

In reply to solidrock

Brilliant!

Appoint another man who cannot command a spot on the team and bring back another player who already showed he was not capable of excelling at the highest level.

just brilliant!