The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Knicks

defeyeant 2017-01-10 10:30:17 

So Derrick Rose juss say I not wukkin today boy, I got issues to deal wid, wunna see me when ya see me an I aint checkin mi phone.

He aint call phil, de coach, a teammate, a trainer, nuhbody atall to say he aint showing up?

birdseye 2017-01-10 11:48:36 

In reply to defeyeant

Derrick Rose went to the schedule to see if the Knicks had a game, saw "NO" and didn't realize it was the abbreviation for New Orleans.

imusic 2017-01-10 12:47:56 

In reply to birdseye

lol

imusic 2017-01-10 12:48:49 

In reply to defeyeant

Joakim Noah say he ok.

Apparently no one else in the Knick organization knows anything about his whereabouts or well being.

DRAMA

defeyeant 2017-01-10 13:37:36 

In reply to imusic

an then he going to want big money this offseason

imusic 2017-01-10 13:55:34 

In reply to defeyeant

Derrick Rose went AWOL from the Knicks before Monday night’s game, and in the search for a valid explanation for the bizarre turn of events comes this nugget out of Chicago, the point guard’s hometown:

He’s homesick.

Rose’s 4-year-old son, P.J., lives in Chicago. K.C. Johnson, a Chicago Tribune beat writer who covered Rose for many years with the Bulls, reported the parental separation is “weighing very heavily” on Rose.

Multiple reports late Monday sympathetically suggested Rose was dealing with an amorphous family or personal matter and may have returned to Chicago. It was hours before Knicks staff — or teammate Joakim Noah — could reach him and confirm he was safe.

SOURCE

cricketest 2017-01-10 14:56:14 

man prolly went off on a binge...

defeyeant 2017-01-10 15:10:50 

In reply to imusic

Boy Phil really must be regretting ever coming back east.

NYCGURU 2017-01-10 17:03:41 

In reply to defeyeant

At 12 million per year,i dont think he is loosing much sleep. The Knicks have been one of the worst run teams in the league for decades. Rebuilding with one first round draft pick in the three years and one tradeable asset was always going to be a long process. At least he nailed the pick, and he has not traded any of the future picks. Rome was not built in a day.

Commie 2017-01-10 18:01:39 

In reply to NYCGURU

They need to get rid of that Albatross of the Carmelo Anthony contract.

NYCGURU 2017-01-11 09:48:45 

In reply to Commie

Glad to see that you have come around to the truth. Redemption is a hell of a thing. I remember when D'Antoni resigned (forced out) Melo and Amare came out trapping guards twenty feet from the basket and had smiles that could light up the garden. That type of defensive effort lasted for one game. Who is smiling today, coach D"Antoni and the rockets on pace to win 60 games while Iso no defense Melo leads us to the lottery. Not a bad place to be since phil has held on to our draft picks. Do you want Melo for that Billy King gift pick?

imusic 2017-01-11 12:00:32 

In reply to NYCGURU

You rag on melo for no defence and quote D'Antoni and the Rockets as an example of how to do it right with their on pace for 60 wins.

Does the Beard play any more defence than Melo?

NYCGURU 2017-01-11 18:08:32 

In reply to imusic

Where exactly did i say that the Rockets were the model for doing it right ? Or for that matter that Harden was a defensive juggernaut. As a long suffering knick fan, i have always fealt that it was an exercise in futility to build a team around a one dimensional school yard chucker who does not defend and who stops the ball whenever it gets to him. At least, D'Antoni has a system that wins once he has a point guard that can create and elevate less tallented teammates. Substitute Harden for Melo, and the Knicks are battling Toronto and Boston for second in the East. Good night am out.