The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Leewards Hurricanes acquire Cooper and Hosein...

voiceofreason 2017-01-11 13:23:03 

... I like the Hosein move but I am not sure why they are picking Cooper based on the illegality of his action. Was he not just banned in Bangladesh??

link

voiceofreason 2017-01-11 13:23:50 

So we have 4 outside recruits in Camp: Samuels, Cruickshank, Hosein and Cooper.

robbo 2017-01-11 13:35:08 

In reply to voiceofreason

Since been cleared

cherri 2017-01-11 13:37:18 

The man was cleared by the ICC, so he can bowl........you need to keep abreast of the game, follow the news and know what is going on before you post.....

voiceofreason 2017-01-11 13:54:28 

In reply to cherri
Unlike you I have a life that is why I asked the question. smile

voiceofreason 2017-01-11 14:07:19 

In reply to robbo

I just googled it and nothing. Can you post a link please. Anyway once called for pelting it is difficult to reform....We will see.

matchstick 2017-01-11 14:20:51 

In reply to cherri

keep abreast of the game, follow the news and know what is going on before you post.

u want the man GM everything then or wah?

less he know the better it may be lol

voiceofreason 2017-01-11 14:31:44 

In reply to robbo/cherri

According to my research Cooper has been reported four times now for suspect action. West Indies, IPL, Pakistan league and most recently Bangladesh. Was he cleared all 4 times? I only see clearance for the first two transgressions.

Again please post where he was cleared from the BPL.

link

Kevon Cooper and Arafat Sunny have been reported by the umpires for suspect bowling actions in the BPL.

West Indies' Cooper, too, was reported for a suspected bowling action during this year's Pakistan Super League. Yunus said the BPL wanted to cases such as Cooper's in future.

The Man was reported twice last year alone; once in Pakistan and most recently in Bangladesh. So again has he been cleared for those recent transgressions???

Larr Pullo 2017-01-11 15:42:05 

Cleared????

If pelting was a crime Cooper rass woulda been doing life by now!!!!

voiceofreason 2017-01-11 15:48:24 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I thought that it was 3 strikes then out. The Man got reported 4 times from 4 different National leagues. WTF?

cherri 2017-01-11 16:06:34 

Keeping abreast of the latest news is something that everyone should do, especially people that got a life, cause when yuh ready tuh open yuh face and talk bout people yuh should have details to go by.............the man was cleared by the ICC after going through testing in India, and his action was found to be withing the 15 degree limit so he can play......I am sure that if he does well for your team this would not be an issue,....tek time boss cause right now you behaving like a BI but without honours........

CricketLuva4 2017-01-11 16:21:01 

I think it's 3 times in international cricket. Could be wrong about that though.

voiceofreason 2017-01-11 16:27:02 

In reply to cherri

Well certainly you are not keeping a-breast of the situation as he has been called twice since he was called in India in 2014. Once in Pakistan and a second time in Bangladesh in 2016.

..I am sure that if he does well for your team this would not be an issue,..

We do not need a pelter to win.

WestDem 2017-01-11 16:37:20 

Cooper and Marlon will bowl allyuh to victory.... lol lol

cherri 2017-01-11 16:38:14 

While speaking to reporters David Furlonge Cooper's Queen's Park Cricket Club coach revealed that Cooper, whose bowling action was suspect during the Bangladesh Premier League T20 late last year, has been cleared after undergoing tests at an ICC sanctioned testing centre in Chennai,.....the Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, India in December and passed the test.

His action is within the legal limit and the results were sent to the various Boards including the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board letting them know that while his action might look suspect he is really within the legal limit of bowling,”

You need to read what people post and understand what you read.........

WestDem 2017-01-11 16:42:25 

Can you post a link please.

Cherri guh buss yuh rass!

voiceofreason 2017-01-11 16:52:34 

In reply to WestDem

Cooper did not make the T&T Super50 team which was announced on Friday. Furlonge revealed that Kevon Cooper went to India and did a bowling test at Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, India and passed the test.

“His action is within the legal limit and the results were sent to the various Boards including the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board letting them know that while his action might look suspect he is really within the legal limit of bowling,” the coach added.

Furlonge explained that the test was not a mandatory one and that Cooper was put through a some rigorous exercises that replicated match conditions. He said Cooper's elbow extension was within the 15 degrees permitted limit in all the deliveries that were tested.

Thanks for the link Westdem.

In other words he is a reformed pelter.

WestDem 2017-01-11 17:03:38 

I am still not sure if the content is accurate though...afterall its from from QPCC.... I think he is still a pelter but he and they know he will not be called in this tournament or the CPL.... cool

Pacy 2017-01-12 04:06:25 

In other words he is a reformed pelter.

No

“His action is within the legal limit and the results were sent to the various Boards including the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board letting them know that while his action might look suspect he is really within the legal limit of bowling,” the coach added.

Coach said, he does not pelt and looks are deceiving smile

Slipfeeler 2017-01-12 10:01:24 

Leewards pulling out all stops towards a tournament win, they are the team with the most blend of an all Caribbean team and certainly looks the most professional with so many "outside" players.
big grin big grin big grin

Larr Pullo 2017-01-12 12:34:20 

In reply to WestDem

Alyuh know the kind of cheating that does go on in Indian Unis? twisted twisted

I will not accept any report from some second rate Indian Uni when it comes to Cooper pelting!!! Unless he has so trick elbow loike Murli, Then he's a FORKING PELTER!!!!

WerlBoss 2017-01-15 11:05:45 

This outside player idea is just ridiculous. And only LI allow these things to happen where a whole FOUR outsiders taking spots from our actual LI players. 1 or 2 would b fine but FOUR?

granite 2017-01-15 11:50:53 

In reply to Larr Pullo
Maybe that is the reason why India produce some of the greatest scientists around the world,you should start cheating lil bit.
You should google great Indian mathematicians,philosophers,scientists etc,the majority studied in their own Indian Unis,some of the best writers came out of India,i can say more,but i leave you to look it up.
Next time don't be so fcuking glib,cheating goes on in many Universities the world over,now button up yuh big mout.

voiceofreason 2017-01-15 17:50:07 

In reply to WerlBoss

I see nothing wrong with it especially when Leewards consistently fail to hold any tournaments to select players from so they keep recycling the ordinary players.

WerlBoss 2017-01-16 13:44:24 

You have a point.

grugru 2017-01-16 15:20:26 

In reply to WerlBoss

what point does he have?
Shillingford was cleared to bowl and has been playing- where is your outrage?
Cooper has been cleared to bowl and you object shock

openning 2017-01-17 15:40:40 

Is Marlon practicing with the team?