The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Bim police experience

Cheeks 2017-01-13 04:13:42 

Wow

Double digit police officers for alleged stolen cellphone.

Three sides to every story still....BUT.....

camos 2017-01-13 06:52:14 

In reply to Cheeks

you all did not believe Miss Myrie!

Cheeks 2017-01-13 07:14:33 

In reply to camos

Who is 'you all' ?

sudden 2017-01-13 07:39:58 

In reply to Cheeks

i would bet you that Camos did not listen to that report you posted but only replied to bring Myrie or some Jamaican crap into this.

you responded as though you agree with him so let me ask you how are the two related, aside from they took place in Bim and involved the police?

bear in mind that Grenadians and bajans are quite close and have no real issues of this kind.

Cheeks 2017-01-13 07:43:50 

In reply to sudden

I know that.

On a personal level, most of my best friends from my UWI days are Bajans and I've been there countless times during my MBA days for school sometimes just to lime and I have never had an issue. Truth be told I've never had an issue travelling to any Caribbean country, including Yard and TnT.

I don't believe in knee-jerk responses to these things. There is a tendency to always assume the police is wrong by the pseudo-revolutionaries here smile and I don't like to do that. So I suppose because...I never said fyah bun Bim police on the Myrie threads..camos assumes I didn't believe her or maybe I was just placed in a bucket based on opinions on other matters? Not sure.

I prefer a more measured opinion after I get the facts.

The response, if accurate, whether the phone was stolen or not seems pretty excessive though.

Drapsey 2017-01-13 07:55:05 

In reply to Cheeks

Welcome to the exclusive club, now comprising Jamaica, Guyana, and new inductee, Grenada.

Who next, the St Lucians?

camos 2017-01-13 07:59:26 

In reply to sudden

i would bet you that Camos did not listen to that report you posted but only replied to bring Myrie or some Jamaican crap into this.

can you quote something from the report that would indicate my misunderstanding what took place?

sudden 2017-01-13 08:15:50 

In reply to Cheeks

ok, boss. been to your lovely island on a couple of day trips. have good friends there and went to school with the Wilkinsons. during the revo a couple of teachers from Grenada came to Bim and taught at Cawmere.

grenada is one of the few islands that would openly tell you they like bajans.

yes we ought to wait until a full report comes in and it will, i assure you.

forget the other noises on this thread now and that will likely pop up.

Kay 2017-01-13 09:59:20 

Why Bajans love to strip people suh?

Drapsey 2017-01-13 11:02:41 

In reply to Kay

Why Bajans love to strip people suh?

They must delight in the universally accepted principle of like gender administering such searches.

Headley 2017-01-13 14:31:34 

I can only recall one incident where a male police officer was convicted of raping an immigration detainee in the Caribbean. I can only recall one incident where a female police officer was convicted of assisting her male police officer colleague to perpetrate the rape of an immigration detainee in the Caribbean.

No prizes for guessing in which country this took place. evil

camos 2017-01-13 15:20:04 

[b]In reply to Headley[/b

]Is that a trick question?

lol

Headley 2017-01-13 16:54:35 

In reply to camos

Not really. It is a distinction that most folks would not associate with such a well-ordered country. In some jurisdictions a lot is swept under the rug. big grin

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-01-13 16:57:05 

In reply to Headley

Poor you

che 2017-01-13 19:56:00 

wunna tek time nuh

cool

che 2017-01-13 22:14:01 

Bajan-Grenadian World Champion

When asked about his love for music, André told Easy it was derived from his mother Denise Williams. Grenada born Denise is an entertainer and performed while pregnant with him. “Mama Puff is my rock, she is my anchor. “My mom practically raised me by herself. My mother is very independent and her hustling mentality was definitely passed onto me.”

All the way up!!

lol lol lol

Cheeks 2017-01-14 07:53:52 

In reply to che

I believe in letting the systems work. Hopefully there will be a fair and just outcome.