The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

CoCo Vandeweghe, the cleanest hitting in Aus Open

ProWI 2017-01-23 22:50:39 

Venus has to be twice as good to beat this girl.

If Venus beats her, she will go on to win the Finals; she has to be that good.

Tryangle 2017-01-24 09:41:57 

In reply to ProWI

Yeah, she was in complete control against Muguruza, had the Spaniard yearning for answers. Coco is on fire, and playing with confidence.

ProWI 2017-01-24 09:58:04 

In reply to Tryangle

CoCo explained: A brash Califonian valley girl; the one American projected to carry the Williamses' torch

Oilah 2017-01-24 17:49:15 

If Coco continues to play at her present level she will win it all.

Oilah 2017-01-24 17:49:16 

If Coco continues to play at her present level she will win it all.

django 2017-01-24 18:24:13 

Great clean hitting from Coco, definitely some of the cleanest hitting of the ball I have seen in a while. She didn't look like she would miss. But, honestly, that match pretty much epitomized women's tennis these days. There was absolutely zero innovation or smarts from Muguruza. How about a slice a couple of times, how about coming to the net to change things up, how about dropping the ball short and bringing Coco in to see if she is any good at the net. Women's tennis is solely about hitting the ball as hard as possible from the back of the court ALL the facting time. Its just ridiculous.

ProWI 2017-01-24 19:33:57 

In reply to django

I think that's a bit unfair about women tennis, unless you're prepared to say that about all tennis - women and men.

POINT 2017-01-24 20:26:42 

In reply to django

I do not agree with your assessment .
I recommend that you look at more women's matches . I have seen women come to the net and play deft volleys
with back spin that cannot be reached by their Opponents . .

Ayenmol 2017-01-24 21:21:26 

I thought the same after looking at the game last night. But she is 25 so am thinking Sharapova at Wimbledon many moons ago.

I must say, her attitude towards her opponent during play with the gestures and, quite frankly, taunts are a turnoff for me. You can be boisterous and animated without jeering at your opponent.

Kay 2017-01-25 09:47:59 

Probably the most trashy player I have seen on the WTA circuit. The attitude is disgusting to say the least...