The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Powell Recall

Emir 2017-02-07 13:28:13 

I will support him back into the team, he is consistently scoring runs and for those of you who say the bowling was weak, know he can only play against who he is presented with in the opposition and BTW, he is the tournament top scorer.

Against Trinidad, the bowling was very good- Gabriel, Ramps, Emrit- this is world class attack and he did well even if he got out dun-silly.

So he merits a recall based solely on performance. BUT, he must be spoken to about his comments and mind-set as it will lead him down the wrong path.

His post match comments, his public religious expressions- which should be deeply private for anyone representing the region, and his obnoxious comments about scoring bigger centuries comes more like a boast than sincere remarks.

What he needs to do, is focus on himself, stay quiet, keep on batting and stay extreme focus on his game.

He should not be captaining LI team at this stage.

I believe he can solve the opening batting problem and he can be a big asset for WI

regionfan 2017-02-07 14:28:30 

In reply to Emir

I agree with you 100%. He is a solid opener.

voiceofreason 2017-02-07 14:39:06 

In reply to Emir

Man STFU already. The Man is Leewards Captain and under his stewardship they are 6 wins/ 2 draws and 2 losses. You have no say in that matter.

You ran from that Windwards Captain lie you were spewing another futile attempt to attack Kieran Powell. Get over it.

Lord knows...You will jump over the cliff if he is appointed West Indian captain.

voiceofreason 2017-02-07 14:46:33 

Emir Joined: Aug 9, 2014
Sebastian spoke very well in his post match analysis. He did not blame the opposition, he gave them credit and he spoke of his team's batting woes.

Now, he had all rights to complain about umpiring, as his side was in the rotten end of 3 decisions, but yet, like a real sportsman, he did not blame the umpiring.

Contrast him with that Leewards Cappo who stunk up the stadium when he side was battered by a Trinidad C team.

link voiceofreason2/6/17 9:38:25 PM
In reply to Emir
Now, he had all rights to complain about umpiring, as his side was in the rotten end of 3 decisions, but yet, like a real sportsman, he did not blame the umpiring

I am not sure what post match interview you were listening to but I recalled him saying that they were on the wrong end of some bad decisions and I would not be surprised if he ends up with a fine. He also blamed his team's poor batting(not Trini bowling) for the loss and said that they have been struggling all season. You hearing what you want to hear.

You keep shouting Trini C team, therefore belittling any team's victory over your team. You sour loser.

Emir 2017-02-07 18:57:28 

In reply to voiceofreason

So you disagree with my opinion that he is doing extremely well as a batter and that he should be recall and that he is a big asset for the WI?

Priapus 2017-02-07 21:20:33 

In reply to Emir

Gabriel, Ramps, Emrit is a world class attack? shock
I wonder what kind of attack is Steyn, Rabada, Philander, Morkel. Cosmic? Galactic?

Emir 2017-02-07 21:51:37 

In reply to Priapus

Yes, Ramps, Emrit and Gabriel can compete with the best and yes they are world class.

What does this have to do with the bowlers you listed?

cricketfreak 2017-02-08 12:45:02 

That is a must for the selectors like it or not he rightly deserve it.

jacksparrow 2017-02-08 17:01:50 

I concur Powell for recall, man playing imperiously.

TanteMerle 2017-02-08 17:29:24 

He looks good today 52*
But the bowling sucks.

Still he should make a big one today.

Drapsey 2017-02-08 17:41:53 

In reply to TanteMerle

He looks good today 52*
But the bowling sucks.

I wouldn't trust dem WIlanders when it comes to bowling to Powell. Dem might be throwing pies on purpose to ensure that he makes yet another ton.

Afterall, they have no hope of advancing, so why not give their support to Powell on this his WI recall bid?

Emir 2017-02-08 17:47:21 

In reply to Drapsey

During commentary today Ambi said the rivalry is intense and real and WWI always put on a strong fight against them

Drapsey 2017-02-08 18:01:50 

In reply to Emir

wink

pariaman 2017-02-08 18:33:20 

In reply to Drapsey

Dung heap bully

Veracity 2017-02-08 18:39:38 

I looked up the definition of Determination and I see K. Powell's picture.
The last time I saw a player looking for a recall (had a point to prove) and performed like this locally was Carl (King) Hooper.

Emir 2017-02-08 18:46:59 

In reply to Veracity

I hope he doesn't end up like Hooper, a broken and sad man who remain the greatest under achiever in the history of WI cricket